Valdeholm not a city? Can't bind my SK...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ojier, Jun 13, 2014.

1. ojier Lorekeeper

Today I tried to have my SK bound in Valdeholm -- interested in trying to get the AC aug -- I used to be able to bind there when searching before -- today not so much.

Also not much luck in logging back into the game 6/13/14 -- is something amiss with the servers? Is that what's wrong in Valdeholm or have there been changes?
  2. Uxtalzon Augur

I remember way back there were "bind spots" like the gypsy camp in NK, maybe that's the case in Valdeholm? Even though it may be a city, it's hostile to everyone... much like orcs and gnolls have their own place but it just isn't safe (though you can befriend goblins and they have merchants and a banker).
  3. Yther Augur

Yea, as far as I can remember it was only at the entrance before crossing the 1st bridge where you could bind. Haven't tried for years though.

Yther Ore.
  4. Axxius Augur

Kael Drakkel is 'not a city' either. As well as the City of Mist, Kernagir the Shining City, and great many other city zones that are not player starting cities.

Without questioning the design reasons why you cannot bind in all those zones, somebody needs to change that message to something less asinine.
  5. ojier Lorekeeper

Weird thing is - on a different server, I have a melee type bound there just fine, extreme north of zone.
    Also tried binding at zone-in -- no go. I think this is maybe an unreported bug, or a change...

On the other server I used a LoN bind potion for my fighter to do himself -- this time someone in the group was trying to get it done with the spell. Does either method work differently?
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Melee used to use the locket thing from Charasis and bind outside of Sebilis; a place where typically only casters could bind themselves. In this regard, binding yourself is different than binding another person.
  7. Iila Augur

Yes. Binding yourself follow different rules than binding others.

Binding yourself is anywhere, except some restricted zones/places. (Restricted zones are mostly dungeons)
    Binding others is only allowed in some zones and places. (Mostly cities)
  8. Makavien Augur

If you use legends of norrath bind potions to bind yourself you'll open up many other places where you cant be bound by others . Like take Call of the forsaken for example. I could bind my bard with my mages bind spell in Neriak- Fourth Gate but it takes a potion to bind the bard or my warrior at the portals where my mage can bind using the spell.