The great Screw you if your not 100 already- EXP Nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

I have a 100 Berserker and a 90 cleric i am trying to level up to raid level.
    I have been actively grinding this team for weeks now but something changed over the past few days

Here is what I am seeing now.
    1. ANY Zone below COTF expansion has had its per mob experience reduced.
    2. Daily task reward went form 12 percent main exp to 7
    3. It seems the amount of exp needed to level for each level has changed and no longer scales or gets bigger with levels. My guess is that from level 70 to level 100 is a set amount of exp per level now.
    4. All members of the group seem to now get the same exp per mob no matter the level
    For example- a 70 in the group and a 99 in the group level at the exact same rate now and this was not the case a week ago
    5. Hot Zones - Seem to still offer Higher EXP per mob kill per group member
    6. Experience potions - Seem to still offer higher EXP per mob kill per user.
    7. I do not believe there is a FULL group EXP bonus any more

Result of the NERF?
    Since sony does not publish how much exp you gain each kill we use a scale on the data we can see.
    6 kills = 1 percent exp in the Hot Zone Valley of Lunanyn
    So therefore, If you were to traditionally group grind any one level from 70 to 100 will take killing 600 Mobs in the Valley of Lunanyn

If it takes your group the average of 1 minute to kill each mob that's 600 minutes per level
    OR 10 HOURS of grinding for 1 level

So it would take 300 hours of grinding to reach 100 to a level 70 character

I thought the GOAL was to get people to reach level 100 and want to buy the next expansion.

2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

It used to take weeks to gain a level. One AA in an evening was "a good evening." Now 85 is the new level 1 with Heroic Characters, so I expect any complaints about pre-85 to fall upon deaf ears. Either pony up the dough, or enjoy the retro/classic game experience for free.
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

I'm thinking this is one of those jboots are slower threads.
    roguerunner, Dre. and Elricvonclief like this.
  4. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

All I am saying is that the exp Nerf affected more then those leet raiders rushing to 105.
    These changes were not in any patch notes to my knowledge but they are in game on live right now...which is wrong. If something this big changes it needs to be in the patch notes.
    I understand sony's desire to slow leveling of 100 to 105 but why do you have to slam the rest of us so hard in doing so?
  5. Malachi Augur

Based on the above data, I think they should reduce the experience rate across the board by 80%. 10 hours is way too fast. Doesn't anyone enjoy the journey anymore? Do all online games have to become action rpgs now? Instant gratification and tossed aside within weeks.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. Tweelis Augur

Let's reintroduce hell levels!

Seriously though, get out of Valley once your daily is done.....there's much better xp elsewhere at level 90 and 100.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Can someone please verify that the dailies actually got nerfed?
    Sounds too insane to be remotely true.
    -R
  8. idej Augur

Is this what you're seeing in beta?
  9. Raptorjesus5 Augur

In my oh so humble experience, if you log on specifically to get the most exp in the least amount of time you are, in fact, "doing it wrong".
    Malachi and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  10. idej Augur

It all depends on what your main objective is. I had to rush a couple characters up for raids. Some people have already done it 12 times and are just looking to get to the part of the game that actually receives a little attention with events and expansions.
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

That is kinda the point of the post... Unless you can kill in Cotf zones( which my zerker can not), Valley is your best EXP from level 70 to 100 now.

Zones tested
    Valley Of Lunanyn 6 mobs killed per 1 percent at 90- Probably due to being the HOT zone.
    Breeding grounds 10 mobs killed per 1 percent at 90
    Shards Landing 10 mobs killed per 1 percent at 90
    Sarith City 10 mobs killed per 1 percent at 90
    Replendent Temple - Only killed a few mobs and was barely staying alive so could not test fully.
    ChapterHouse of the Fallen - Only killed a few mobs and was barely staying alive so could not test fully.
  12. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

I seen it on LIVE just this am. 7 Percent for each daily task.
  13. Brohg Augur

Lololol there are no changes on Live. An Ativan and a square meter of tinfoil for the OP, please :p
  14. idej Augur

It was my thought that the exp decrease does not effect anyone under 101. Can someone confirm this?
  15. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

"Roshen said "As we move into The Darkened Sea, we've made a few changes to ensure that adventuring in the newest content will be the best way to gain experience to advance their characters in both levels and AA points"

"Made" is past tense. This went in on Tuesday with the SOE maintenance.
  16. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

About the only way you can confirm this is to do a 90 daily on a toon level 86 to 99 with full main exp on and no potions, I would be very interested to see if anyone else is only getting the 7 percent vs the 12 percent that it used to be.
  17. Xeladom Augur

Levels are not content. They are content blockers for casual players.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  18. Laronk Augur

WELL I just wanna say.

Just because you got 12% at level 89 doesn't mean you'll get 12% at level 90. Ill go do it on my cleric who i always forget to rez he's at 87% into 100 lets see what he gets
  19. Balloo Apprentice

Just got like 18% at level 87 for Grounds daily. Had some vitality xp built up though. Not sure if that affects quest reward xp.
  20. Laronk Augur

ok so at 100 my cleric went from 88% to 92% (i got to 88 killing trash) and I have the FV exp bonus not sure if it effects quest exp this was 100% reg exp

My beastlord on 100% reg exp got 7aa from doing the grounds daily.

As you can see OP you probably leveled, the sky is not in fact falling.