Twisted legion????

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bagel, May 28, 2015.

1. Gregolo Augur

It's easier to complain about us than it is to compete with us. The jealousy is palpable from 70% of these posts. Thank you for being a sane rational person.
    Frenzic likes this.
  2. Dark_Intentions Augur

As much as I want raids to be instanced, I agree here. I don't see instancing as solving anything, not when people have so many boxes and so many alts. An account lockout won't stop a boxer. It would have to be a lockout that affects all accounts owned by one person (which seems a little silly at that point).
  3. Osangar Journeyman

It's the intent under which they operate. They intend to dominate everything to deny others. You don't build a guild with several hundred members to do anything else. It's pretty clear to anyone who just steps back and opens their eyes. Their fun is denying others. They get off on having huge epeen.
  4. Gregolo Augur

Several hundred members? Please, if you count boxes, friends & family, etc.. that's still barely true.

Deny others? Only a byproduct of getting targets we want. We don't go out of our way to make sure you don't get yours.

Our fun is raiding and being the best. If that's something that you can't handle. Just chillax and bow out. Don't need to spread misinformation.

And my epeen is the grandest in all the lands.
    Frenzic likes this.
  5. Frenzic Augur

You like to repeat the same poor argument. Your solution to bring about more equal competition is to have us only bring 1/3 of our raid force to a target? How ridiculous your logic is.
  6. Frenzic Augur

Thank you Bumpkin, well put. I'd also like to point out that we don't engage in the crap talking while other guilds come in and train us, talk crap in public channels, try to open trade windows with our clerics, ninja loot and attempt to ninja loot our items.
  7. Frenzic Augur

Oh the Epeen, it's so huge! That must be why I get all the E-ladies.
  8. Banuvan Augur

If you had actually read any of my posts at all you would see what my solution is but TL won't ever engage in anything even resembling adult maturity or activity. Rules only apply when you guys want them to otherwise you remove any scrap of decency from your minds.

The same argument because not a single one of you has given an actual reasonable response to it. When your own words are used against you you divert the topic to something else.
  9. Ootax Augur

I find it funny how this is pretty much the same TL leadership/guild that was on Fippy and the amount of hate for them on this server is like 100x it was on Fippy. I'm guessing because Fippy guilds/players would actually try to compete with TL and even won some whereas on this server people pretty much want stuff handed to them w/o effort. Here you have just people whining about TL this, TL that but only a one or two other guilds want to actually try to compete with them. Yes they have a lot of members, but so do many other guilds, if those guilds can't get enough people on to compete then that's on them, don't blame TL because because other guilds can't match them...yet.
    Esper likes this.
  10. Frenzic Augur

Maybe I am confused then. What is your solution because all I've seen from you is whining about our high numbers.
  11. Banuvan Augur

The solution is actually very simple. Setup parameters of what constitutes having a raid force at a target. First one with an established raid force at a target and engages in a certain amount of time has first shot at the target. If a guild sets up 3 days in advance then so be it. The moment their numbers drop below the agreed upon number ( be reasonable. Putting it at like 70 people is unreasonable ) then the target is fair game again. You can also go further in depth with it and say that guilds can't mobilize prior to the target spawn window to prevent "poop-socking" ( sorry this word is brand new to me so it took me a bit to understand that it meant camping a raid target ).

If a target wipes the raid then it's fair game again. Many times I've watched new guilds wipe to targets and we rezzed them after we downed the target and said hey, nice job. maybe next time. Now check out the phat loots you missed out on! It was good fun.

Oh wait, it removes all semblence of "effort" and "competition"! Silly concepts being used to justify the ridiculous environment that has been fostered on the server and others in the past from how you guys talk.

Now, this takes maturity and acting like an adult so I don't expect any of you guys to even attempt to try something like this with each other. You guys are all about being the big cahoona and denying everybody every raid target simply because you can field more people than anybody else and the other guilds play into this mentality hook, line, and sinker.

That's how we did it on TM for many years and it worked. It gave motivated guilds an opportunity to snag mobs if they had the required amount of people at the mob for it to spawn and established guilds, like TL, could focus on the mobs that they specifically wanted/needed. It kept things civil while still providing the thrill of the race to get to raid targets first.

Yes, I raided just like you guys are but a much longer time ago. I've gotten the calls at 3 am saying login for X mob now. I understand the drive and want to kill the mobs. I can't stand the immaturity and stupidity with which you are all handling the situation when the solution is extremely simple.
  12. Eldrian Augur

This post is filled with so much fantasy it should have began with "Once upon a time..."
    Gregolo likes this.
  13. Sygny New Member

Wait wait don't dis my cat video's man.

The things that were done on Fippy are history, this is a new day and maybe TL, like the much maligned Ebonlore has turned over a new leaf. Shaa!
  14. Banuvan Augur

This is the exact mentality about why it will never happen. You guys are still stuck with an elementary school mentality and refuse to grow up. BTW,

Once upon a time there was a server called Tarew Marr that actually did work this way for many years after this same type of drama that is happening on Ragefire was running rampant.
  15. Sabbon Journeyman

Zerg? Word on the street is Twisted Legacy beat both Roi/False Prophecy in Kedge when Phinny Spawned with 13 people vs 45 FP/RoI. One streamer (manvaril sp?) even showed the raid leader absolutely dumbfounded on what just happened. They started blaming it on chain harm touches until someone pointed out that TL had no shadow knights.
    Gregolo and Frenzic like this.
  16. Frenzic Augur

You do realize that we prefer mobilizing right? We have trackers that call targets and we then move and kill. We didn't start the socking until other guilds started it. We obviously can't mobilize to a target if the other guild is sitting there waiting. Now that other guilds have started the socking, we will be prepared when each window opens.

You want us to put in an artificial claim system for raid targets. Somehow you think this is less complicated than the built in claim system of which raid does more damage... The only reason you have this suggestion is because you believe it will help guilds beat us. Our numbers aren't the only reason we win. We also win because we mobilize faster than anyone else. Check the logs for which players appear at raid targets first, you will see the same guys over and over.

We don't plan on any welfare raiding so best bring your A game Ragefire.
  17. Frenzic Augur

I demand to know who you are in game! I've read two of your comments and they have both been brilliant! Well done sir.
  18. Scyclone Lorekeeper

May want to correct that a bit since that is largely inaccurate. I won't deny that TL beat us on that, they did, but for what was discussed on the raid is quite different.

Manvaril isn't one of our raid leaders, but is one of our clerics in the guild and was present in that raid, yes. That said, your discussion of chain harm touches was actually us coordinating our own harm touches. We intended on HTing at 40% to quickly prevent the RoI memory blur that was about to happen.

We were, however, quite concerned about the mage/wizard volley that TL was going to fire off on the boss. With that in mind, we were switching our priority to just HTing as soon as the boss spawned in order to avoid the TL group from chunking in 40-50% of the bosses health in one go.

Everything was all set, we were all ready to kick some as soon as the boss spawned in the middle.... and then the boss spawned to the side and literally threw us all for a loop. Our team speak went kind of crazy as soon as that happened and even though I was spamming my target macro, the boss was already at 60% health before my screen even began to render him. We fired some (not all of our HTs), RoI's memory blur went off, TLs volley killed it dead. The boss was existant for a total of 9 seconds, rendered for only 4-5 seconds.

Not making up excuses, we lost to TL, we admit that. But if you guys are going to kick us around, at least be accurate with the information please. In either case, we have nothing to blame but ourselves for not anticipating the boss spawning where he did. Given that 'competition' in this type of environment results to whoever can hit a button the fastest, our reaction speed was slower as a result.

-Azureblast, Recruitment Officer of False Prophecy
  19. Banuvan Augur

Mobilization is a key part of what I posted. I know exactly how it works as I used to run 3 accounts on 3 rigs with rangers in multiple PoP zones to track for raid targets. I even had my wife in on it and watching them while I was at work and she could give the bat signal when stuff popped. This was in addition to my actual gaming right with my character on it.

As the top guild on the server people will follow your example. If they don't then you get with the guilds that do want to act like mature adults and completely deny those guilds every single target until they give in. I've seen it done and it works. Hell, you wouldn't even have to get other guilds help because at that point even I would agree that said shithead guild needs to be wrecked until they fall in line with the established agreement.

It's not complicated unless you make it complicated. I haven't said a word about it helping somebody beat you. You are saying that not me. What i'm saying is it would eliminate all this stupidity that is happening on the server. They key part of what i said is mobilization.

Again, I never expect a group of people like you guys who still think like children to ever even try to do something like this. For some reason you guys can't grow up. One person online I was talking to earlier said it's the internet. Another typical response trying to justify being a .

Oh btw, GM's on TM let us figure this out and all the top guild leaders got together and set these rules down and enforced them. GM's backed them up and made sure the rules the players made were enforced because they worked to get rid of the stupidity that was the raiding scene at the time.

The fact you took it personal thinking that this is an idea spawned only to see you beat is a clear indication you can't look past yourself. It's prevalent with almost every TL member that I speak to regularly in game.

BTW, an example of how we had it setup to make it as simplistic as possible would look like this.

Naggy spawn timer says he's due at 12 pm 17 Jun. Guilds could start camping him anytime in the +/- of his supposed spawn time. We had to have a minimum of 5 groups there to claim the spawn.

It's that simple bud. Nothing complicated about it at all. You can be damn sure that there were other guilds with trackers and people sitting right next to us to watch and see if we wiped on FG's or Naggy. Granted. this was back in the day of CR's as well so if you wiped you weren't mobilizing again that quickly like you can today.
  20. Gregolo Augur

Actually happened. That's why when we do actually zerg (aka. fill a raid to you people) we're unbeatable super-friends with powers and stuff.