Unlock Polls on TLP in October

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tudadar, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Tudadar Augur

I wonder if the seasonal progression server that they wanted ( hinted at quarm ) was a 1-2 year progression server that ended after PoP and opened a fresh one.

Would be very popular IMO and give them consistent cash without having to deal with the inevitable fail of the server.

It could of had a chance to win the poll if they were more specific. Lots didnt want to risk voting seasonal then get stuck with some stupid server that lasts six months and is a race/contest to see who maxes tradeskills first or something.
  2. Zublak Augur

I skimmed through the thread, but I didn't see anyone note it. But does anyone or maybe a dev can respond, when will we know if the vote passed? I am assuming it'll be posted publicly, but sense this was more of a random pop up in game and nothing was officially stated. Really hoping it's not a log in at 12 a.m. PST and find out sort of thing.
  3. Zublak Augur

Figured maybe hitting reply to your post here will help get your attention. In my above post I was wondering when the vote results will be announced? It'd be nice to know what to expect come Nov 2nd. Thank you.
  4. lockjaws Augur

I've been told by our guild that Kunark is opening within 10 days, which is quite a bit earlier than expected and promised.
  5. Zublak Augur

Well, there's a vote. It's not official until we get the results, whenever that is.
  6. Simone Augur

I usually don't do OOT goblins. My main actually dinged 50 in Kedge Keep. Several different places to level up in.
    Agrippa likes this.
  7. Poydras Augur

Oh of course you don't. I should've guessed. And since those "different" places like kedge and the hole, and uh "etc", are totally not deathtraps for pug's, they are always full of groups asking for more, and hence everyone's experience can be just like yours. If they're willing to take 6 months to level up at least.
  8. Skipper Augur

No, it was like a 3 -4 month pig.
  9. Agrippa Augur

I specifically didn't rush to 50th level on every character slot because I wanted some characters to experience more than 5% of the content in Kunark, Velious, Luclin, and further expansions. I'm curious if all of the people claiming to be bored of classic are fully best in slot, maxed out tradeskills, maxed ally in all workable factions, etc. on even one character.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Endtime Elder

Yes.
  11. Simone Augur

The Hole can be tough yes but Kedge is cake. So long as your druid/shaman/enchanter/ranger is doing their job by keeping enduring breath cast on everyone it's a very easy zone to exp in. The mobs do not run and most of them have fairly low HP and the zone has one of the highest zone experience modifiers in the history of EverQuest which means that you'll gain more experience points per kill in this zone than you would elsewhere. There also a number of camps where you can get some very nice items so it's a zone I always highly recommended for groups and always enjoyed it quite well.

From my own experiences I have taken more deaths, had my group wipe, far more times in Lower Guk and Sol b than in Kedge Keep simply because a mob runs because it wasn't snared/rooted/etc. and lots of adds end up coming. If you have a group that can take keep up with zones like Lower Guk, Sol b and The Hole then Kedge Keep should be no problem for that group. It really is all about keeping enduring breath up on your party.
  12. Steampunk Augur

I bet you peek at birthday and Christmas presents, don't you?
  13. Zublak Augur

No sir. I'm a proactive person so I like to have an eta when things will happen so I can prepare accordingly.
  14. Zublak Augur

I lack 2 items from being fully best in slot. I have 1 piece for one of those items (quest in sky). I refuse to do any tradeskills aside from JCing on my chanter and Fletching on my Ranger. I've experienced everything in Classic multiple times. And I have no reason to faction grind.

Not everyone wants or needs to max out all tradeksills and all factions. I think a lot of people do not realize that everyone plays EQ for their own reasons. What one person does might not be what another person wants to do. I'm not sure if that makes sense to you.
  15. Agrippa Augur

*nods at Zublak and Simone*

Indeed, tradeskilling and faction grinding aren't for everyone, but can you honestly make the claim that you're bored of classic when you've barely scratched the surface of it? Did you even do your Treant Fists, for example? How many zones did you level in? Three? To each their own, but many of us picked Lockjaw because it was the server that wasn't supposed to rush everything. I just think that any that are claiming to be bored of classic are doing so because they choose to. It's certainly not from a lack of things to do or content.
    Lejaun likes this.
  16. Sutebun New Member

Look, I understand about trying to appreciate something and give it a chance before you throw your hands up and scream you're done. But your argument sucks.

This is a game. You shouldn't have to search for the fun and no one is "choosing" to be bored. They feel bored. Thus they are bored. Can they "honestly make the claim" they are bored? Yes, yes they can.

(Whether or not the decided/voted rules should be changed because some people are bored....that's an entirely different debate)
  17. Zublak Augur

I've done everything I wanted to do. This is not my first rodeo sir. I've leveled 10 50's (2 solo the others 2 boxing and 3 boxing) and am currently leveling a caster group to experience the ixboser side of things. That'll give me 6 more level 50's. Of all those toons I've done several quest along with various tradeskills for what I felt would be necessary for that particular class. I'm bored. Now what I could do is gather everyone's epic pieces that I can in classic, but I'm not to concerned with that right now. I have my primary 3 toons ready to move forward in Kunark, the rest are just kinda there when I'm bored. Hell I even rolled an Iksar SK on Ragefire a few weeks ago just to look at something different, he's level 6 =)