Undiscussed Major Flaw with Krono's Tokens -- F2P plat Cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gherig, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Boom!!

Problem solved in EQ2. I am positive this will also come to EQ1 then. No one was looking for a loophole, no one was looking for a freebie, What people were asking for was a way to participate in the new system so EVERYONE can make money. Looks like logic prevailed at SOE and problem solved.
  2. sula Augur

wow - wonderful- they actually listened to us!!
  3. sula Augur

now if they would just stop repoing lots in guild villages eq would be perfect. guess we can't have perfect.
  4. Vouivre Augur

Too bad that doesn't seem to apply yet to EQ1 and we don't get a lot of things that they get.
  5. Cakeny Augur

Krono is also being tested in EQ2 prior to being applied to other games.
  6. Vouivre Augur

Yes it is, but the point I was making is although Kronos will be given to us, the fact that they removed the plat cap on EQ2 is in no way a sign that it will be removed here as well. If you know anything about EQ2, you know that they have lots of things done for them that they won't do here.

Let's hope it does come here, but it likely won't.
  7. sula Augur

Coin Limit Will Be Removed for F2P Accounts2 hours 2 minutes ago by Cyliena

Starting November 13, 2012 (expansion launch ETA), Free and Silver members will no longer have a coin limit on their accounts! The introduction of the Krono brought to light how difficult it was for F2P players to purchase or sell Krono from other players. SOE listened and responded quickly; this change has been on the beta server as of two days ago. The full announcement is available after the jump.
    It's an exciting time in the world of Norrath! Beginning on November 13, 2012, there will no longer be coin restrictions for players with Free and Silver memberships!
    "We're always looking at ways to make sure our Free and Silver members are getting a good value now that we're Free to Play. Lifting the coin limitations is one way we're doing that," says Producer Holly "Windstalker" Longdale. "The launch of Krono is a really exciting feature for us, and we want to make sure all of our players will be able to participate in the program (buying, selling, and trading Krono in-game). After hearing that same desire expressed from the players directly, we knew it was the right time to make this change and remove the coin restriction."
    Free and Silver players had previously been limited to a certain amount of gold coin per character level. They will now be able to accumulate an unlimited amount of coin on each character.

this includes eq2
    Lighteningrod likes this.
  8. Cakeny Augur

We know it is for EQ2, but does it include EQ?
    Vouivre likes this.
  9. Tarrin Augur

I see no reason it wouldn't eventually filter down to EQ when Kronos are implemented. I don't see any EQ announcements concerning it though.
  10. Vouivre Augur

You mean like all the unlockers EQ2 has that EQ doesn't? There are lots of things that don't eventually get to EQ or that take 1+ years to do so.

So far there has been nothing said anywhere including this thread that implies it will happen in EQ. Just a lot of reposting information specific to EQ2.
  11. Tobynn Augur

EQ2 is the testing grounds. Don't expect they will make any announcements regarding EQ1 until such time as the system is set for deployment on EQ1.
    Vouivre likes this.
  12. Cakeny Augur

I think we don't have those unlockers due to how EQ is coded, not a design decision to exclude them.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Tarrin Augur

What unlockers does EQ2 receive that EQ1 doesn't, which are applicable? Just out of curiousity.
  14. Cakeny Augur

Equipment unlockers and spell unlockers.

They can unlock Legendary and Fabled equipment on a per item basis. They can also unlock Master level spells on a per spell basis. These are roughly analogous to Prestige items and Rank III spells.
  15. Vouivre Augur

I find it impossible to believe that such a thing like unlocking other ranks of spells is too difficult here in EQ. We don't have them because they choose not to do it, not because it isn't possible.
  16. Tarrin Augur

Seems like if they implemented unlocking prestige/rank 3 spells in EQ on a per item basis, people would just complain.

How much do they charge for that..50 sc or something?
  17. Vouivre Augur

I don't see a problem on a per item and per augment basis. Rank 2 and 3 spells should be far more costly though and/or a per level or level range basis.
  18. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

In EQ2 you buy a 5 pack of unlockers for 150SC, this allows you to unlock 5 items permanently regardless of quality. So the per unit price is 30SC.

This works out well for the casual player that only plays a few hours a week, when they find or buy an exceptional item they will use long term they can unlock it and move on to the next slot looking for long term upgrades.

When I dropped Station Pass back to just subbing EQ1, I still wanted to log into EQ2 from time to time. So I bought about 4000SC and unlocked alot of things that I had (Fabled Raid Gear) so I could pretty much keep my toon status quo at silver from where it was at Gold. Worked well since I only log into that character about once a month and the SC cost me $15 a year ago on DBL SC day and WalMart card.
  19. Tarrin Augur

I guess that makes more sense. Was mostly curious how it was implemented. Thanks!
  20. Cakeny Augur

For people at near end game gear or don't progress that quickly, the unlockers could be cheaper than a sub. Those getting regular upgrades would probably find a sub cheaper.