The Darkened Sea Launches Tuesday, November 11th!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Elskidor Augur

Sounds reasonable.
  2. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Ive been preaching it since i came to test, and everyone called me crazy and said it would never happen.
    Course they say that about basically everything i say, and it has always turned out to end up happening, yet i still get no credit, and still get called crazy. Funny how that works.
  3. fransisco Augur

Test is a free ride. You get gold access for free. Buying an expansion to help pay for your free game isn't the worst thing
  4. guado Augur

When is the November game update?

Thank you for your time.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Warlorf Augur

well the effort sure isn't there for making interesting xpacs. Its regurgitated nonsense. Copy/paste old zones to save coin and inject it into EQN. Happening quite a bit in EQ
    maverick and Lisandra like this.
  6. Frankk New Member

You probably just killed the only raid guild on test. Are you going to allow transfers since the new xpac is dead?
    maverick and Lisandra like this.
  7. Iila Augur

I'm loving the pile of people asking to transfer their FV raid copies off test to a real server now that they have to buy an expansion to stay current.
    Elricvonclief, nolan081100 and Sheex like this.
  8. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

Unacceptable.

tldr version: I was told if I play on the worst server in the game I would not have to buy expansions. If you are going to renege then let me transfer off of test.

I'll throw some history at you to establish my point.

Test used to be just like the normal servers. You paid to play, you bought all your expansions as anybody else would. There was no /testcopy. If you came here you started out at level 1 and made the best out of it.

Dev's looked around and noticed nobody was playing on test. After all, why would they? The constant threat of wipes and no population meant nobody was really going to waste there time.

So, the Dev's got on the boards and made a few announcements. First was they would NEVER EVER wipe test again.

Still nobody cared.

So a few folks sat down with the Dev's and came up with some incentives.

/testbuff to make it a tad easier to get started. (No idea when this hit as opposed to the others)

Free expansions. The idea being, You are helping the game so we'll throw you this bone.

At this point, you still had to pay to play. Still nobody cared (For the record this is also about the time I started on test)

Later on they (The Dev's) looked around and still noticed nobody was playing so they upped the game a little.

They offered All the Vet awards and Double exp.

Still had to pay to play. Still almost nobody here.

Then the free to play thing hit EQMac got sunset.At this point /testcopy had been turned on and off a few times with reason's for it's removal varying on who you ask. As of now it's on but who knows for how long.

Boom.. free gold baby Yeah!

For the first time in YEARS test finally has something close to a real population. We even have a raid guild in current content..

So now we get to see those incentives disappear? You know the same incentives that got us too this point to begin with?

People that come to test almost across the board come for the same reason.

IT'S FREE. Not Free with limitations, Not free except This or That..

Just FREE.

Even with this laundry list of incentives is test as good as a normal server.

Of course not. One trip into the Bazaar or a /who all in any zone will tell you we still barely have enough people to call this anything but a single player game.

If EQ is in such a sorry state we now need to hit up the same people who where told, offered and enticed to play on the worst server in the game they will no longer be enjoying those benefits. Then all I ask is the ability to transfer off.

I don't begrudge SOE or the Everquest team from makeing money. I've bought my share of Krono's and I never expected Free gold to last but forceing me to buy yet anouther expansion while simultaneously dealing with all the drawbacks of playing on test is just too much.

If I have to pay for this stuff at least let me do it on a server with more then a 100 real players.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Miggmigg New Member

I would consider buying the expansion for a single account, but not the 12 (actually I think its 15) on test, if they would allow transfers OFF test. This will KILL population on test, and will make doing much of anything worth a crap useless.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Rumtum New Member

I vote to get a free transfer to live. I just lost 8 buddies that can't afford to advance without the free content and I am all alone now.
    Lisandra, Warlorf and maverick like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thought I was the only one chuckling about this, but guess not :).
    Iila likes this.
  12. nolan081100 Journeyman

i like SoE and there plans for test server, thank you.
  13. maverick Elder

I am taking advantage of the great gear copy on test.
    But I am also All access with TDS.
    I would like a transfer off TEST if everyone is going to leave.
    I understand that if I leave with what I have , this may cause a bit of an imbalance, but I hope whoever is in charge of this decision if it gets made,, would understand that I bought Kronos from S.O.E. and farmed tons of Plat to afford the perk of having that gear on test.

I don't want my only 2 options after all this time and investment be
    1. stay on test practically alone.
    2. go to live with nothing.

Neither of those seem entirely fair to me, be it that I am not just here for the free ride.
    I am testing content, and I have invested time and $$ just like anyone else.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Cerris Augur

In fairness, the last time they allowed transfers off Test they didn't transfer anything with the copied tag.

I bought two copies of the expansion and gold access for a month so I could take part in the early access, will probably have to buy a third expansion now.
  15. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Groovy.

I'ma spend this $100 I was saving on pie's. Pie's and some tubs of cheesecake filling. Turkey day is soon upon us. Gotta get stocked up.
    Garshok and Lisandra like this.
  16. Miggmigg New Member

Unlike you, the majority of my characters on test, were created on test. There were 2 exceptions, those toons came from a different server (not FV) and none of them had raid gear. None of my toons are raid geared, all have been ground and pound the old fashion way on test through group content. I have no interest in raiding either, but now that I cannot progress any of them, its either, move them off, or start from scratch someplace else, and after all the money I put into SC, no way in hell do I want to start over!
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Gnomeland Augur

Bad investments happen. Sad for ya'all who bought raid copies from FV and are now pissed you spent $$ on boxes that you now have to retire, but those were the risks. No one ever guaranteed Test was going to stay the way it is.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

Transfers off of test would be terrible and cannot happen.

Not only can characters have literally unlimited cash (simply retest copy a character over and get more pp). But test characters were able to xp and AA at twice the rate.
    Yes, test has permanant double xp.
    It wouldn't be fair for people on live (paying servers) to have people show up who only had to spend half the time lvling and AAing their character.

Plus if you go to live, you won't have access to CoTF unless you paid for that too.

Test if free, you act like Sony owes you money for playing on a free server.
  19. Iila Augur

It didn't work that well, people were able to move gear from test to live with a little planning.
  20. nolan081100 Journeyman

i think SoE should charge $30 a month for playing on test since you have unlimited everything double exp, all vet rewards. plus charge normal price for expansions..