TLP True Box Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ginix, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Ginix Augur

This limited boxing server/instance TLP server is the best server ever, and the reason I'm playing again. Thanks for making the game more social and enjoyable! Keep up the good work Daybreak!!
    Kothar, Rhiyannon and Soon like this.
  2. Porterz73 Augur

I agree, I think giving people the choice to join a server with limited boxing and no mercs is great for those who enjoy the social aspect of the game.

It's great as a player being able to choose a server which best fits preferred play style . Every server rule set has its problems but I'm sure most can find at least 1 that's a good fit. The only thing I would change on phini is the Krono, if that was gone there it would lose many of those that play to pay the rent. Ohhhh well can't have everything.
  3. Sheaffer Augur

I am thoroughly enjoying Phini myself! The true box was a great idea.
  4. tentimes Elder

There is a guy right now in OOT running 8 characters (like Ihealbut Ikickbit etc) and there is no way he has 8 separate keyboards and computers etc. People are scamming the system and bypassing the launcher to run ISBoxers and get all the phat lewt for Krono.

So, no, it is not great and we are being scammed by people like the guy above who currently hold down all the openworld loot and sell it for RMT.
  5. Venthos Augur

OOT has "openworld loot" to sell for RMT that boxers are taking? What? I guess you mean the ancient cyclops? That guy is camped almost all the time anyway and does not require boxing to camp. Plus, if you really want JBoots you should camp him in South Ro where the spawn cycle is 100% figured out and trivial for anyone L35+ to camp with virtually no effort.

I'm pretty sure the only group consistently "hold down all the openworld loot" are AoS, and (to my knowledge) they aren't all played by a single boxer team...

What? Do you even know how EQ works? "Bypassing the launcher" is not some elite h4x0r tactic. It was even posted widely back during one of the recent DDOS attacks as a way to try and increase your chances of logging in (by not relying upon connecting to the patch server). All bypassing the launcher does is bypass the patch mechanism. The launcher has zero security features in it that would "detect hacks" much less attempt to detect IS Boxer or other 3rd party software. The game itself would do that. If you have proof someone is using IS Boxer or any other 3rd party software, report them.

You seem to be so very confused by so many things. I just want to pat your head and whisper "it's gonna be okay".
  6. tentimes Elder

They sell loot rights for Krono on the AC.

As for bypassing the launcher, it is the launcher at present that stops you making multiple logins from the same computer. Try it and you will see. If you bypass the launcher you can have as many characters as you want (on different accounts) running off the one computer. Which is what I assert this guy is doing, unless he is some kind of octopus and can use 8 keyboards and mice at the same time and has 8 computers under his desk.

It's people like you who provide cover for the cheaters that make me really sick.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Funny thing - I just tried that with a "patchme" eqgame.exe shortcut... my second account won't log onto Phinigel at the same time.

It lets me log in to the point where I'm selecting a server, and I can log that account onto ANOTHER server just fine - but the minute I want both on this machine on Phin, it's giving me an error.

More than likely he's not using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] but a version of KVM that isn't detected - many KVMs are but not all are. Most phsyical KVMs for example aren't. Or using a wireless keyboard with cloned adapters on multiple machines.

But guess what, if what you're saying IS valid - GMs will be by for him after a while if you reported him via appropriate channels. It's not IMPOSSIBLE he's boxing with a daisy chain of keyboards though legitimately and only really focusing on a few - then just turning hitting 1 on a bunch of other keyboards a sec at the start of each fight. (Or even autofire keyboards that hit "1" themselves every so often on a timer - which is legitimate IF attended) Remember the server is not "NoBox" it's "True Box" - there's a purity test the GMs can do on them if there's any doubt, once they respond. For the record I personally have yet to see someone that I was confident was using some form of bot software.
  8. Dither New Member

@tentimes -- sorry, you are wrong. If you log in multiple accounts (by by-passing the launcher) they all get disconnected once you get past character select. You can have as many accounts sitting at character select as you want though!
  9. yerm Augur

[IMG]
    Venthos likes this.
  10. Venthos Augur

So, no, you still don't understand how the game works. You can *not* box on Phinigel on the same physical computer if you bypass the launcher. Not only would the launcher being the "gatekeeper" for this logic be unintuitive, but it would be pure insanity from a development perspective to rely on the launcher to enforce anything. I guarantee you that "skipping the patcher" does not permit boxing on the same physical computer nor does it permit anything special other than attempting to login to the server without patching your files. Vaclav even confirmed it for you right now. Not patching your files provides no "edge" either, as you would fail to connect with an out-of-date installation.

It's amusing because you prop yourself up as if you actually know what you're talking about, when everything you've stated on this topic is demonstrably incorrect.
  11. Whizbang New Member

Someone I grouped with that was boxing told me he was using VM's to get multiple instances on 1 computer (has 3 physical computers for each login, but keeps 2 of them in another room, and somehow uses VM's to get them on 1 screen). I've never tried or even know what that means fully, just throwing it in for discussion.
  12. Vaclav Augur

There's a few types of VMs - "standard" ones don't work - but there are some like those that let you broadcast a PC to a Tablet/Phone that I've heard of people having success with. They're not VMs in the standard sense though.
  13. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I reported that guy a looong time ago when he was a newb in Qeynos ... and they're still around. /shrug
  14. Crezkor New Member

The haterade and ignorance is strong in this one...
  15. Vaclav Augur

Oh I've seen that guy before - seems pretty obviously (poorly) boxed manually - was seeing reactions spread out, not all casting at the same time - like a daisy chain. At least the handful of times I saw him early on. (Again, newb levels in Qey as you mentioned - as dual Erudites I pass through often when I O)
  16. Rhiyannon Augur

I've not seen the guy, so wont comment on if he's cheating or not... but 8 would be painful lol.

I'm very happy to be on a server where boxing is limited, if you can box the old way and manage more than 2 I'm happy for yah.
  17. Miss Shortcake Elder

Almost every single huge box group I've run into so far has been on seafury island. I spent about an hour training one with elite goblins and never got more than a couple messages in very, very broken english. Clearly a legit player who isn't trying to earn krono to sell, just someone who needs a lot of jboots okay.
  18. Venthos Augur

I like how we got from "Hackers are bypassing the launcher to multi-box with IS Boxer!" to "This guy actually runs multiple physical computers and then sends their display output to his main screen using 3rd party software". You're moving those goal posts around at lightning speed to try an maintain that you are somehow validated.

Regarding that method, it may or may not break DBG rules depending on precisely how he's doing it. I haven't seen anything from DBG that dictates you must use a unique physical monitor per boxed character. They have made it clear that you must have unique physical keyboards (by nature of not having anything duplicate keypresses to other machines).

A very low tech/simplified description of what he's doing is essentially having X amount of physical computers and then using Remote Desktop in a shrunk small window for each of his boxes so he can see them all from his main screen, but then still having to use separate keyboards for each toon. The only advantage such a setup has is not requiring you look at separate monitors. If DBG is going to consider generic screen replication/viewing software as 3rd party software that violates the terms, then that's pretty scary.

None of the above involves or requires VMs, in fact it's been proven that DBG's VM detection is fairly decent and results in auto-bans for attempting to play on a VM. You seem to know a few technical terms, but wildly misunderstand what they mean and just use them anyway in anger.

Now if, in addition to the above, he has any mechanism (software or hardware) that is duplicating or sending keypresses to those other machines, that's where it's a proven violation of True Box rules. I don't *think* the mere use of screen replication software would violate true box, but I don't see anything to clearly confirm or deny this.

All said and done, I would prefer if these folks didn't box as much as they did. I don't box. The less boxers on Phinigel, the more enjoyable my experience seems to be. I also don't care if people box within the confines of True Box's rules. However, when you spurt out garbage claims like suggesting anyone who skips the patcher is a hacker, expect someone to assist in the clarification of your misunderstanding.
  19. Porterz73 Augur

If the worst example of cheating someone can come up with is some guy is 8 boxing an open world zone and does not seem to be particularly good at it then I'm pretty happy with Phini.

In the past (pre Merc days). A friend of mine and I would both 3 box to form a full group of 6. I had 3 separate machines for each instance and so did my friend. It would not be that hard to run 4 each but a full group was 6 so we don't bother plus I found running the 3 was about as much space as I had on my desk... The point is it wouldn't be too hard for 2 people to run 8 characters and still be perfectly legal.

Even if the odd person finds a work around there is still way way less bot armies than any other server and those clever cheaters risk being banned if caught.
  20. Iyvy Augur

Watching the two or so lumbering box armies I've seen has been most amusing, good to be rid of the mage armies.