Thylex of Veeshan needs MoTM

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GrugSA, May 25, 2016.

1. yukan Augur

If they intentionally made Vulak's timer from respawning so quickly because of the quality of loot it would be one thing. However, that isn't the case. It seems like a glitch in the system. Since the event is triggered, the trigger mob has no MOTM, and therefor has no decreased respawn time. Tunare needs to be fixed too.
  2. Drakyria Lorekeeper

I could see this being intentional due to loot quality or unintentional due to oversight. It would be interesting to read Prathun's take on the matter.
  3. Lebyen New Member

I wonder and it's obviously a long shot, would it have something to do with the fact scripts have been changed on live from the orginal spawn to the ring event (back then it was to "encourage" raid guilds to farm SoL despite the loot being far worse) and back again to the normal spawn cycle or script or whatever you want to call it. On top of that you have the instances which we know in the past with naggy and vox was a fairly rocky start as well.
  4. Prathun Developer

Unintentional due to oversight.
    Thylex's spawn, which is effectively the respawn time for Vulak, is not a standard spawn timer. It's handled on a custom controller script that runs periodically on the zone. The script did not take into account the quicker respawn that progression server bosses tend to have. This has been changed. I also added the MotM buff to Thylex as a visual indicator that it behaves differently on progression servers, though under the hood the buff doesn't actually affect its spawn rate. Thanks for pointing this out.

Edit: Standard disclaimer - This change was made internally. It has not yet been peer tested. It has not been pushed out to Live servers. This particular change can be hotfixed and we can look into that possibility.
    Lonye likes this.
  5. Lonye Augur

Can you look into Plane of Mischief quest armor NPCs if you have a moment? We'd love to be able to farm armor pieces!
  6. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Is this live now, or will require an update?
  7. Tunare Lorekeeper

I do not need to be fixed! TYVM!
  8. Drakyria Lorekeeper

You need to be fixed. ;) I need your earring!
  9. yukan Augur

Prathun, will Tunare's spawn time be fixed too? Or just Thylex? It's the exact same thing, also a triggered mob.
  10. Extra Extra Lorekeeper

Tunare's spawn time is already reduced, tunare/PD were on the same timer that was a week long timer before thats now been reduced to 3 days and change, same as PD had. Also tunare isnt a triggered mob, shes a normal spawn.
    Prathun likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

Extra Extra speaks the extra truth. Tunare in the tree spawns 2x as fast, on average, on progression servers. Attacking Tunare in the tree triggers the spawn of Tunare in the forest.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  12. Ducreux Augur

The heck are you doing awake at this time of night! This is the time when we post stuff and wait for RadarX/Roshen to wake up and delete it.
  13. Iila Augur

West coast best coast. He's only posting at 11:40pm. You've gotta wait till 1am or 2am pst to avoid late night modding.
  14. Realitycheck Elder

Well...
    Prathun likes this.
  15. lolly Elder

the only MotM I know of is Man of the Match - surely it cant be that? so what DOES it mean??
  16. Ducreux Augur

Malcolm of the Middle
    Aenoan and Menthas like this.
  17. Prathun Developer

Man of la Mancha? the Mancha. I don't know.
  18. Menthas Journeyman

How did this not get more likes?
    Prathun likes this.