Unknown Gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Minoc, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Treesong Elder

I always wondered if I could still get the BFG since I still have the Seaworthy Planking on one of my characters. I know they disabled the Quest by taking out the groundspawn Seaworthy Planking, and changed the quest text from the gnome pirate that gave the quest, but the other two pieces still drop. Maybe you will still get the BFG when you hand in the three items, even if the quest text changed. Going to try this one time. Unfortunately I would have to level up a char on Errolisi Marr, since that is where my abandoned lowbie druid has the planking.
  2. Lighteningrod Augur

The last patch broke a lot of animations. The character transition from sitting to standing. The globes to click up to Lord Yelinak no longer bounce up and down. Arlixyr in Sol Ro Tower no longer hovers. Among others I've noticed.
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

Aye this is true. It also seems no model will animate initially after logging in or zoning in, until they move or attack or cast or play one cycle of their idle animations. Until then they sit there like statues. Turning animations seem kinda odd too.
  4. SpamFactory Augur

turn in NPC doesn't exist anymore
  5. SpamFactory Augur

yea there does seem to be some global problem with animations. I was in in plane of innovation last night and the various animated zone geometry all over the junkyard and factory were all stationary,
  6. Aanuvane Augur

EQ Items is dead and has been for years. They have not been updating their collector, therefore, it hasn't been updated since VoA?. I would LOVE it if someone would take it over and see if you could get the guy to let you fix the collector (and maintain it after every patch :D). EQ Traders ONLY interfaces with EQ Items for "automatic" item uploads....I've been entering all the new tradeskill items manually into EQ Traders since mid 2012. It looks like that last things uploaded to eq items happened in June 2012 :(
  7. Yther Augur

There were some uploads right before RoF release, but that wasn't too far after Jun 2012. Don't remember the exact dates, but I personally had some stuff upload in late Oct or early Nov 2012.

It is bummer that it hasn't worked for so long, but it's had long periods before, so I still hold out hope, he'll get some time to look into it.

Yther Ore.
  8. Edrick Augur

If there really are hundreds/thousands of unsolved quests, I think one of our wonderful developers should give us a hint pertaining to one of them so we can solve it, and solve more of Norrath's Unsolved Mysteries (TM). Maybe one hint every month or so. We can be Everquest archaeologists.
    Sita and Ishtass like this.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

Perhaps. The "newest items" stop on June 26 2012. I reached out to Kyle in October 2012 at which point he referred me to another thread that said he would not be fixing the eq items collector anymore. :(
  10. Tobynn Augur

Its a shame that EQItems was abandoned. That Guru Search is what set the site leaps and bounds ahead of all other items databases.