The great Screw you if your not 100 already- EXP Nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Could just as easily mean "made" to the Expansion Patch as it went into so called "design lock" too. Nothing here says that it got pushed live on the past Tuesday patch.
    -R
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Croak Augur

Why would you level the lv70 in Valley... insanity

Go somewhere where you can totally destroy whole zones or floors of green to the level 100 mobs - most of the time the lv70 can even be offline if you use fellowship as long as the high level toon gains exp.
    Ideally you want to be killing mobs that are yellow/red to the low level toon.

Just as an example of how it can work, but between level cap raises and rebalancing & class differences it may be easier/harder now. - it used to take me 4hrs to get an alt from 65-80 in Mech Guardian as a 95SK

What you are experiencing is probably an exp cap of some kind per mob kill and those have been in game as long as I can remember, though they do vary, and vary even more when grouping with a higher level toon.
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

It's my understanding that exp gain below CoTF will be nerfed if you're 101+. So for all 1-100 levels the exp values remain the same as they were before.

So it's not really a "screw you if you're not 100 already" thing, it's more of a "screw you if you buy TDS and want 105 but don't wanna get 105 within TDS" kinda thing.
    Lisandra and Melanippe like this.
  4. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

Thank you all for the input.

So as of 10-25-14 Post EXP nerf
    Level 90 grounds daily is worth in main exp
    Level 100 - 4 percent
    Level 95 -
    Level 90 - 7 Percent
    Level 86 - 18 Percent

or in AA exp
    Level 100 - 7 AA
    Level 95 -
    Level 90-
    Level 86
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. IDotPeople Augur

Hi Weake Aggro, I recommend reading the ending statement by roshen on this thread about your exp concerns.
  6. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

Thanks that was helpful:)
  7. Croak Augur

I assume you are allowing for AA bonus in your AA counts?

If you are powerlevelling an alt the best option is to level to 90/95 without autogrant, get all the AA with no dependencies and only switch on autogrant to fill up the bottom end after.

You end up with significantly more AA for your time invested.

Last time I played on live (back in May) a lv95 cleric box of mine was receiving 9x bonus running dailies in grounds and valley
  8. Janakin Augur

Shard's Landing Partisan reward at level 100 reads 24% exp from 100 to 101
    Shard's Landing Partisan reward at level 101 reads 15.6% exp from 100 to 101
    Shard's Landing Partisan reward at level 105 reads 6% exp from 100 to 101

If you die and go back to 100, the rewards un-nerf (is that a word.) Most stupid exp mechanic I have ever seen.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Laronk Augur

That also has to do with me being above the aa level cap. Also I am on FV and FV has a 50% exp bonus I think?
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Kolani Augur

You're doing something horribly wrong then, and might need to look into learning to play the game before you worry about raiding.
  11. chronicler Augur

First of all, people are basically different, there strong people. middle and weak people. That is true in EQ too.

It has always been so that some people are able to do everything at once, others need a bit of time and bit more power, and then some will never be able to.

How does that effect EQ?

Well, there expansions, each becoming harder and harder, but also increase peoples powers.

So some able to do TDS at TDS level, others CoTF/ROF at TDS level. In effect they might not be able to do RoF/CoTF until they get level 101+.
    But they still have to fight in RoF/CoTF, to take the next step up to TDS, but now with the xp nerf in earlier expansions when gaining lvl 101+, they might not be able to get the xp in time, b4 the next expansion is out, so they drifting in further behind, until at some point, they might stop completely.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

13. Elskidor Augur

By the sounds of it, level 96 to 100 is pretty much going to be the last stop for aa grinding for most. Why level past 101 to get nerfed xp and then grind?
  14. iniari-TR Augur

SoE is shooting themselves in the foot with this decision.

first off , it will discourage a lot of FTP players to actually purchase the expansion. why push to level 101+ if your effectively nerfing your xp when you can just stay lvl 100 and play in the older zones for free ? other then level 105 there really isn't all that much. just upgraded spells / aa's - nothing new. some HA's. and some new zones. - no hugh power increase.

secondly it severely lessens the content for the high end players. -- in the past when players complained that the "new zones" were too difficult , it was always pointed out that if they arnt ready there are still a ton of previous zones to xp in. but now that wont be the case. and the very top players will have little desire to go back to the older zones to finish obsolete quests / help lower level players.
    Lisandra and Janakin like this.
  15. Nymster New Member

If you do not want the experience screw it is VERY SIMPLE.... DO NOT BUY (THE TDS) Expansion.

You will remain no higher then Level 100 and enjoy all the experience as it has been.
  16. svann Augur

What I think it will hit is powerlevelers. That is, people that go with a 100+ toon and a 70 toon will find that powerleveling the 70 will be slower in non tds zones.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  17. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

Won't hurt Druid DS powerleveling. Not as fast as other forms, but may catch up now :)
  18. Tual Augur

This should be in the n00bie zone, seriously.
    Laronk likes this.
  19. Garshok Augur

While they have nerfed mission rewards in the past (twice? three times if you include MMs?) and gone back and increased HP on trash mobs in older zones to help make overall exp gain more balanced, this is the first time that they have actually nerfed the overall mechanic - essentially decreasing the ZEM for 101+ toons in older zones.

Way to make Sony's World smaller - but hey, they know what is 'fun' for us more than we do.
  20. Elskidor Augur

They are going to get rid of this nerf. Waaay too many people quitting... That is if they all really are quitting.