Thinking of 3 boxing

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Krymorious, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Krymorious New Member

So I have been enjoying my Heroic Boosted SK. Was thinking of adding 2 more to it. I was wondering your thoughts.

Was currently thinking of Shaman/Ench. I heard that Shaman goes really well with SK, and the Ench was because of the poor mana regen I have as an SK.
  2. Zamiam Augur

I would go with bard . although if your good at boxing Ench can offer a bit more .. but im partial to Bard that selo's and track is hard to beat and most the time can stand back and just /melody .. occasional mez if need be ..

and if you want to live dangerously and dont need to worry bout CC too much id throw it all out the window and go with Druid for ports, DS, tracking, sow, snare, .. personally i'd drop shaman and go Ench druid with the SK ..
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Dreadmore Augur

I alt-tab boxed a SHD, Wiz, and ENC with mild success for a long time, with mercenaries of course. Doable but not fun for me having to alt-tab it.

You don't really have anything limiting your choices right now other than that you don't need another tank. So just pick any classes you think would be fun. SHDs don't need to use a lot of mana in a group setting, so I wouldn't prioritize that when selecting classes to add for boxing
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would just add DPS. SK/Wiz/Zerker. Helaer mercs. Add a PUG slower. You win EQ.
  5. Eggolas Augur

6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

He already has an SK. Unless your post was tongue-in-cheek...then well said. ;)
    Eggolas likes this.
  7. Rizzin Elder

I'm boxing a Necro/Ench/SK, though I just added the SK. The Necro/Ench duo can do just about anything, but some higher end named and some missions were getting the best of me. My hope is that the SK can help mitigate that by using one Healer merc and two DPS mercs.

I just leveling the SK now, so time will tell. FWIW, I have a 110 Druid as well which I used to use for DPS but now can replace the Ench for healing as needed (and transport... how do you tanks deal with that :p).
  8. Eggolas Augur

It was so firmly in my cheek, it looked like a wad of chewing tobacco. :)
  9. Alto24 New Member

With my SK, I box with:
    Druid - tracking, spot heals, damage shield, debuffs, evac/ports
    Enchanter - crack, debuffs/weakening, mez, auras
    1 cleric merc
    2 wiz mercs

When using mercs, definitely use the passive/active macros.
  10. Tucoh Augur

sk/brd/mag
    sk/brd/ber
    sk/enc/mag
    sk/sha/ber

Are the top combinations for an sk. Running with berserker will be a bit tougher to box without something like inner space boxer because you need to constantly push buttons on both the SK and a berserker to be effective, where as with a mage you can set up simple macros you hit every ten seconds or so. You can see what a melee group looks like in this thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tucos-setup-critique-welcome.240258/
  11. Xilbuster Journeyman

I beat all eq group content with sk/bard/wiz
    code-zero likes this.
  12. took2summit11 Augur

How did you do defenders of the faith in the broken mirror? I am mad impressed if anyone can do this boxing.
  13. Krymorious New Member

Alright thanks for the advice. Think I will try SK/Druid/Enchanter. Never played a Druid higher than 15, so it will be new and interesting.
  14. Zamiam Augur

Try to use the Enchanter to his/her full potential by Charming if you can .. remember to use your self runes and set up AT for when charm breaks , but even if you dont charm Ench can offer alot of ADPS ..keep your auras up GL to ya in your adventure
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am curious how you dealt with End of Empire, Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls, or other anti-boxer group missions with those three classes and mercs. Most group content I would buy. But all EQ group content with SHD/BRD/WIZ + mercs? That's a stretch, assuming you are playing in bounds.

I'd like to learn so I hope you can share some of your strats.
  16. Dreadmore Augur

I can give some advice with End of Empire, but I haven't tried the Anashti Sul one.
    Well, I doubt I could do End of Empire with SHD-BRD-WIZ... but you probably don't have that same setup anyway :) I do SHD-ENC-WIZ-WIZ and two healer mercenaries. I've used just one wizard or just one healer mercenary at times because I am stupid and forgot to load a spellset or put the merc off passive. Let me know if you have a similar setup in case my strategy just isn't compatible with your group!

Of course, you can also ignore me if we're just trying to back Xilbuster into a corner for low-effort trolling :p
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks Dreadmore. I have EoE done. As you noted, I am questioning how he managed End of Empire with his group. :p
  18. Krymorious New Member

I decided not to Heroic my Newly crafted Druid. I have a Bard at lvl 33 so I just need to get the druid up to the level where she can group up and will use my SK to PL them both up to the point where they can group with the SK and level them that way. Skills and AA's will cost a little more, but I think in the long run, knowing how to play them is worth more than being thrown into an 85 and hitting the floor.
  19. alexander97 Lorekeeper

mage+chanter
  20. Tucoh Augur

EoE with sk/brd/wiz is on the border of being doable with a really good setup + gear. There's a bit of randomness with the meteors / hegron slam (sometimes they aren't a problem at all...), but the critical part is burning the chokidai spawning sarnak before you get overwhelmed. I've done the fight with my team a handful of times, and even now I think I'd only be successful 80% of the time just because of how random the fight can get.

With a well geared / coordinated setup + enough luck to not kill your mercs from meteors/hegron/loose chokidai I can see it happening and would love to see a video of someone doing it.