The real change Coirnav needs: Simple classic to velious balancing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scrax, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Darchias Augur

Speaking as a Druid main, I oppose giving Druids Clarity. Why? Because that will just amplify their perception of 'only being good for power leveling', except now they're better at power leveling casters. If I was to give Druids a new tool to make them more appealing to groups, it would be mez. Root parking is already something we can do for CC, giving them a short-duration mez ala Screaming Terror would make us able to do CC without having to scream at the caster to sit somewhere else for the fortieth time.
  2. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

coirnav needs corpse runs
  3. Brunlin Augur

Many peeps post that Melee are bad in classic.....4 weeks later in General....1 spot open if tank.

War in a skilled players hand will be in demand. Though 3 chanters in a group with Charms destroying everything will also be a thing as well.
    As for weapons...there are plenty of low level magic weapon than can be obtain with small effort, combine with a melee augment in Classic is op. Oh and a war duel wielding weapons with melee augments, provoke, taunt, and keeps disarm and beg at max can out taunt a SK..just saying
  4. Brunlin Augur

5. Gremin Augur

Maybe choose your group mates based on skill, get to know players and just have fun.
  6. Scrax Elder

And a charm pet can out tank that warrior by a huge margin both in terms of healability and threat. The only use for a tank is raid mobs. Why would a group want a warrior, even a heavily geared 50 warrior is a waste of a spot.
  7. Poledo_EQ Elder

If you're a min/max player I guess. I tend to enjoy hanging out with people in a good group. I wouldn't call it a waste of a spot. EQ was never about fast content, it was about people. You do you I guess.
  8. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

But why? People come back to play the game they remember, not the WoW-influenced hand holding version.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  9. Scrax Elder

Okay, but the argument isnt about whether we should let massively underpowered people into groups, its about adjusting charm so that we dont have to invite warriors to sing to us in chat.
  10. Hinastorm Elder

Progression servers have tons and tons of changes that already make it quite different from "the game they remember". That ship has long sailed. If enough players wanted it, more balance changes could be made.

And I fully disagree that buffing some of the obviously borderline useless classes in vanilla will make the game equatable to "wow handholding".

In short, I strongly disagree with the whole essence of your post =/