[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Journeyman

Yet another boxer fanboy. You guys can have ragefire. Make LockJaw a non boxing server.

Tron Legacy
  2. Leex Pewpewer

It's certainly not my PC causing this issue, I'm also on high speed internet ( 100down + 25 up). The only time I don't have an issue with my box running around me is when I turn my background fps up.It's known that causes boxers not to lag when on AF.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Pretty sure the anti boxers are boxing accounts to post here about their anti boxing views.

Just a hint, Daybreak can see you.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Bloops Journeyman

They can't, because they can't have proof. The only way they can is by randomly /tell one of the boxed toons multiple times and if he don't respond then ban for botting suspicion. It take a lot of manpower which they don't have.

They can't detect 3rd party software unless it does some kind of injection into the game memory. They are not allowed to scan your process. In fact they are not allowed to scan anything outside the own namespace of the game.

Another famous MMO company tried that and they learned it the hard way in court. You can have a process called MyEqSuperBotLolz, they are not allowed to scan it.
  5. jagarr Augur

people have been running up to my box group in lavastorm and sending a blank tell ' " to one of my chars, then scurrying off and reporting me if i don't reply.
    MAKE SURE you have a chat window for just whispers open, and catch it. griefers are getting people banned this way.
  6. Joshuada5566 Journeyman

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT. THEY ARE LOOSING MONEY FROM PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT PAY TO PLAY WITH BOXERS. Good grief..
  7. Numiko Augur

Funny thing about , it was originally written to automate trade skill combines you had to do one at a time ..

I notice now that trade skill bags and boxes have a "Combine all" button which does the same thing was originally designed to do. .. basically they have incorporated a main feature of the original right into the EQ interface.:eek:
  8. Rolien Elder

But they must destroy all servers.

Every server must be destroyed! All of them!

They pay more money than us non boxing people they deserve to destroy everything we like. That's how I have gotten to reading every person supporting "boxing" with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
  9. Bloops Journeyman

It's common sense. If you can't handle what happen on one of your toons, it's automation/semi-automation. And in that case, you are the griefer.
  10. Zhutuak Augur

I 3 boxed in 2000-2004 using a 3rd party program called EQW. It placed the game in window mode and released the mouse, that was it. This allowed you to layer the accounts on top of each other and alt-tab between two and use the released mouse to change char via the task bar.

Today, EQ has window mode w/ auto mouse release, much like EQW but much better. I four box on Vox as well as rolled a 4 box on Rage.

I am saying this because I agree, 3rd party programs that actually do the work for you should not be allowed. The only way this would seem to be solved is if IP`s w/ many accounts are view to se if they are running 5-6 of the same class, ie mage.

The difference between the two is as a 4 boxer w/ eq multi-box function allows me to actually do all the key strokes myself whereas this isoboxer thing automates it. It seems that it would only work for THE SAME CLASS.

So if you want to ban this isoboxer 3rd party program, you need to match up ip`s w/ multi account user and then investigate if these accounts all have the same approx level and class toons on these accounts. This seems to me like the way to identify who is using the 3rd party program.
  11. Apple New Member

Boxing is fine, a boxer will manually play each toon, they will drop a box to add a player, they are social and friendly, they will bring a box if you are missing a class to fill the group. Can we seriously say the same about players who have 5 auto following auto casting toons chasing them around.

I do not box and have no intention of starting but I do not think it is fair to say all boxers are disruptive.

Only DB knows how much money they gain from autobot(not real boxers) programs vs the money they lose from players cancelling sub as to not have to deal with them unless they would like to share.../wink.

How many actual players will quit because of the bot armies running around. How many of those players will not return as customers to DB future games. (just curious if this has happened to any other games, if anyone has any real information about this please share)
  12. TarewMarrForever Augur

> omfg have you ever played EQ? You cant instance raid zones, it would screw with spawn timers and people would instance hop for the timer windows, multiple instances of naggy up at same time would be headache and flood server with gear.

Yes, and raids suck in EQ. They do. Compared to literally every other game I've raided in. Who cares if the servers gets flooded with gear, as long as it isn't he same guild doing all of the raiding? As long as everybody gets a shot, a few smaller guilds can ally and get their shot, then what the hell is wrong with that? Instancing allows that.

Instancing raids is definitely not needed at this point, but it will be shortly. What is needed is instancing every zone except raid zones. Or, at a minimum, every outdoor zone. So at least the casual players who represent the majority of the server population have a place to hunt without bickering over camps. It was easy for the people who are 50 already because they charged through the content with relatively little competition. This is no longer the case.

They will need to do some coding to make raid zones instance-able for sure to prevent exploits, but I am quite certain that taking this approach is FAR better than trying to eliminate boxing.
  13. Zhutuak Augur

Seems to me that the difference is in the automation of the key strokes. Identify IP`s w/ multi accounts, check to see if those accounts have the same class & level across all of them. If so, investigate the logs, ban the offenders.

EQW and eq window boxing allows the player to make the keystrokes, iso automates them. This is the difference and where the line in the sand should be drawn.
  14. ~NURTA~ New Member

Man oh man. The nostalgia just isn't in game it's on the forums too. I am loving this progression server thing. I didn't realize how much I missed EQ and the drama. No game has ever been as entertaining out of game as in it. I used to box back in the day; I don't have any issues with boxers. In fact I've grouped with a couple on ragefire and found the experience pleasant. I don't think you were suspended, not banned by the way, for boxxing. You were suspended b/c you appeared to be botting. There is a huge difference.

Please don't let this or any good thread die. This is great!
  15. Healiez Augur

I am on a very up to date PC with a better than most internet connections.

Using just generic/follow my background windows drop to about 30-40 FPS, and at time my toons will scatter in random directions.

I am convinced it has nothing to do with the PC and has to do with the old /follow code.
  16. Wandidar Elder

Devil's advocate question:

If you create the following macro to use when you pull:

/g Incoming one %T! Kill it before it kills me!

Are you not automating key strokes?
    Frenzic likes this.
  17. Arrk Augur

No, you're not... that is within the confines of the game.
    Hitting 1 key to send 6 different key strokes to 6 different clients is not within the confines of the game.
    UnnamedPlayer, Roguewiz and Gehlfein like this.
  18. Ragnard Elder

The problem is with how EQ chooses to use system resources when left to decide for itself. It's EQplaynice which fixes that issue, and that's packaged in WinEQ2, which does literally nothing to automate gameplay. The full screen window mode emulation is my main reason for using wineq2, but it's also convenient to be able to box with background chars that don't lag.

Try it if you don't believe me, there's a free version of WinEQ2 and there is nothing illegal what soever about the program or what it does.
  19. deeznuts New Member

lol
  20. Wyntyr Journeyman

Basically [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] allows command broadcasting between clients. Eve Online instituted a ban on use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], maybe the DB devs can check with the Eve devs and get some ideas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.