tol is a dissapointment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mblache, Dec 12, 2021.

1. mblache New Member

The experience and loot in TOL is horrible. GD is full because we are better off grinding there than in the new zones. something needs to be done. why bother playing if you spend an hour in a zone for nothing?
    KarmaKitty, Aenvar and Duder like this.
  2. Angahran Augur

Don't you enjoy 25-30 mobs to a % and gear that's only for useful if you don't have any raid gear ?
    Or is required 120 so no help :(
    Knighted likes this.
  3. Gorg00 Augur

VT is better experience than GD unless you have awful DPS.
    Cuuthbert, Pano and Fenthen like this.
  4. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

115 to 120 in 1.5 days all inside the new expansion ... yup thats awful exp.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Finish hunter and collections and let me know if you arent 120 yet.
    Wdor, Ronwe, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

How many overseers did you buy ? how many potions ? how many collections did you have saved ?

25 mobs to a % IS awful xp.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Aren't these mostly just recycled comments from ToV and CoV? It would seem to be the new normal.
  8. zleski Augur

Your expectations of how fast levelling should go were really not in line with reality.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We have to be patient with the 'New Member' (profile created 20 November 2021). EQ1 is a tougher game; it will require time for him to adjust.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

My professional review gives ToL a very solid, satisfactory. It meets expectations.
  11. Tappin Augur

Take forever doesn’t equate to hard and purchasing stuff from the cash shop clearly isn’t hard. Oh and I thought overseers wasn’t p2w…
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Tappin, you can go ahead and stop with your "overseer is pay to win" crusade.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How many Overseers do you think he bought, in A DAY AND A HALF?

LOL
    Coagagin likes this.
  14. Windance Augur

I'm fairly disappointed as well. I spent 12 hours today with a full group and did all the ME and UP merc/partisan and was very disappointed at the XP rates. Went from about 20% in to around 80%.

I think the 16% xp rewards for the achievements needs to be boosted to about 22%.

The ME quests were designed to scale well for a group. The UP quests just felt like they dragged on forever. Especially the one where you are looking for 3x of the fallen guys skulls for each member of the group.

Really worried about how many of my guild members are going to say the risk vs reward is just not worth it and poof.
    sdeco likes this.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Honestly, I agree. I appreciate the bonus XP from the achievements, but I shouldn't have to finish the expansion just to finish leveling, especially when every piece of gear that drops is 120 required.

What's so wrong with options? Why is it that every expansion is either mob grind OR achievement grind OR quest grind?
    Aenvar and Eldur like this.
  16. Yimin Augur

I love to see a pay to play server on EQ ! I got cash and not as much time to play any more ...

YiMin

PS I am on FV , FV is not pay to play BTW
  17. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

0 potions, 0 collections saved, 2 sets overseer completed at the 12 hour point, i never buy fast completion.
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I like the way the xp is handled to a point. I also like the mobs with a lot of hp's. It makes fighting better IMO.

Yeah the xp is lousy when grinding, but we have 2 years at level 120. So I'm not in a big hurry to reach it. But I will reach it in January sometime, with both of my mages. My AA's will max out soon after that. So I'll find things to do other than xp hunting, there is more too EQ than xp.
    Wdor, Kaenneth and Shindius like this.
  19. Fian Augur

Part of the reason to push to 120 is so you can get your AA fixed to work with your new spells. But regardless, the fact that mass killing isn't a viable strategy to leveling is a bad change that was started with TOV.
    Wdor, Naugrin, Aenvar and 3 others like this.
  20. Gorg00 Augur

The third or fourth person on my server to hit 120 did so through grinding + 4 Heros.