Tight Spaces, Short Repop, Large Assist Range...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rouan, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Rouan Augur

And you thought it'd be fun to stick some sort of knock back on the kobold named?

o_O

Sadists.
  2. Ishtass Augur

You talking about original poHate right?

SolB? haha
  3. Rouan Augur

Sol B.

Kobold Champion and Kobold King both have some form of knockback. Need to clear like a 50 yard radius in like 5 minutes to do 'em without adds (without being a full group of 100s killing for lvl 90 gear).
  4. Sebbina Augur

I did the OMM naggy lair, and have not even considered doing this revamp, and as far as mistmoor, the mobs there are in many cases far too close together- will be three weeks of other tasks for me. I don't believe in the no win scenario.
  5. Stubar Augur

Mistmoor trains were legendary back in the day. The thought of hunting at the zone in brings on an urge to assume the fetal position.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Caudyr like this.
  6. Caudyr Augur

It's right up there with KC's trains back in the day. "Train to Dreadlands!" "WHICH SIDE?!" --- "TRAIN TO KC!" "WHICH SIDE?!" followed by: YOU SAID THIS SIDE BUT IT WENT TO OUR SIDE INSTEAD!
  7. Pirouette Augur

By "some sort of knockback" does it happen to be called Banishment, or function similarly to King Thex's "Banishment" from Permafrost? (Pushes you back constantly until you reach a certain range away from him)
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

I have had so much fun in these zones! They certainly aren't easy, but far from impossible.

I enjoy stepping away from the easy-mode EQ has become in recent years.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Kurayami Augur

I agree, went to what I thought looked like a relatively safe spot, to kill the mob right there, only to have 4-5 more join in on the fun. Managed to kill them, then start pulling some. Had to fight only in a certain spot, especially when a train of 30-40 assorted vampires/familiars walked on by. The feeling of oh #%#% of the old days came back for a bit :) And of course the feeling of %#%# you and #%#% this zone and @##%# .............. when the trains do actually connect....

Still, enjoyable, reminds me a lot of the days fighting in oasis of marr, where I would strafe in circles around whatever I was tanking to keep an eye out for adds/sand giants, having to reposition quickly, etceteras. Bring some dps for The Stone Guardian if you are after the possessed aug by the way, that shielding of his can make the fight last 10-15 mins if your dps isn't higher than the threshold, lol.

I actually did this for a few hours last night, got the first 2 possessed stone fragments on the server for myself, and ....... a 45 pally twink I just started working on a few days ago, lol.
  10. Rainbowdash Augur

Haha aye. I can't tell you how much fun i had moloing Efreeti Lord. Orrrr the 15 back to back mob auto-pull. Or the named imp when he aggroed on a two mob pull. Haha. It's great!
  11. Jonny Panic Augur

I'm avoiding these altogether. The zones were created when roamers and adds were a fact of life; now that the game is so much more punishing and tuned for groups to often get singles with ease, going here will be suicide. No joke.
  12. Edrick Augur

The named are pretty solid too. I can take on most T4/T3 ROF named as a paladin and shaman without too much problem unless they have a special ability that mezzes/fears a character. I haven't been able to kill any named in SolB yet though. The new kobold noble one-shots my wizard merc. I tremble in fear thinking about Tranix or Skarlon.
  13. Cakvala Augur

"Hardcore Heritage" yes
  14. Liliana Augur

Any tips/hints for clearing some of the castle rooms? Looking to camp Davissi for drums/lute and can't find a good safe spot anywhere near by... Would also like to hit up Fallen Noble. I've killed myself quite a few times trying to get creative, but just keep training myself. Every spot seems to be 3-4 mobs auto aggro
  15. Caudyr Augur

Well, you have a bard and monk...I'd think you should be able to split them with ease...that's basically what I was gonna suggest, heh.

Either that or recruit an enchanter or something to hold down mobs that you pull while you kill them. :p
  16. Liliana Augur

Splitting is ok, the camp spot is the problem, respawn is pretty quick and there doesn't look to be any real safe spots with no spawns inside. I'm basically just chain training myself with aggro on respawns
  17. Caudyr Augur

Ah, well...can't help you there, heh. :p
  18. Ceii New Member

Its all very doable with an enchanter. I wish more zones were like this. Only problem is many people have considered enchanters a waste of a group spot for years now, so there aren't very many enchanters.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  19. Liliana Augur

Really wishing I had leveled my chanter from 90 to 100 last double exp. they just don't make zones like these anymore. Can't remember last time I'd rather have a chanter than bard :p
    Mykaylla likes this.
  20. Kurayami Augur

Hi Liliana, I did locate a safe spot for the Noble camp (if we are talking the heroic dex aug). It has a radius of about 5 feet.... But just outside the door, the door opposite of the gargoyles/towards maid issis/butler, there is a tiny little safe spot where nothing will agro against the wall opposite the door there. It isn't much, but it is something!
    Liliana likes this.