True Box what a failure

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arkonik, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The solution is extremely clear, has been implemented for raid encounters already, and created the most healthy guild population across multiple eras of a TLP server seen in the history of Everquest. Neither Truebox, nor boxing, was ever the problem.

There's a reason why the "casuals shouldn't be allowed to fight Nagafen...that diminishes the achievements of others" nonsense went right out the window. This entire twisted mentality about being able to hoard enjoyment over others is the problem.
    Tymeless likes this.
  2. MileyVyrus Elder

making rare mobs uncharmabIe is a super good idea

DEV!
  3. ShivanAngel Augur

You ran around unrest with LFG on....

Never thought to yourself, maybe ill make a group with all these LFG players....

grumble grumble somthing about hand holding and wanted everything done for you grumble...
  4. Kazz99 Elder

They absolutely need to investigate.... playing devils advocate here... if they did not then there is nothing to stop some jerk from creating a video showing botting on their private eqemu server..... complete with names and guild tags etc.... I can see why people complain about botting (I do not condone it either).... but most of the "proof" I have seen show multi-boxing, not botting... multi-boxing is 100% allowed. So think a bit before you claim... this is easy... just do x y z.... because you may get what you wished for.... and realize it was a bad bad idea....

-- edit... oh, and I do agree... the investigation should probably start with the server logs... but an AFK check also does not hurt. It just may not be the best barometer and definately should not be the sole barometer... (and likely is not). It is just the only one visible to the player base....
  5. Thygrym Elder

Not that hard to do... removed the /follow ability for one. That alone would stop most from boxing. If DBG would enforce their own rules against using certain 3rd party programs.. that would do a lot to end it (and the botting) as well. There are plenty of things they could do to put a stop to a lot of these issues that would require very little time.
  6. Kazz99 Elder

Again, BOXING is 100% legit.... this would ONLY hurt folks boxing.... and folks that have to afk on a dungeon crawl or a raid for a minute.... etc... dumb idea.
  7. MileyVyrus Elder

removing /foIIow punishes the 99% foIIowing the ruIes, singIe pIayers as weII as boxers

the botters just /stick

DBG has 0 interest in stopping 'boxing', ever
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow. That's a long way to go to create a fake report on botters.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why even bother with /stick when you can just warp around the zone.

Remove /follow or /stick won't matter at this point.