Three friends looking for guild Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fabbyo74, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Fabbyo74 New Member

Hey there guys and Gals me and two other friends have gone all access after getting our feel back on FV server , We are looking to join a guild on Phinny that we can grow in that has voice chat and is active , we would be starting fresh tank healer and dps not sure which as of yet other then to say cleric for healer. If any guilds on serve wouldn't mind accepting three guys from the old game 99-05 period we would like to meet some people and enjoy the ride , please let me know if you would accept us thanks.
  2. joem83 New Member

The Broken Wave is recruiting! If you guys are interested in raiding from 8-12 PST we'd be happy to have ya once you're leveled up.

www.broken-wave.com
  3. Clive Journeyman

4. Rovell Elder

Hi Fabbyo74, check out Resolute: www.EQResolute.com - we're a guild with a very spouse-friendly raiding schedule; we currently raid just two days a week (Thursdays and Sundays). The other days we're playing alts, helping people with epics, levels, etc. What's most important to our guild is our community and culture.

Hit me up on Rovell in-game if you have any questions or seek out Kushiel, one of our officers.
  5. Gugagan Lorekeeper

6. bodes Augur

7. Lariza Journeyman

HI Fabbyo! Last of the Ancients is always looking for good people! We are a fun group and would love to have you. Check out LastOfTheAncients.enjin.com if you are looking for something Casual and fun on Mondays Tuesdays and Saturdays!
  8. Ryak Augur

If you are looking for a guild who clears everything in era on a casual schedule and, more importantly, has an unparalleled reputation, check out Mendacium at http://mendaciumeq.enjin.com/

I think this anecdote says it all. We were killing some SK epic mob in City of Mist and the random people EXPing in the zone said in /ooc something to the effect of "Hey it's that guild who doesn't use exploits to kill the dragons".
  9. bodes Augur

13 guilds have killed Vulak and assuming that only EOE was exploiting that leaves 12 who meet that criteria. A better anecodate would be "Hey it's that guild who doesn't use exploits and casually takes an entire month to clear NTOV" for him to find out if it's a good fit.
  10. thisguyisnotreal New Member

Heh, that's interesting, so from the ex-Mendacium people that are in my guild they said that Mendacium kills everything except Vyemm...

So my question is how do you do Vulak without doing Vyemm? ;)
  11. Beebee New Member

Yes, we are casual.
    We kill Vyemm, those ex-Mendacium people are wrong.
  12. Bromm Lorekeeper

I'm sure that if you and yours could put some names out there, guild and players, our members would be very happy to show you plenty of Vyemm loot. Our first night attempting Vyemm took 3 attempts. First was a miserable failure. Rez up, rebuff, got him to 0% before yet another wipe. Third and final attempt, same night, almost flawless.. 2 deaths? Maybe 3? To my recollection, we have not wiped to him since and I don't recall gimping his guards either. And ex-members... I can't think of too very many folks that left or were removed that I've been upset over losing. Seems they've found a good match in whatever guild you represent.
  13. bodes Augur

Every guild loses decent people for a variety of reasons. This sort of spiteful attitude from a guild leader is a serious red flag... I suggest OP steers clear of Mendacium.
  14. Bromm Lorekeeper

Bodes buddy you crack me up. Your posts always crack me up. Please note my careful intended verbiage of "too very many folks". There are a number of people that have had to leave for as you stated, a variety of reasons. Most of them no longer play the game. Those that do, and I miss, I still talk to and wish they were back. I worded it in such a fashion because I suspect I know which person(s) this misinformation is coming from, but in the event that I am wrong, I will not name names. And let's talk about spite for just a minute. Back before you were DBC, you were Pixel Pirates (please note that our guild has remained healthy and has not imploded or fragmented in any way). We received an applicant from your guild, Pixel Pirates, who told me that when she left, you demanded that she return the Tobrin's Eyepatch she won on a Vox raid. I am still friends with this person who has since moved on to another upstanding guild, and I have come to find her to be a very reliable source with high integrity.

Also, I rarely read or post on these forums, but when I do, here you come. Have I or my guild slighted you in some way Bodes? I genuinely would like to know.

OP, if you still haven't found your guild, don't take advice from Bodes. You can check his most recent posts to get a better feel for what his advice is worth. Instead I would suggest speaking to various players online, asking them questions about their guilds. You won't get much more than toxicity and hate in these forums.
  15. Bromm Lorekeeper

An edit to my above. It was your guild in regards to the eyepatch, but it wasn't you. My mistake and I'll admit it.
  16. bodes Augur

I am not referencing any one individual, I actually heard this from several current members who I am friends with. There are several legitimate reasons to move around guilds and you seem to really take these things personally. Even having this conversation about "maybe try not to be so spiteful" has you in witch-hunt mode. Try to realize that a healthy attitude towards others on the server is a bigger priority than your personal feelings. Otherwise the day will come when you're negotiating a guild merger and the response will be "OK, we'll take everyone except you".
  17. Ryak Augur

I'm sad that a fun anecdote that I thought illustrated the kind of guild we are was taken as an invitation to attack us.

I have to say this is a reflection of the kind of place these forums are more than anything.

Please don't let the fact that Bromm fell victim to the trolls confuse you. This exchange doesn't represent the guild I know at all.
  18. bodes Augur

To be fair your "fun anecdote" took a shot at another guild and started the mud slinging
  19. Celaria New Member

Hi, I too am a Vet from back in the day. I would like to join a guild, but need some advice on a character first.

I was wondering if an enchanter is needed anywhere, or if I would be better served to make a bard. I loved charming (in GoD among other places) with my guild, but I heard that Phinny has a high supply of enchanters, and a low supply of bards. Any advice is appreciated.
  20. Izabella New Member

Celaria, I would say that good enchanters are always needed, as well as good bards. Whichever one you like to play and feel that you play the best would probably work out great for you. Whenever you decide, please look up Mendacium. As an enchanter/cleric duo myself, would be great having you.

Fabbyo74, I think that you should check out Mendacium as well. Here are the kill boards. http://www.phinnykills.com/ You can see that Mendacium is consistent with its progress. Yes, we may have taken a month to kill all of the content, but shall we be realistic? We aren't all 17, 18, 19 year old children anymore without families and other responsibilities. We cannot realistically play/raid every single day of the week for 7+ hours anymore. Who really wants to down all of the content within the first week anyway....what is there left for the guild to do/accomplish/work towards for the remaining time that the expansion is out? As it stands right now, everything is on farm status and it's boring. I MISS the days when it took you months to clear content. It kept you engaged in the game instead of running into the issue of boredom and burn out that a lot of guilds on this server are experiencing. No matter our progress, we do clear within era and we have fun doing it, even during the wipes, even when someone falls in the lava which they ALWAYS do, even when someone aggros an extra drake on a pull. This isn't the guild where you are kicked out for making a mistake. This is a guild based on friendship and comradery and enjoying the game that we all love as it used to be. We would love it if you chose to join us.

Bodes, I don't know you so I will not insinuate anything about your character from this post. However, I would like to point out a few areas where you are very wrong. You spoke ill of Bromm as a leader of Mendacium. In my 15 years playing this game, I quite honestly have NEVER been in a guild with better leaders. Bromm and Ladysoth both give so much of themselves to this guild. They are there for every single guild member and care about us on a personal level, not just what kind of gear we can obtain for them when we come together on raid nights. Bromm is level headed and compassionate. The mere fact that he got upset when you attempted to slander our guild's name is proof of how much he cares about the guild as a whole...it isn't something negative as you tried to portray it. Ladysoth is passionate, hilarious, and helpful. Together they make a fantastic leadership team. They learn as they go, just like we all do. Don't fault them for disliking someone like yourself, who has never been in Mendacium and speaks only of off hand gossip, coming onto a forum like this and speaking negatively of the guild they have worked so hard to build. Can't we act a little more mature than that?

Also about Vyemm. I WISH that we skipped him. He's annoying to raid, both as an enchanter and as a cleric. NO matter what I play, I cannot escape him! But on every single ToV raid we have done, aside from the ONE SINGLE time that we were having an off night and logged off and he didn't respawn when we went back the next raid night, we have not "skipped" him as you inferred. Please, it would do you well to fact check before you started spouting nonsense in a public forum. It really doesn't help your credibility and makes you look a little petty.