Voting on Expansion Unlock

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Jun 13, 2015.

1. TarewMarrForever Augur

Simple question: if I have 14 level 30+ on my account when the vote comes around, can I vote once (ie per account), or 14 times (ie per character)?
  2. Tarrin Augur

Per account, unless I am mistaken.
  3. Risiko Augur

It's time to face the facts people. This isn't congress. The facts are the facts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact #1:
    Ragefire was the RESULT of a community-wide vote that indicated by a landslide that the Everquest Community wanted a Maximum Nostalgia Time Locked Progression server.

The RageFire server is the RESULT of that vote, not the cause of that vote. The server was created to serve the purposes of that vote's results.

Fact #2:
    It's clear that some minority group of Everquest gamers want a Fast Time Locked Progression server.

It's obvious. You can tell that by the vast arguments on these forums. But, here's the thing. Why are you asking for an EXISTING server to be CHANGED to what you want?

You wouldn't ask for any other server to have it's rules changed, so why are you asking for Ragefire to have it's rules changed? It doesn't make sense to do so. The server exists. Let it live out it's purpose.

Instead of asking for a new vote, ASK FOR A NEW SERVER.

What we need is a Fast Progression Time Locked server that opens a new expansion every month. When it hits the current expansion, the server lasts for one month before shutting down and resetting. The top five guilds of the server are marked as the champions of that "EQ SEASON", and the competition begins again.

A NEW server with NEW rules. That's what you need. Leave Ragefire and Lockjaw alone. They already have rulesets that don't fit your desires.
    Jordis, Nickatropolis, Yinla and 12 others like this.
  4. MaestroM Augur

So.

I'm ambivalent about this.

I voted for Kunark at launch because I wanted Iksar.

But I also don't care one bit about the "votes" here. You didn't have to have a subscription in order to vote. Also, the people who came back after the server was launched didn't get to vote, blah blah blah.

So many problems with votes. Do we really care about what boxers think? DBG does. So that might matter a little. A little.
    Nickatropolis and Gythlen like this.
  5. Storytimebros Elder

Fact#1 This server was created to make the maximum profits possible.
    Fact#2 You will be shown a good time raiding on both servers until instanced content starts.
    Fact#3 Don't vote for something if you really don't know what your getting into.
  6. Tris Augur

You are manipulating facts. You can actually compare the vote if you cast a vote for presidency in USA and give all of South, Middle and North america voting rights. In this case the vote wasnt made by Ragefire players, but serverwide. And just as well as the ppl from south america have different ideas on what should happen in USA, The players from the live servers have different opinions on what should happen on Ragefire from the ppl playing here.
    Unique_Moop likes this.
  7. Mashef_8013 Elder

The vote was rigged. It was for current sub's only. 90% of the player base is not a current sub. Get over yourself.
    Also, stop trying to think of "creative ideas" it is not your strong suit. If raids were instanced no one would want to vote.

If Kunark and Classic were lumped together there is no arguing the 6 months for all other expansions. Starting in Velious there is tons of stuff to be done. Kunark and Classic is just enough content to consider it a game. Classic is just a teaser of a game.
    Indrigoth and Unique_Moop like this.
  8. Steampunk Augur

Not sure how you are defining what a game is. Looking back, Everquest was released in March 1999 and Kunark wasn't released until March 2000. It was apparently enough of a game back then. If it's not enough of a game for you now, then maybe you are playing the wrong game? I'm certainly not saying to wait 12 months, but I am saying that 6 months is not too long. Just because some people have run out of content that they want to do does not mean that everybody else has to be forced to keep up with them. Or are you saying that everybody else does not matter?

Have the vote, if DBG supports it, and see what the decision is.
    Wildwand likes this.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

No.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

Not sure where this comes from. First, it took development time to get Kunark out. Second, this game is now 16 years old and the vast majority of players are veterans. They don't need to explore, they know what all the classes do, etc; basically, a lot of trial and error things we had to do back in the day, we do not have to do now.

Also, people have been asking for Kunark to get everyone spread out more since before the server even released. I just don't understand why the only counterargument people can make is the "run out of content" argument. There are other reasons.

Also, one thing people aren't considering. Daybreak never said the vote was to change the ruleset; they just said they would consider opening Kunark sooner. So....if Kunark opens after 3 months, it could still be 9 more months to Velious, not 6. I only cite that as a possibility, since Daybreak hasn't really communicated any more detail than that. And if that's what happens, well...Classic is still very very much relevant content during Kunark.
  11. Tarrin Augur

Don't forget about these facts you are choosing to ignore.

Fact : If the minority playerbase wants Kunark..why are you worried about a poll? Clearly they would lose...right?

Fact : DBG, before the server launched, clearly stated they would investigate options if the server community wanted to speed things up.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Source?
  13. Nolrog Augur

The votes are per account. You can go vote 14 times, but it will keep over writing the previous.
  14. Ducreux Augur

Per account and usually has a loose level requirement. For Kunark I imagine it'd be like required level 20 or something.
  15. Jadefox Augur

Gotta be by account, because there's not really a foolproof way to tell which accounts are boxed or not.

--Jade

Edit: And Jade should read the OP more carefully, but the point still stands. Sorry.
  16. Porterz73 Augur

87% of people who use unsubstantiated hard numbers to prove a point have less than a 5 % understanding of statistics... 115% of people know that.
    (My numbers are accurate to +or- 20%. 19 out of 20 times )
    Darkening likes this.
  17. Shmef Augur

fact 1 - poll was done on live servers including f2p accounts and possibly people who never even intended to play on the new servers.

fact 2 - people who came back to the game after the server had already opened had no say in the vote. not saying there are a huge amount of these people but 3 friends i play with had no idea about the server until i was already playing on it and told them about it - so there are some.

fact 3 - server population will be much less 6 months in than the first month. people will stop playing it always happens. they leave faster when they have nothing else to do and it gets boring. even 3 months in you will see a reduction in the player base.

that last one was the biggest one and in all fairness the fate of the server should be in the hands of the people that want to play it/continue to play it. it would not be so completely terrible to just do a simple yes/no vote only on the new servers just to see if people want to speed it up - and if yes wins then do another vote to see by how much. there are also people who play at launch then stop playing because boredom but will come back when the next expansion is opened. so this should be more visible(email) to everyone that made a toon on the new servers so that they can log in to vote as well.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  18. Rhiyannon Augur

i don't care about the facts... just want the posts to stop... no more posts!
  19. Groans Augur

Dear devs. I will take my new server with instances kunark from the beginning beast lords and zerkers in it and instancing all around :)

No frogloks tho, I fargin hate frogloks
  20. Rauven Augur

And possibly people who would sub to play a classic game. I have more than a handful of friends who did just that.

Fact debunked.

I didn't get to vote in the elections in my local, state, and federal governments before I was 18, nor did I get a say in such votes after, it was already done. That's how voting works. Those people who came in after the fact knew what they were getting into, they made their decision.

If they only wanted 3 months of classic they could come back in September. If they want Kunark, they can come in during December.

Sure they don't get what they want -now- but if they wanted now, they should have been there. Life's unfair like that. However, its ridiculous to think they are in the majority.

This happened in 1 week. What difference does it make if its 3 or 6 months? If you get to 50 in a week, congrats. You still have 3 weeks left in the month of All Access. You have tons of things you can do with it, not just limited to EQ.

See that's where you all are not realizing the value of the thing you subbed for. You have access to TLP. You have Premium Access to regular EQ servers, EQ2 servers, PS2, DCUO, and now TLP access in EQ2.

You've got a bargain. Use it. Or let it run out and go to something else and come back when the content you want is unlocked. I won't judge you.

Sure they could whip up a poll. But players could simply do as I suggested in the above paragraph. Perhaps I like that we have what we do. Perhaps some of us are getting what we voted for. Who the hell are you to say we shouldn't have that?

You go on about fairness and say in the matter. Some of us did get our say in. We turned out to be the majority. Now you want to take that away? Let me ask this question, why shouldn't we tell you to piss off? Not saying that you should, I respect your opinion, but put yourself in someone else's shoes at the moment.

Imagine if the tables were turned. You got what you wanted. And we came in here saying we'd want 6 months of classic. What would you and people like you say to us? Don't BS me, I know most of you would tell us to go play on the emulated servers.

That's pretty messed up right there.