Undiscussed Major Flaw with Krono's Tokens -- F2P plat Cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gherig, Oct 29, 2012.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is precisely the kind of choice-based play I envision for a good F2P model. I play EQ2 as well as EQ1. I must carry a subscription in EQ1 to suit my playstyle. EQ1 simply does not have the unlocker selection of EQ2.
  2. Cakeny Augur

Who knows, new expansions might be coded to allow unlocking individual items ala EQ2.
  3. sula Augur

yes it is for both eq1 and eq2
  4. The Book Hermit New Member

Now they just have to get around making the F2P people buy broker credits in order to buy Kronos.....
  5. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

SWTOR just went FTP, and they have a very new method to bring unlocks into the game. When a person buys an unlock with Cartel Coins (EA's version of Station Cash) they get a token in inventory that is clickable and tradeable. You can chose to use that token yourself or give / sell it to anyone in game. Pretty much every unlocker in the game is like this.

What this does, for someone who is willing to spend REAL money, a reason to repeat buy items previously purchased, and then sell them ingame for ingame currency. This also brings those perpetual FTP player, who will NEVER drop a dime on the game, into the buying and selling process, thus tapping yet an additional revenue stream that would never participate in the first place. By supplying the player that will never buy ingame items for REAL money an avenue to gain unlocks, they also drive the market to continue to supply these items from people who are willing to spend REAL money. Everyone Wins !
    Lighteningrod likes this.
  6. Vouivre Augur

Where was it announced that it was for EQ1 as well? If it doesn't specifically mention EQ1 having it, then you shouldn't be posting it. If it does great, but otherwise it's just assumption.
  7. Nolrog Augur

It's reasonable to assume that if they removed the plat cap for EQ2 because of the Krono, they will remove it in EQ as well (it's for the same reason; to increase the consumer base for the Krono, thus giving people more incentive to buy them from SOE.)
  8. Vouivre Augur

Possible yes, but you know as well as everyone that we don't always get the intelligent decisions made here. Until it is announced it is literally just rumor.