Thank you developers for awesome patch notes!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xerzist, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Sinestra Augur

I just forgot to add Guild Lobby to Valley of Lunanyn as I copy/pasted " zonelines between this zone and PoK" into each line and then edited them.
  2. KC13 Augur

No Rangers in my stable. No Zerkers either.
  3. KC13 Augur

Other than the increased XP, why go. In the most recent zones you had many perks to XP there. Serpent Seeker's charm, Wanderlust loadstone, progressive quests, Hero's Journey. Any of those in these new zones?
  4. Zalmonius Augur

Its a 25% XP bonus for hunting in a hot zone. It's not like it's a game breaker for you to XP in places you want to. That said, Franklin Teek and the other guy have quests reflecting the new hot zones you can always go to. Yes, they've deviated from Hero's Journey quest line, but they, that means there's even more content for you to explore now (new hot zones AND hero's journey!)

There's so much game out there, I've leveled up around 6 characters to 90+ in the past year using my favorite zones, not hot zones. It's really not that big of a handicap, I promise =P.
  5. Jonny Panic Augur

You're not reading his post correctly. Not all of them count from PoK. WoS and Undershore are 1 zone away from Guild Lobby and it says so. There are Lobby port stones for all of them, as well as Argath. Arguing travel time from PoK instead of Lobby, GH, Baz or Nexus is relatively meaningless, since while it does take YOU time to zone from one to the other, your buffs no longer count down in any of them.
  6. Jonny Panic Augur

I'm certain the prior zones were particularly beneficial to those following the Hero's Journey. However, that was not the original point of hotzones, and xp from 1 to 50 comes easily anyways even if you don't abuse the much-overused idea of riding a tank merc to 60.

Hotzones were originally introduced to get the population out to zones that generally saw less action otherwise, to encourage gathering and encourage people to see more of the game world. Players following the HJ will most certainly find those TSS zones with or without the hotzone bonus, I'm sure.

This list does a fair job of what hotzones were intended to do. If you wanna follow the bonus xp (which is only around what? +20%?), then yer gonna have to go to out of the way places and experience new things.

Oh the horror, I'm sure. =P
  7. Axxius Augur

o_O

/nitpick
  8. Jonny Panic Augur

I'm not nitpicking. You meant there is no Argath stone in POK, Sinestra was talking about Guildhall port stones, and you two were getting your wires crossed. The confusion was causing friction. I merely rendered clarification.

/shootthemessenger
  9. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

If the selection of new hot zones is what's either keeping you in the game or pushing you out, you're not going to be playing long anyway.
  10. RaceCondition Augur

Thank you for the new hotspots!
  11. Sinestra Augur

As with my post, he is nitpicking the fact that you said Lobby stones when the port is actually in the Hall.
  12. Siddar Augur

Not bad.

-- Level 20 - Warslik's Wood = meh
    -- Level 25 - Marus Seru = meh
    -- Level 30 - Frontier Mountains = Good
    -- Level 35 - The Dawnshroud Peaks = meh
    -- Level 40 - Jaggedpine Forest = meh
    -- Level 45 - Burning Woods = Good
    -- Level 50 - Corathus Creep = Good
    -- Level 55 - The Bloodfields = Good
    -- Level 60 - Undershore = Good
    -- Level 65 - Plane of Air = ???? this is just not a grouper friendly zone at level 65. Earth or Fire would have been better choices.
    -- Level 70 - Wall of Slaughter = Good
    -- Level 75 - Oceangreen Hills = Good lots of quests in this zone to enhance exp rate even more.
    -- Level 80 - Hills of Shade = Good lots of quests.
    -- Level 85 - Old Bloodfields = Good lots of quests
    -- Level 90 - Valley of Lunanyn = Truely ugly zone. I know it was meant to be that way but the place just turns me off and mobs wandering paths are terrible.
    -- Level 90 - The Grounds = Good its really a level 87 zone not 90 but its a good place for grouping.
  13. Lazy automation Elder

-- Level 40 - Jaggedpine Forest - 3 zonelines between this zone and PoK
    actually its GL(magus)->nedaria-> JPF so even JPF is close.
  14. KC13 Augur

Something I noticed today that I hadn't thought of. Teek's quests.
    ..................Old....................New
    Level 20......CR....................WW
    Level 25......BM....................MS

Zones
    Between.......1........................5
    Quests

Just one example, other quests were also progressive throughout the old TSS hotzones for the most part.....