The Darkened Sea Info

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

That's what beta tuning is for!

Assuming feedback is made and listened to.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Legit!

I have rewards saved up, But gunna bang out the first few levels in COTF
  3. Porterz73 Augur

Just be careful ... They have in the past set the XP of stored missions to zero before a new expansion w level increase goes live, also they have nerfed the heck out of XP on certain old content missions.
  4. Silv Augur

Slight derail- Was the mez thing serious? If you're talking about mobs on players it's already a reduced timer. If you're talking about PCs then how is 1m36-42s not long enough for you? :confused:
  5. IDotPeople Augur

I have plans to have, no real plans for this expansion whatsoever! Just go find a dinosaur and try to ride him, and then I will kill all his friends, then I will name this dinosaur Denver. Other than that I'll just wander about goofing off with no reliance on guides, and somehow find myself at 105 w/ full progression anyways!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Wayylon like this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I haven't done the group mission yet, but I have done the raid. If it's what I'm thinking of, any mobs that are mezzed during the raid cast a spell on themselves that cuts the duration of spells on them. Any one of those mobs can unmez themselves at a random time.
  7. Iila Augur

It's the weight of rot debuff. It randomly lowers the duration of some detrimental spells cast by players.

I can chain cast entrap on mobs in there and the fresh duration displayed on on the buff window will be from 18s to 12 minutes.
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

That was a single mission (gems from lichen in underfoot) and the OMM missions only, and they told us about it long before it happened. They aren't going to make an RoF partisan one time reward go from X% in level 100 to nothing or nerfed.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Silv like this.
  9. Silv Augur

Well... with our setup we can keep the 7 - 8 mobs mezzed indefinitely with 2 Enchanters. Possibly 1 Enchanter but that hasn't happened and no reason to really risk screwing up the raid. On mez at least, it appears there is only a certain amount of reduction in duration. If people are having issues with it then maybe it's just a strat issue - no offense intended to whoever.
  10. gcubed Augur

That would be true only if SOE cared enough about the idea to make it a design goal at the beginning of the development process.

If they didn't chances are it will take a lot more than just tuning.
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Nah, we got it worked out pretty early on, actually. Though the lagfest that was the raid before they fixed that portion led to some surprises. As a melee, I actually don't target the mobs to see what their mez timers look like, I'm too busy targeting whatever I'm beating on. =P
  12. Silv Augur

Wasn't saying you didn't have your own way of doing it, was just pointing out that the mez timer isn't an issue for some strats. No two guilds are the same :)

Anyhow, on topic of TDS... yeah... after the revelation of the 'we're only putting half of the class template items in chests (as we saw with Tier 2 COTF), I'm hoping this isn't a repeat/norm unless the templates are consolidated.
  13. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Hope they don't go forward with the Spell Focus AAs. It's not like casters don't have to rely on new items for foci and what not.
  14. Iila Augur

It'll be the new Alaran language requirements.
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

Its going to be great for the caster class that relies on at least 10 spells and 5 different spell focus lines to do his damage. To now also have to work at 5 AA focus spell lines on top of it. Must be nice to have 3 spells and 2 focus effects (which really amount to a tiny boost) and be at 85% of your full power.
  16. Atlans Lorekeeper

and now for something totally different........

It is totally goofy I know, but I would love for them to have dinosaur head drops that can be crafted and placed on your walls like the kangon, selyrah, goral heads from the Veil of Alaris.

My house needs mounted dinosaur heads on the wall to be complete!!!!
    Wayylon likes this.
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

Same way people cancel their 27 accounts, I'd wager. :)
    -Rat
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Iila like this.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

There's still the Portal in Shards landing that could kinda use a zone to go with it.
    Also this is an excellent oppertunity to perhaps exceed expectations with the new expansion.
    Imagine if the expansion comes with 8 zones (still low by EQ standards) - and they pop out another zone or two in the spring as a surprise? Suddenly expectations exceeded. (Thereby balancing CotF off)
    -Rat
  19. Porterz73 Augur

Thought I would bring this thread back to life as this response to 1 of my earlier posts seems somewhat ironic now... I think shards landing Partisan is now 6% from the good old 25%
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

Lisandra likes this.