The One Feature I'd Love to See

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Quill, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Evil.Iguana Elder

Half-Life III confirmed!
  2. Quill Augur

Because 99% of the time you don't want to loot everything? If they're going to hit it, they might as well do it right. And this is something that would benefit the entire population and make the game far more fun to actually play. It isn't some minor bug or issue that largely happens to effect your specific class.
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Risiko Augur

What I would like to see is the following:

• The ability to set in the group roles: Master Looter
    • No clicking mobs necessary. All corpses are auto looted
    • No OK button to click
    • No confirmation button to click
    • NOTHING TO CLICK!!! I don't touch my mouse if I don't have to. It's EQ. KEYBOARD BABY!
    • command line option to turn off the message that says "you can only have one of this lore item". If I have one already, then don't pick it up
    • When bags are full, display message saying that, so I can set another group member as Master Looter
    Seriously, clicking the corpse, clicking the item, clicking the Yes, clicking the blah blah blah... so tired of it. It was fun for about 5 minutes back in 1999.
  4. Risiko Augur

You forget one very valuable thing about this particular Dev. He actually plays EQ. Not just here and there or once when the managers forced him to, but all the time. His guild doesn't know he is who he is.

So, yeah he feels the same pains we feel when playing the game. Therefore, he HAS to have gotten sick of clicking to loot every freaking thing by now.
  5. Laronk Augur

Oh man, when I am swarming I let soo much loot rot just because looting is so slow.
    Sinestra likes this.
  6. gcubed Augur

Once the chest is opened, it is a corpse. :p
  7. gcubed Augur

All it means is that the SOE station is signing off for the evening and Elidroth wants us to watch the test pattern until the station resumes its normal programming in the morning.
  8. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

F YES!
  9. TarewMarrForever Augur

There are obviously *negative* repercussions to the economy and gameplay with such a feature. The recent trend in achievements to have high levels running around mass killing greys was already the stupidest idea since Greedo shooting first. This will turn into plat farming gone wild. NO LIKE! Mage + beam + AE loot = OMFG where did all the giants go?!?
  10. CaRnon Augur

As long as the whole group still sees what is looted.

Not everyone is honest and if one person is master looter and the rest of the group did not get the "soandso has looted randomitem_009" then I could see a lot of issues with people being cheated out of loot...

I would hate to be in a group killing in SolB and a cloak drops and no one knows that it droped/was looted due to lack of the message we currently get letting us know what/who has looted a item..

So I just ask that if you all mass looting you still allow the group/raid to see what has been looted and by who like it currently does.
  11. CaRnon Augur

whats the difference between them AE looting and killing the same way and just looting each corpse...ya would still be asking "where did the giants go?" I just hope this was not a backhanded attempt to try to nerf mages or such 8) j/k.

I just think there are bigger issues with mass looting then grey cons being mass killed.
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Caudyr Augur

Mass Looting. Have it skip any items that are no trade or attuneable. These items will be linked to the group and left on a corpse. Have a way to disable the links of the loot, if you want, but then you can't say "OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT DROPPED!".

Anyway, just a thought. :p
  13. Sebbina Augur

Mass looting will be useful, as would mass destroy the remaining trash, however, best have a seriously knowledgeable player as master looter, uncut gems do serve useful purposes, though probably not for raid gear. Quest items might be required of each person in a group or raid, a solo/molo slaughter for XP/plat is fine do what you will, but a group that designates the new guy(girl) as master looter could find that important items are lost (OOW T2 drops etc.) Installing master loot and loot all/destroy all, could be very handy, but, as the old saying goes- Buyer Beware.
  14. Karthanon Augur

Oh, they found out what they're going to give mage pets! Mass Loot buff.

/flees
  15. Hayzeus Augur

Except Trader bags... they don't seem to have figured out the code for that ;)
  16. Hayzeus Augur

lol... did you really necro a thread from last fall? Was everyone still "staying tuned?"

10-to-1 they make this the "paid feature" of the next expansion!
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  17. SaderakhBertox Augur

With great power comes great responsibility!
  18. guado Augur

I think Elidroth meant stay tuned, as in, the beam nerf is incoming so there will be no NEED to have a mass loot button.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  19. SaderakhBertox Augur

I dont have the reference, but it is a feature that's on the table. I'm pretty sure it will be discussed at SOE Live.
  20. jackrich New Member

how about a raid loot chest that all the loot from the dragons are transferred into, then at end of the raid or designated time the loot is given out? How many time did ya win something then wish ya would have waited?