The Darkened Sea Info

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Riou EQResource

Posted up some of the info for the Expansion: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=116683

Will have more Screenshots and stuff during the Expansion Panel, it is in roughly 3.5 hours on http://twitch.tv/soe if you can't watch it Live, that topic will probably be updated or include new posts with new info :D

Will also add new info from the Panels when find them, or if people there wanna fill in cliffnotes! :D
  2. Lord of Flies New Member

Do you happen to know if this expansion will be released in part by part or if we'll actually get a decent amount of content with the release of the expansion?

I'm sure I can't be the only one who's annoyed with the way SoE's presented the last two expansions ( although RoF was a lot better than Cotf IMHO, least we got 4 tiers with RoF )
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  3. Riou EQResource

Not sure on that yet, hopefully they will say which way it is during their Keynote (in about 2 hours from now) :)

I imagine it will be all at once though, since it was mentioned that they have other bonus zones done or near done they can release for celebrations through out the year
  4. Lord of Flies New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the response Riou, have a great time at live :)
  5. Riou EQResource

6. Deillusional Augur

Riou, try to find out how many raids they be ta. (sorry for double post responded to wrong thread initially).
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

8. Riou EQResource

Released to Press
  9. RangerGuy Augur

My big questions:

How much of the expansion is being released initially?
    How many raids in total? At release if we are still following the staggered model?
    How many actual AA for each class?
    Will all classes be gaining power or will we have a repeat of CoTF launch for some and CoTF end for others were we actually take steps backwards?
  10. Riou EQResource

EQ Keynote Panel in ~10 minutes on Twitch
  11. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Surprisingly, the zones look.... good.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

All 8 zones will be at launch, not split like CotF
  13. Riou EQResource

Spell Focus AA to be added in the darkened sea, casters will have to buy spell focus lines via AA to enhance certain spells or spell lines, so they aren't as front loaded vs Melee having to gear up for their gains

Beta around the beginning of September, sign ups soon

Will have more zone SS looks and Heros Forge Robe examples and such within an hour or so (since it is still going on)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. sojuu Augur

Will we need to do missions to unlock access higher tiered zones? Or everything unlocked right away?
  15. silku Augur

I hope they are locked behind progression.
    Coldfury and Yinla like this.
  16. sojuu Augur

I agree I liked that style much better
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Only 8 zones?
  18. Gumlakx Augur

I agree. I enjoyed HoT progression, even though I wasn't overly quick at completing it.
  19. Axxius Augur

No ship-to-ship combat! :(
    Whitecloudx likes this.
  20. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

preorder cancelled.