Vaniki and Yelinak Fail

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aikharos, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Basak Augur

That is not live, not even close to live, even P99 is faster than that.
  2. Vivace New Member

This is wrong. Thornblade was killed by toxic cheaters. People were quite literally being tracked and harassed in CL or OW at raid targets and get trained because heaven forbid people try to take down a target and gear their toons without the local zerg guild bat phoning 100+ people then exploiting and getting away with training. I am not saying there wasn't a zerg guild on Mischief but at least they weren't as toxic about it in my experience.

I see nothing wrong with Vaniki except no one will likely attempt to play any of the first 6 expansions. I 100% expect to see people level and do what is required to be top for GoD. So those that wish to experience those first 6 expansions cannot do it on this server.

From what I've read on the time frame seem many think LoY was introduced too late and should be before PoP not with it as PoP gear makes LoY obsolete. Maybe give LoY 4 weeks before PoP? Give PoP 10-12 weeks since people love it so much.

Honestly, I just want to raid in era content to experience it with end goal being live servers once I have. I don't understand recyclers. I love the TLP idea to experience things missed.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's "an idea" though I think it is a very bad, and arguably very stupid one.

You might as well ask if Darkpaw hate money & want to see EverQuest become unprofitable & be closed down.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They could do it on this server, providing they can gather enough like-minded players who want to do it with them.
    Nothing at all about Vaniki prevents them from doing that.

Not the craziest idea I have heard of, but it already launches with PoP, and it has level 65 content so it wouldn't be a good fit to pair it with Luclin.

As I understand it, it is possible for the devs to unlock expansions out of their normal release order, I recently suggested a TLP server that launches with LDoN & Classic at its start.

I totally get where you are coming from, I was on Phinigel from GoD unlocking all the way to it reaching live with CoV & it was a lot of fun, albeit with a lot of problem solving required along the way with alliances, guild collapses etc.
    Zrender likes this.
  5. Torga Journeyman

Yep Traditional servers = Krono lovers dream. Monopoly heaven for these servers.
  6. Hirbow Augur

What are you talking about, the most casual players on Mischief that I know have made more Krono on Mischief that on the last 4 TLP's without even trying
    Zrender and JustAnotherOpinion like this.
  7. Torga Journeyman

Yeah casuals
    Not kronolords big difference friend.

Casuals aren't your typical krono lovers btw
  8. Vivace New Member

Nothing prevents them from doing this except that it requires additional effort, discipline, and leadership. These are not qualities I see people having when better alternatives are available. Even sometimes when it doesn't! People are in it for the current content rush. Considering the "Shroud of Veeshan" was an easy drop on mischief and bis even in Velious, but no one would return to kunark to kill any raid targets to help out the healers or even make some krono! I asked around to see if any of the top 10 guilds were going back and no one was. It was only the multi boxers teaming up to kill the older OW raid targets and making bank.

They were all about fighting in ToV and current T1 targets. This is why I have zero faith in people attempt to play any of the first 6 expansions or any of the other starting expansions in any of the new content released. The goal will always be the best and max content available.

I wouldn't have any issue with GoD unlocking if my girl and I had experienced the previous expansions. This is the only reason we are even on TLP's is for that experience. Skipping it to play from GoD just isn't appealing. Yelinak with mischief ruleset would be perfect giving us the missed experiences due to covid. Though even if they only just increased the drop rate to mischief ruleset amounts or slightly more due to the increased speed that would solve my concerns to not have FT and random.

I know for some classes it isn't that hard to gear up if you are some of the few limited select classes for the guild like the warrior tanks. However, heals, support like enchanters, and especially the dps crews there just isn't enough gear for the shorter time span now provided.

I don't believe they took the loot drop rate into consideration when they speed up the release of early expansions for both servers. People are greedy and will attempt things they aren't ready for and I fear it will make the average user experience poor. This will hurt retention rate of the servers in the long run.