Ward of Certitude (CLR)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Rykear, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Rykear Elder

All of the Templar discipline,

I read the patch notes and was pretty excited about the spell; however, I tested it out a few times in Ferrott catching on the the hit amount limit of 19K. In modern content with rounds possibly reaching the 40k plus, this seems small. There is a 24K heal with it but did not notice if the heal could be affected by our or the targets healing AAs. Additionally, the 3000+ mana cost seems high.

Have others tested the spell out in modern content? What are your impressions?

As for myself, I felt the mana cost, block hit amount limits, and recast seemed to make the spell a situational cast only. I did see the pluses for lesser content like power leveling if reverse damage shields would cause damage when the ward of Cert was up. Has anyone tried this usage out for WoC?

Thank you for your comments,

Rykear
  2. Mykaylla Augur

It's 19K (for rk. II) per hit, for 8 hits.
    The heal can be modified by the target's healing AAs.

I use it a lot in modern content. I was playing around with it on beta, too. I really, really like this spell, personally.

Yes, reverse DS still does damage while ward is on.
    Rykear likes this.
  3. Crystilla Augur

Mykaylla, which spell are you ending up dropping to keep up ward of certitiude (and are you keeping it up full time or selectively)?

Having a hard time figuring out what I want to permanently loose from my spell bar since the warm up and recast on this is so long.

My regular lineup is - f_renewal, reverent light, promised, issuance of grace, DI, yaulp, single elixer, group heal w/o cure, group elixer, 15th emblem, virtuous intervention, graceful remedy.
    Rykear likes this.
  4. Rykear Elder

Thanks for reply. I read the spell description and thought the 19k was not per hit/block but across all 8.

Nice to know on the DS cause thought might act like divine and not allow damage.
  5. Rykear Elder

I have similar issue. What to drop? Will play around with spells and test it some over my days off.
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

my line is PR, RL, FR, GR, Yaulp, DI, Ghot, 15th, Gheal, Ward, Utility slot, Shining.. I'd get rid of single elixir. But that's me Crystilla, i rarely ever use single elixirs.

Rank 3 of Ward of Cert is 20k x 8, then a 25.7k heal, which for a tank switch, its enough time, on group mobs i usually use it for when someone other than whos supposed to be tanking gets agro. Lately i've been not using tanks, so if a rogue gets agro pops it on rogue, rogue is fine, its .5 second cast, so its a good spell to cast to get you to the next step.

In all I am LOVING this spell.
    Adaire likes this.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

Ward of Certitude(34274-76) is a new level 97 spell. It has a 3 minute recast time on timer 9. It can be found under Utility Beneficial->Melee Guard. It absorbs up to 18231/19144/20100 damage per hit for 8 hits, and dooms Healing Ward when it fades. The buff lasts for 8 ticks or until all hits are absorbed.
    • Healing Ward (34277-79) is a new spell that is cast on the bearer when Ward of Certitude wears off. It is an instant heal for 23373/24543/25769 HP. It does not have a player level for focus purposes.
    In general we're trying to be creative about getting healing to the tank without requiring priests to have crazy reflexes. This is a new type of spell that is meant for players who you know are about to take some damage (tank switches, raid incoming, etc). It will cut down incoming damage by a lot for at least two rounds and heal a good bit of what's left when it fades.
    This is straight from aristo
  8. Mykaylla Augur

It really depends on what I'm doing as to what I drop. In group settings where I'm healing and not pulling or AEing, et cetera, it goes in my DI slot. DI has a much shorter refresh if I need to put it up for a particular fight on a different slot, and a group fight doesn't usually take over 9 minutes (Shining duration). For such activities, my spellbar looks like:

Shining
    Glorious Admonition
    Graceful Remedy
    Yaulp
    Ward of Certitude
    Elysian Intervention
    Group heal (with cure)
    Fervent Renewal
    15th Emblem
    Fraught Renewal
    Glorious Rebuke
    Virtuous Intervention

For a raid, obviously, DI is up all the time. Glorious Admonition gets switched with splash in most cases, but if splash is not advantageous on a given raid due to placement or whatever, I'd put it there for ease. When I want both, It's going in Shining's spot, and Shining is getting juggled, either with yaulp, or casting a remedy, dropping and switching through that slot (since it has a fast refresh), or through group heal if my group is not currently tanking things, as it has no recast, and if I have an emergency while rebuffing, there's epic/arb and beacon, as well as splash (which is faster). I've been talking with a friend about timing the number and frequency of uses of 15th versus the three minute reuse on Ward of Certitude to see if that's a viable replacement (I do love having it there though); it's certainly a viable switch slot once you fire it and it's greyed out, to cycle a buff through.

wtb a second spellbar (or at least a couple more slots!), pst!
  9. Crystilla Augur

Yeah - I've found what spell I want to drop for it in groups (that one was pretty easy), but I tend to have the difficulties with raid. I actually dropped it for Promised R_ last night, though didn't get to make much use of it on our learning event. (My group assignment was too far out of range of the tanks most of the time.)
  10. Karhar Dream Crusher

I did notice though, that Mark of Tohan line and Ward of Cert shares the same timer, or maybe i was half asleep and i'm lying.
  11. Mykaylla Augur

Infusion of the Graceful shares timer 9 with Ward of Certitude.
    Mark of Tohan is on timer 10.
  12. Karhar Dream Crusher

musta been me being tired!
  13. Rykear Elder

Yeah, I agree and with the knowledge that the spell is a 19k per hit for 8hits plus the 25k heal. I am back to loving the spell but I just need to figure out what to swap out. Will experiment and find what works for me.

Thanks again to all the clerics for the feedback.

Rykear
  14. Crystilla Augur

Somehow I think I'm going to play with dropping 15th emblem. I find that I rarely even try to cast that spell now since remedy and/or intervention do the speed trick fast enough for me.
  15. LoonyToony Elder

Been toying with it on Live servers wish Aristo would increase the stone skin portion. Replaced 15th since I no longer use it and use Rem instead. Been nice on a couple of raids.
  16. Nylrem Augur

Love the spell, please, pretty please allow it to work on pets though?
  17. Adaire Lorekeeper

Crys I dropped light for it on raids but I run with a 3 renewal 2 intervention new remedy in between lineup and am typically pretty much the only one doing the healing the way I do it :) I also don't use promised either to me that's a waste too not enough control on it, I can almost see it for a self heal but I don't have a crystal ball type mentality enough to use it affectivey.

I use it similar to Kar I heal a non currently tanking person with it mostly as preventative, or I use it on a failed tank swap to almost guarantee if I am on this person about take aggro using ward of cert plus me burning either a frenzy bp click or other burn type healing a rotation is GOING to at least have a 90% chance of sticking...

I do love the spell though to me it belongs on everyone's bar (not in groups though) glorious and contravention and intervention fill the group game up!

On a somewhat related note why on earth would someone still be using emblem in today's game to me it's wasted too much to be affective as soon as the changes to remedy went in emblem went kaput!
  18. Karhar Dream Crusher

I use it in group game but i'm normally in non conventional groups :p I rarely run with a tank usually its a monk beast tanking, so when the rogue usually gets agro i hit ward on them usually long enough til the monk or beast gets agro again. its wonderful :p Ive been tempted to dump emblem, but still situations where i have used it and saved someone.
  19. Crystilla Augur

It's been what, 2 weeks now? since I dropped 15th Emblem and realize I don't even miss it at all. It served a great purpose for years for me, but I find I'm not reaching for it currently at all.

I almost never keep regular buffs up on raids (it's quick enough to mem it while the person is zoning in from rez I've found) so I like flexibility of choice - which is why I had 1 of each spell time up (including remedy and 15th) at the same time.

<--- is a mental timer and crystal ball girl, though even now I've found I alternate now between shining bastion OR promised ren_ for raids - though I AM missing PR when it isn't memmed.
  20. Mistatk Augur

When I use this spell i`m not seeing it on the person I casted on, I think it goes to song window? Can only cast every 3min, hope I'm not casting it 15sec before or after someone else just did, is there any way to tell? aside from that, very useful spell.