Vaniki is dead huh

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moforyguy12345, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Soooo can we just restart Vaniki since the idea seems unpopular and turn it into a kunark start traditional server?
  2. wade_watts Augur

Yeah, why waste server resources on it. Just fold it, give people some account level bonus and roll something that people will actually play.

Perhaps actually start the community resource council and determine what the players might actually want.
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Vaniki is still in the lull before the storm phase.

Level cap 40 so no AA to grind. Gear grinds are few and for small gains. Raid targets are very limited to either complete cheese or overwhelming bind rush.

Next week we get level 50, a couple things open up for small groups, but not a big change.
    Two weeks after we get level 55, opens up kunark / luclin spells, we get some AA abilities and suddenly players are much stronger. More group options, PoP tier 2 and 3 zones are open so you can look at ornate molds. More GoD zones are reasonable.

Then August 3rd the world explodes. Level 60 and we have all the Kunark and Luclin spells and AA. We get 4 expansions of content open at once including OoW open world, DoN missions (with tradable currency), some DoDH stuff, a few monster missions, some PoR quests, PoR spirit mark armor, DoN cultural armor, tradeskill trophies, full access to PoP elemental planes, a slew of raid targets for various skill levels. Also the truebox gets relaxed to 3 per computer.

Sept 3rd the GoD zones unlock which mean people can try to raid the M'sha and get some outstanding armor

After that, it is a breakneck pace. 5 levels and their AA every 2 months and a constant pushing the boundary of what can be raided.

Vaniki isn't dead. It is coiled up, and it is about to get nuts.
    Barton, Yinla, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Threads like this and the OP or anyone who agrees with them are some the the vilest and most toxic things in the game.

The see people "who aren't having fun the right way" and cavalierly suggest that those peoples characters and any effort that they expended, any achievement that they succeeded in accomplishing, should be deleted and thrown out so the "clean livin', right thinkin' TLP recyclers" can have yet another server that they will abandon in a few months.

It's disgraceful and the OP should feel bad for even thinking it much less wasting the bandwidth and pixels required to post it but I know that they won't

You're assuming a lot about the overall player base. In the past polling by Sony got the Mayong 51/50 server instead of a Classic server by a landslide.

There are a LOT of people from Live who play TLP as a diversion and the recycler population is likely way smaller than you think. You might never see another vanilla Phinny clone if you put it to a vote of the entire player base
  5. Zansobar Augur

It will be a long time before there will be an AA grind given how many will be autogranted.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

October 26. We get level 65 and TSS/TBS open, but autogrant is through PoP, so at that point you start grinding aa for GoD. Every level raise after that will give any you miss, but not the highest 5 levels.

edit: looked at OoW-PoR doesn't look like any below 65, so it is just the GoD at that time.
    Skuz and Timmyboi like this.
  7. KobalWR Lorekeeper

Not having 10 picks in Lower Guk and Unrest doesnt make a server dead.
    We had bench during the last raids, people are farming new or unusual group content, we completed a lot of epic quests and we'll have many more targets available in a few days for both group and raid content.
    Vaniki is fine.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  8. Xeris Augur

Vaniki is a fun time... If you don't enjoy it don't play it
    Skuz and Foaming like this.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Vaniki is a server that live players play on when bored. To get the server achievements too. Its a challenge server.

If not looking very good then, should stop asking for hardcores, challenging servers, tough servers, corpse runs, etc.
  10. Moforyguy12345 Augur

LOL dude all I did was check out vaniki's population a couple times during prime and saw low pop...and we've never had a Kunark start.I am actually having fun on Yalinak slow playing cuz of the 2 month unlock. All I was doing was making an observation and half joking about scrapping it for a better ruleset.
  11. code-zero Augur

You don't scrap peoples characters. That's what you called for. If it was a joke it was toxic and not funny
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Vaniki is fine.

It could use more Live players spread out over the latter end of the unlocks. They could incentivize continued play better.

There will always be some people who wish to force a captive audience for farmers and resellers on specific ruleset servers.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Long way to go on Vaniki before any judgements can be made.
    Genoane, Skuz and Foaming like this.
  14. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Myself and a good deal of people are having a lot of fun on Vaniki. If you think it is a failed server you must not be a creative person and not like fun, because that is how you play Vaniki.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Don't scrap level 40 characters on a dead server 3 weeks in....I am so toxic...
  16. Murdukethegreat New Member

Im having fun playing on Vaniki as an event server to get achievements for my characters on mischief.

Its not my ideal TLP but its definitely different.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. hyrum_cpfc New Member

I'm having a blast on this server had little problems getting groups in EU timezone USA prime.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. code-zero Augur

Yes you are, in fact you've only gotten more toxic with your bitter defensiveness.

I mean I get it, sometimes people don't have fun the right way. But no one is making you log on to the bad~fun server and level to 40 while attempting to get the achievements.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

To everyone crapping on Vaniki I would like to say:

Maybe you will get your favourite server next year, maybe you will not, but if you don't I am going to really savour you feeling bitter & hard done by for another year even more than I will this year.

See, Toxic can go both ways.
  20. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Imagine playing on Yelinak and thinking another server is dead. you're in the complete pit of content recyclers and the server has a clock ticking down while you're stuck in the worst content the game has to offer.
    code-zero likes this.