The Darkened Sea Launches Tuesday, November 11th!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

$40 of cheesecake sounds so much better than TDS.

And I'll still be able to enjoy other desserts after getting it, unlike previous content once I got TDS.
    Garshok and Lisandra like this.
  2. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

But at the time that move was allowed, they locked the server for 30 days and did so BEFORE they announced the move. Also very few people had endgame raid copies on the server at that time. also currency of all kinds [coin, tokens, alernate currency] was not copyable and many items were flagged no copy to Test for months prior to that. Also all the moves were stripped of copy tag items, the ones that slipped past were such a miniscule drop in the bucket its like a pin drop of water in the Pacific ocean.

If they allowed this today, we would be talking about hundreds upon hundreds of 6 month old characters with top end CoTF raid gear, already some TDS gear and billions in currency, literally billions. Just the currency alone would cause huge blow back.
    Iila likes this.
  3. tofu stir fry Augur

I've been playing on test since kunark, been through the original player wipe and all the BS its endured over the years. even stayed on test the last time they opened copies off. i for one would never play on a live server simply for the fact that the playing population on live is a bunch of trolls and monkeys .... i play on test for the people(however few their are) i to have copied boxes in the past, but my necro is O.G from the ground up. a lot of the test population is legit toons that have been through it all over the years. even if they opened up copies off the server i would still stay. i just hope they close off testcopy as well to let it go back to the way it should be. i do enjoy being in an endgame raidguild here and i enjoy all the people i play with but to further tweak the idea of altering the server anymore than it is is ludicrous. by SOE making me pay for the expansion i bought it for tofu's account. i just simply wont be spending anymore money on my box accounts and will let those toons rot. SOE is losing out. not me. shame too many people see this in a negative light. making test servers population pay for an expansion is not a necessary evil its just greed. I'm just surprised SOE does'nt realize how much marketplace money they are going to lose on their micro-transactions ....
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

"A bit of an imbalance"? Lol. Kinda like saying Bill Gates is "a bit wealthy".

FV is isolated for a reason and should stay that way, along with what's been copied from there.
    Iila likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I see what you did there. Heyoo! ;)
  6. maverick Elder

I would rather stay where I am.

I enjoy the ability to copy my stuff over whenever I need it, plus the VEt aas on all toons is very nice.

What I am not happy about is all the people crying "I Quit"

Test is a smidgen away from feeling just like a private server.

I do not have a great desire to be on a server practically by myself.

Like I have mentioned now EVERY TIME, I am ALL-ACCESS and I have TDS.

So am entitled to a paying customers opinion and mine is that I wish they would come up with something to either stimulate the population, or do something for those of us that want to stay but just not in a ghost town.
  7. nolan081100 Journeyman

:)
  8. shanite New Member

Some of us have been around since before Velious Test was a great server back in the day. We always had to pay for expansions and we had to pay a subscription. Down times were sometimes days because nobody would know the server crashed especially on the weekends. Just buy the expansion if you want it. (I wont) or just explore the 0-100 content that is there.
  9. Sathayorn Augur

Looking through these posts here almost makes me ashamed to call myself an Everquest player... Some of you (not pointing any fingers) are trying to make "whining" an art. They keep giving you free stuff, and you suddenly feel entitled to more free stuff... Every time they try to make money, which as a company they SHOULD, you call them and thieves, then accuse them of trying to kill a game that's making them money...

They're making money from EQ, they'll make more when people stop going for a free ride. You aren't LOSING anything from not buying TDS, you just aren't getting MORE free stuff... Like a bum on the street assaulting a man for only giving $5 in change...
    Zentara and Elricvonclief like this.
  10. Silentchaos Augur

Ow, my server.
  11. alidan Lorekeeper

fact is they changed the deal. we put up with nerfs that never go live, and shield you from them, we deal with not having a player population worth a damn, the bazaar may as well not exist on this server, and until a change in management, the best raid guild on the server could barely handle rof tier 1... the server really offers most people nothing outside of being free, and if the rules change, we should be compensated for that. i won't transfer off most likely, but just not being able to see the reason that people are pisses is willful stupidity...

i may be willing to buy the expansion, but who the hell am i going to play with? the only person i group with with any regularity is probably going to move to live making the expansion pointless for me to get. if you are part of the raid guild, they were current, if they get the expansion, there is no new gear for them on the other side, it would be a short grind up to 105 and a spell/disc set away from the best they can possibly do.

as someone who is end game group with a few legitimate cotf rares matched with war gear, this is a devastating blow to the server.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Retro Elder

It certainly is disappointing that test is changing and not getting TDS. I came back to eq after quitting the august before cotf release(raiding on solusk ro) because of horrendous marketing of the expansion(every comment on gear was that it was going to be side grades) so I was just like peace out. Came back when I found out Legions of Blackburrow was raiding on test and was close enough to current endgame. I'll still keep playing till the guild moves on or dies from this but it'll just be in cotf.

Its not like test is taking away money from eq, dozen or so people in our guild still bought the expansion on release day and we don't field anything close to a full raid with a ton of boxes. I know there are people who would not be playing the game at all if it weren't for test and those people are the community for the people who do pay and still play on test. But it was a good ~ 5 months back at least.

Not looking for a transfer off but I did earn my gear on test... cept for 2 pieces of legatus gear i have atm, With 600 raid currency I could replace them however.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Lananan Journeyman

I guess the part of Elidroth's post (here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...rver-gravy-train-end.5241/page-2#post-2973934) "I don't imagine things will be changing anytime soon." doesn't apply any more.

I've been on test server since 2000. I've never left the server, I've purchased all my expansions and paid a monthly membership even past the date when these things were free. My complaint is that there was no notification that things were changing. It was told to us that all expansion would be free on test. It's not about being greedy, it's about changing the status quo. Test has evolved since the free expansions and /testcopy. It's changed the dynamic of the server. People play the server like a normal server (because it is a normal server - repeatly told to us by the developers) and plan according to the benefits applied to that server.

It's like waking up one day and finding out that your server is now all PvP or locked progression. It's not about getting things for free, it's not about money, it's about changing the rules of the server without notifying the populous. In the above example, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be ticked off if their server was just changed into a PvP server or locked progression. Many would threaten to quit. That's what's happening here. People are upset that the server rules that they were told are being changed without any notification.

Especially when developers tell us constantly that the server won't change or go away.
    Benzarden and Lisandra like this.
  14. maverick Elder

WTH!!
    All I want to know is that the server I am happy to be on is not going to become empty..

I do not want to play on an empty server.

I am super appreciative of the perks for this server and I dont want to leave it.

These replies from live server players are not taking into consideration that some of us don't fit the bill of "FREELOADER" Some of us like myself pay for the expansions and all access either way.

I must say however, all of you that are rage quitting because one free thing is not being given yet is really upsetting the servers population.

S.O.E. has a million times over promised something to get what they want and then later on changed it, DID YOU THINK YOU WERE THE ONLY ONES OUT OF THAT PRACTICES REACH???

Some players invest years into toons for a soul purpose only to have it completely reverted and or taken away with hardly any notice.. they have to move on.

You guys are going about this all the wrong way.

You must have known that there was going to be a public bashing/laugh about this if you came here and presented your case along the lines of "I WAS TOLD IT WOULD ALWAYS BE FREE, NOW IT ISN'T WHAT GIVES?
    You are presenting your case in front of an audience that has been paying for expansions, monthly subs with no xp bonus forever.
    You are only making a joke out of yourselves...

I am part of the test community I do not want us to be the laughing stock of the rest of EQ.

To only have to buy an expansion to still have better perks than anyone else on any server (still free all access, still able to copy gear, still have better xp bonus than anyone, is sorta silly to cry about and you'll never find any sympathy here even if you have a strong case.

AGAIN they have promised many people many things only for the end result to burn the consumer.
    BAD PRACTICE as it may be it seems to be the way of things here so if you're riding high just enjoy it while it last.

I could go on , but seriously send pms to the S.O.E. higher ups ,on here you are only looking pathetic and the real point(if there be any) will never come to fruition.

I want to stay on test, but if the population is going to be 20 real players I don't think I could have much fun even with all the perks.

Will there be an option to get off TEST for those of us who still want to play EQ and don't mind paying.
    Aside from small reasons the only real reason I see anyone would choose to just up and quit a server that offers everything else free still is because they don't want to pay for anything at all and draw the line when told they have to.

I can see a few people staying if they were given the option to take their toon they worked hard on to another server and pay over there, but I can't see many that haven't already bought the TDS expansion (myself as well) wanting to buy more expansions on a sever that could possibly result in no population and very likely will result in a very very small population iin TDS.
  15. Lananan Journeyman

@Maverick,

I was simply pointing out why the multitude of people were upset.

While your post is about your specific selfish need to not be alone doesn't help this discussion. You'll get no sympathy from me.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Warlorf Augur

Its funny reading posts from people on live who laugh and say screw test but have never spent any quality time on the server or actually got to see what a lot of people endured over the years just for free gameplay. I say anyone from live who has a sour taste about test getting the xpacs free for years should stuff it. I paid for all my xpacs up until CoTF which was junk and TDS which is yet to be determined. I may be on test but I paid my way through EQ since 99, my only gripe is due to low populations on test I now have 4 accts that xpacs need to be purchased for instead of the 1 I came to test with. I have 25 ish toons over those 4 accts and only 1 .. yes 1!! FV test copy on my newest acct which I couldn't care less about. Its my mains acct which is the one I paid for everything that I want to copy over the way it is with everything Ive worked and box grinded for through RoF and CoTF. Ill gladly pay for the xpac with that acct on another server with a population and economy. I just want the ability to get off test if this is the way its going to be.

For those who gripe about this .. save yourselves the trouble of typing and complaining about test toons copying over to live in this manner as it falls on deaf ears. In my case its like SoE telling you on live that your server is done and you get to either stay with no people or be moved to another server but be stripped of all your LEGIT gear. Don't like that idea do ya?

nuff said
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. maverick Elder

Either you are not reading well, or I am coming across wrong..

I am saying you are taking this to the wrong audience, putting it on display in front of a mostly ignorant crowd that just sees and hears us saying we've gotten a free meal for long, how come we have to get in line and pay like they do?

Yes there is a part where I am saying don't freaking rage quit, buy the expac,, you still get everything else for free,,,, i bought a bunch before anyone told me I had to , and I was certain I was going to get it free 14 days later.
    There is also the part where I say TEST is not the only EQ SUB community to get smacked with no warning change to the plan...
  18. maverick Elder

Plus I am moving forward,,, thats part of what my post is about,, if they don't give TEST TDS for FREE it is going to be a desolate place I believe , so instead of sitting on here spending a week complaining only to find the cries will not be met, I was offering a solution to the new problem at hand which is going to be a very empty Expansion and the possibility of a very empty server.
    Unless someone still chooses to play on an empty server I think it would be fair to offer those that would rather not an alternative that does not entirely nullify the time they have invested
  19. Elskidor Augur

Well if people leave test they still have to buy it if they want it. The sky isn't falling...
  20. Warlorf Augur

Well if people leave test they still have to buy it if they want it. The sky isn't falling...

omg you win post of the day ...

pay attention you just completely missed the whole point of this thread
    maverick likes this.