Vaniki and Yelinak Fail

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aikharos, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Aikharos Journeyman

DBG, the reason hundreds flocked to Mischief was the perfect rule set including tradeable gear, random loot, etc. A lot of us simply like playing up to PoP. My whole family has been waiting since December, sure that the popularity of Mischief would generate another similar server in May. When we read the choices, we were crushed. A weird version of EQ that starts with many expansions we could care less about and one server that’s just simple classic but boring. Please consider adding random loot to Yelinak or we are all waiting at least another year, which would totally suck. Can we get some supportive responses please?
    Vivace, Legends, Aeonblade and 3 others like this.
  2. Zilias New Member

Your krono farming is denied. Thanks for your time.
  3. itiswhatitis Elder

No Krono farming is a go.
  4. Starshape Elder

Yelinak is just fine as is.
    Gitztrolling, Rounlin, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  5. Xanathol Augur

That is the opposite of reality. The only people I know that have quit Mischief over the ruleset were those upset at the lack of krono they were making in comparision to more 'standard' ruleset servers.
    Torga likes this.
  6. Basak Augur

Why do people just assume this request is Krono related? Some people just enjoy that ruleset and have their own expansions they stop playing in like any other TLP we've had.
  7. Omani Journeyman

Oh no's Aikharos has spoken, it is now the gospel. If mischief is so great stay on it and enjoy it.
  8. Intercept Augur

Sorry guys no more triple loot servers lol
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The devs said there wasn't enough interest to make a Free Trade Ruleset TLP, but then in a surprise turn they decided to try it, but now a whole lotta folks have forgotten how its a special ruleset & think every TLP should have it.

Just stop.
    code-zero, Zrender and Nolrog like this.
  10. Zansobar Augur

They need a third server that is closer to the Mischief ruleset.
    Vivace likes this.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

No, there is mischief.
  12. Legends Elder

I'd bet Yelinak will have the lowest population on launch if we could compare it to any of its previous clones. I don't know a single person leaving Mischief to go to the new TLP, Yelinak. Odds are Mischief stays more popular then the new TLPs, which would be something no TLP has ever done before?!

The Devs will see the low numbers though and odds are we see a Free-Trade server next year. Sad, but hopefully that Free-trade server will be without the Mischief extra/random loot.
  13. error Augur

I don't think they'd do a free trade TLP without random loot and they already have 2 random loot servers going which haven't even progressed very far. Random loot provides a passive solution to most camp monopolization issues which would otherwise be amplified by the free trade ruleset, without that they'd either have to deal with all the complaints and backlash or spend a disproportionate amount of time on manual enforcement on those servers.
    Vivace, Skuz and code-zero like this.
  14. Fabulous New Member

Disagree, lots of camps are exaggerated about, even on traditional TLPs (ie. Guk names/Circlet of Shadow/Fungi Tunics/I could go on and on)

Picks made things much easier to obtain. That being said I don't think random loot is a requirement for free-trade at all. How far a server has progressed also has no impact on what the next TLP will be as we've seen time and time again, as they are completely fine splitting the population.
  15. error Augur

Camps like efreeti and circlet of shadow have historically been monopolized by bot groups on every standard TLP and they typically don't get dealt with until it's too late to matter. Picks help but they're an unreliable solution since they're not always available and can close at any time. Free trade without random loot allows all camps to be as easily exploitable as these. Obviously they can and do sell loot rights to no drop items already on standard servers but that means more manual labor and lots of rots so it's not as profitable outside of special cases like Quillmane.

And I'd say a standard ruleset TLP doesn't preclude another standard ruleset TLP from launching the next year, but it'd be really strange to do the same custom ruleset TLP twice in a row.
  16. Fabulous New Member

Strange, never had an issue farming any group item I've wanted on any TLP. People just exaggerate, but we can agree to disagree.
  17. Cideral Lorekeeper

no trade loot was the wrong decision when it first became prevalent in the very beginning. Community games, games with social interaction that is, should have a marketplace, not just a get-your-own safari.
    Risiko, Xanathol and Legends like this.
  18. Legends Elder

We all know the Devs are out of touch, but good thing we have people like you who read their words as gospel and spread it daily on the forums. We all thank you for your service. /s

There are plenty of examples of this too from "Casuals shouldn't be allowed to fight Nagafen" to "Well, to be fair only a few people are asking for it(FV TLP), they are just doing so with an admirable frequency".

The Devs takes are terrible, having no idea what the player base truly wants or simply ignoring them. I don't see how a company can be wrong so many times about servers that have made them LOADS of money after finally listening.

The odds are that Mischief's success can't be ignored, especially if it continues to be a high population server even after the new TLP's launch and Mischief progresses into expansions where the population usually dwindles for most traditional servers.
    Vivace, Aeonblade and Xanathol like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What made it that success?
    It was something different to the norm, if they repeated it would most jump ship to the newest clone?
    If they leave it unique, will more continue on Mischief and see more expansions?

I don't see any harm in having unique servers, some are hit and miss like Miragul, more successful was Selo. Vaniki is something different again, its good to see they have fresh ideas to make TLPs a little different and keep it fresh, even if some of them seem to be a little far left.

Not sure if the traditional TLP in Yelniak is good or bad.If it was me I'd give it Free trade loot, but then they may see that as encroaching on Mischiefs ruleset.

I've seen a lot of calls for a classic TLP, but I'm not sure that is actually what players want, as we see calls for faster exp, along with the calls for hell levels. Return of corpse runs, removal of extended target window. But then we have the other calls asking for focus effects to work pre Luclin, bazaar at launch, tutorial at launch. There seems to be less calls for a classic TLP than the requests for other things to be included. The common request seems to be Classic TLP but with....x......y......z.

It must be tough to decide on a ruleset for a server when there are so many contradictory request for what players want a TLP to be.
    HekkHekkHekk and Triconix like this.
  20. Zrender Augur

Nah. I think Mischief would be gutted by a new free trade server. Look at Thornblade. Consistently low pop and has been since forever. The devs got it right. Mischief will continue to do well because there is a substantial group of core players that love it. Every so often there should be another free trade server but not this year and probably not next year.

Vaniki is basically a new live server that takes a minute to get to live and gives extra potential unique rewards for completing challenges. It has potential. I think it's biggest hurdle a this point is people being confused about how they would proceed on it and there not being enough info yet about the rewards or resist/melee changes. It's thrown a wrench into the a.b.c progression which is a good thing if you want to get to live and try something new and challenging at the same time. Also nice if you want bst/ber at start and are fine without classic progression.

Yelinak is the tried and true with the fast progression thrown in. Probably it will be very popular but if not, then it's not (imo) because it lacks free trade, it's because of the progression pace and because it's split with Vaniki. Or maybe the progression pace will be popular, we'll see.

Of course either of these would be popular with free trade but it would be at Mischief's expense and wouldn't increase revenue except for maybe some extra bag sales at the start which they will likely get anyway on Mischief, because, when they release the new bag set, that allows Mischief players to get another set (need lotsa bags for that piñata loot :p) .
    Genoane and Skuz like this.