Fixed Internally UI - Default UI Text Blinks when opening bags

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tendain, May 17, 2023.

1. Salben Journeyman

Don’t know if it’s UI related or just this broken patch in general. Since the patch I crash about 80% of the time when zoning my toons anywhere. My entire machine just locks up like it has no resources at all. Prior to zoning I’m using 34% CPU and 46% memory…can’t tell you what happens when I zone though because my whole PC fully freezes! Ryzen 9 3900x, 3060-TI 64gb RAM. I never locked up once while zoning like this prior to the patch!

Please for the love of everything holy, fix this disaster before the weekend!
  2. Ssdar Augur

This is still an issue after the hotfix for UIs that use a bank or inventory where you can see bag contents without opening the bags. There has been a longstanding issue (that has been ignored for years) where rendering too many item slots (because the bank window seems to be rendered 100% of the time in the background, same reason we have the green line issues with powersources in the bank) causes some bag slots to not render at all when you open all your bags and have too many slots rendered at once, but now when it hits an even lower slot limit than before it causes all items with a quantity to flicker like in the video. the obvious fix is "just don't use a bank with bag slots" but that is limiting the functionality of UIs some of us have grown quite accustomed to over the last 20 years.
  3. Ronnis)Xegony Journeyman

I started getting the equivalent of "mouse trails" last night where picking up items and moving them near certain areas that would only clear up after I zoned....

Clowns....monkeys.....you released a new UI with massive issues.....haven;t you learned anything in 24 years?
  4. Tendain Apprentice

Still cannot open the spellbook over the inventory window, cannot open bags over the inventory window, INFACT you cant open ANYTHING over the inventory tab OR THE WINDOW SELECTOR not a bag not anything.........
    Alt. currency tab font is still messed up, shroud tab font is still messed up, font in item selector is still messed up.

AND NOW WE CANT TARGET RAID PLAYERS IF IVU IS ON.

why on earth are you guys trying to fix things that have nothing to do with ingame chat lag, ingame chat lag is the ONLY thing you should have worked on this last patch instead of with the UI that wasent broken.
  5. Malbro Augur

I run a custom UI of a sorts, inventory, selector, chat and hotkeys with an overlay that make the UI look like the old default.

I haven't seen the flickering or white screens, but did have trouble with the mail button on the selector window. Drakah fixed his so I use that now.
  6. Ronnis)Xegony Journeyman

So glad we're hearing from the devs on these issues and It's great to see the REAL test crew out here offering solutions to EQ's screwup
  7. Fenanebae Terrwyn Lorekeeper

Its ridiculous honestly.
    But maybe if they actually listened to us we would not be having this mess of a UI problem.

It was only on TEST for 2 plus months and all these issues discussed there was still present on live push.

I guess I will play flickerquest.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

The issue where the default UI text blinks when opening bags should be fixed as of the latest update.
    Reminder to keep bug thread topics to a single issue per the bug reporting rules:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/