Fixed Tradeskill Experimentation Issue

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Chitiwok, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Chitiwok Journeyman

Category: Tradeskills [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Wed Aug 17 15:51:08 2022

Character: Level 120 Monk (Main)
    Zone: The Plane of Knowledge

Description: The recipe for "Breaded Storm Salmon" (1 Storm Salmon, 1 Bread Crumbs, 1 Garnish, 1 Jug of Sauces) produces and learns as "Storm Salmon Fillet," which requires 1 Storm Salmon + 1 Jug of Sauces
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Is this on test server? Test will be corrected after the true-up. Forum is for live bugs.
  3. Fezzelwhiq New Member

When trying to combine the following, File, Rhenium Ore, Smithy Hammer, to create, Rhenium Fill, a component needed to Craft an Intricate Sap there is a failure. Instead of crafting the, Rhenium Fill, and returning the file and smithy Hammer, it yields, Rhenium barbs and returns the file, but it consumes the smithy hammer. I had to buy several smithy hammers to try the recipe again, but it happens every time. This result is incorrect. It should yield the Rhenium Fill, and return the file and Smithy Hammer.
    Koshk and Drewie like this.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

So the bug is actually on the Rhenium Fill recipe?
  5. Aanuvane Augur

I just tested this on Povar.

If I experiment, manually place the items in the forge, I get Rhenium Barbs and lose the smithy hammer as Fezzelwhiq described.

If I use my previously learned recipe by selecting it in the UI, it works just fine. I get Rhenium Fill instead and my smithy hammer is correctly returned.

I get the same results with Cobalt Ore and Cobalt Fill. If I experiment, I get Barbs and lose the hammer. if I use the known recipe in the UI, it works.

Ditto with Scorched, tantalum, vanadium and titanium.
    Fezzelwhiq likes this.
  6. Lenwuxx New Member

Working JC in WFP did a short run of combines, moved to do gold malachite but wont let me. Gives me message Searching favorite recipes. Logged out all the way, zoned, destroyed bag bought new one....Still unable to do combines

Lenwu
    Yelinak Server
    hikarishinji likes this.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Yeah don't report another recipe for an issue on a non-related sub-combine.

https://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=31407&menustr=035000000000
    It looks like one of the TS bugs from test may have made it to live. A combine failure should not yield the item you are trying to make, but return the tools used. A failure should be returning smithy hammer instead of a barb.
    Fezzelwhiq likes this.
  8. Lenwuxx New Member

Also went to the Kiln and able to do combines there,but still no jewelers kit.:mad:
  9. Aanuvane Augur

You should be able to buy Intricate Weapon Smithing to learn this recipe without experimenting and then use the UI to search/make the recipe?

Edit: apparently not. You do learn the fill recipe for the higher items through scribing the books, but not intricate. Sorry.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

I don't think these are failures returning the wrong item. As I described - if I use the UI it works just fine. If I experiment it doesn't. Additionally, I can confirm that during experimenting for Vanadium, I DID fail and I received the message "You lacked the skills to fashion Vanadium Barbs"...
  11. Fezzelwhiq New Member

Yes its the Rhenium Fill recipe.
  12. Fezzelwhiq New Member

Yes, it's not a failure, it's a bug. I can't make the sap without the Rhenium Fill.
  13. Fezzelwhiq New Member

I have found another recipe bug with Fletching. I was trying to craft an, Intricate Mace.
    Combining, 3 Knot Measuring String, Ashwood Bowstave, Fine Silk, Planing Tool, in a fletching kit and instead of getting, Intricate Short Haft, and the Planing Tool(1), 3 Knot Measuring String(1) I just get 4 knot measuring string and nothing else. I tried multiple times with the same result each time.

If this helps, it's Trivial at: 184 and my skill level is 228, It did not say it failed in the text. It just says that I fashioned the items to create something new 4 knot measuring string. I did the combine in standard Fletching Kit.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

This boils down to "issues with TS recipe combines", it would be better to have all the recipe issues in one thread so all the information is in one place if they have to end up hunting these down one by one.
  15. Fezzelwhiq New Member

I read that each bug should be in a new thread. I guess I read wrong. Sorry about that.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

You said failure in your OP so it read like you were saying you lose the hammer on a failed combine. Yes you cannot continue to the recipe that uses the Fill, but the Fill recipe is standalone and that is the one thats not coming out. They need to look at the Fill recipe, not the Sap recipe (though it sounds like theres a "off by one" bit error for any TS combines so its likely you wouldnt get the Sap on combine either once you have the Filll).

You wouldnt go to your mechanic and tell them you cant start your car up, when you are locked out.
    Fezzelwhiq likes this.
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

TS issues from test were not completely corrected and leaked over.
    If you have the recipe learned already dont manually combine.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/intricate-sap-recipe-bug.284986/#post-4160537
  18. Soulbanshee Augur

If you have the recipe learned already, dont manually combine.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/intricate-sap-recipe-bug.284986/#post-4160537
  19. Fezzelwhiq New Member

I understand. I'm new to posting, Thank you for the clarification. I'll keep it in mind for future posts.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. Soulbanshee Augur

In a general sense yes unrelated bugs should each have their own thread, but in this case its a failure of the whole TS system that came over from test (was reported as fixed for live but here we are).