Thank you DBG But I am staying on Mischief this Year

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xazier, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triconix Augur

Velious is garbage. Almost every expansion after it is superior. Velious is a barren wasteland of nothing to do
  2. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

The lore was good. Thats about it.
  3. Manafasto Augur

For me everything after OoW is garbage. Mine and your taste do not match everyone's taste. I understand placing yourself in someones shoes is difficult but you should try. I personally did not like the avenue they were taking after OoW, DoN was meh and DoDH was horrible.
  4. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

How did you feel about SoF, SoD, RoF, and EoK?
  5. Slaytanik Elder

I'd be willing to bet that alot of people will come to Yelinak from Mischief. Why do you think Mischief guilds are starting to pump up recruiting again on the different channels?

It always happens. People will go to Yelinak cause they just can't get away from the Classic - Kunark game.
  6. Manafasto Augur

I barely touch live since OoW. I did do a stint on Vox as a necro but EQ after OoW became to empty and bloated. Each expansion seemed to have some interesting content but I could not tell you after DoDH which expansion brought what. I play what is available free to me. There has not been an expansion since DoDH that I purchased.

EQ has never kept up with updating their model and to many people have left the game. MMO's survive on churning and it is not happening for EQ except on TLP's. They do bring nostalgia players back. Live on the other hand ughhh.... people do not really talk, grabbing a group during the leveling process barely ever happens in my case, and it seems everyone is boxing. I am sure there is some really good aspects to some expansions but I read and experience more negative than good. Many people who play with me on TLPs state I should try to stay for TSS. This is the expansion that helps retain veterans.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So you have actually played every expansion after Velious?

I have played every single expansion except ToL, which I only beta-tested some raids for, so I feel like I have a qualified opinion on every expansion EXCEPT ToL.

Because I have not played ToL I simply cannot say if it is a good one or a bad one - my knowledge of it is too limited to have a qualified opnion about it.

I have a feeling you are passing judgement upon expansions about which you have no first-hand knowledge, if so that is a really stupid argument.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  8. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

So then you didn't play expansions after OOW. Yet you feel you have an innate qualification to rate them poorly. Got it.
  9. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

So how did you feel about CotF? I feel like it got a bad rap but I personally thought it was a decent xpac and I liked how the HA's kind of brought an element of LDON back to the game.
  10. Manafasto Augur

Timmyboi you need to learn to read.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I played through everything in various groups & then boxed it all afterwards, I really enjoyed it, kinda felt like LDoN 2.0

What disappointed me was how the HA "System" was poorly utilised afterwards, TDS had HA's that felt very unrewarding, almost like an over-correction, TBM HA I can't say if they were good or not because I never got to play them in their original state only their f**ked up over-tuned versions, and EoK HA's were just super crap risk vs reward & took way too long.
    Barton likes this.
  12. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Oh my bad. You didn't play 31% of the game. You played 37% of the game.
  13. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

TBM HAs weren't bad before they screwed up the tuning with their scaling crap. My main gripe about that was the artificial inflation of "content" by making you do them multiple times for progression. Agree that EoK HAs were junk but I feel the rest of the EoK xpac was terrific.
    Barton and Skuz like this.
  14. Manafasto Augur

You are still showing your ignorance.
  15. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Enlighten me then. I can't wait
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Are you referring just to the overly dragged out level 70 era?

On Live that whole stretch was a very mixed bag.
    Omens was brilliant, Hanvar event being one that aged the worst.
    DoN felt way too small and only Vishimtar felt like a really well designed event
    DoDH was a raiding gem in that it had some really novel raid mechanics, albeit the sisters event aged really badly even during the live era. However I am very critical of its group mission system & I blame that for a large loss of the pick up grouping scene.
    PoR was problematic, it had some good aspects and some very bad, the main problem was how it felt so disconnected from within itself, it tried to do too many things maybe and should have focused on a smaller section of the story it was going for, Ayonae Ro as an event was so massively unnpopular & such a huge anti-climax that it almost single-handedly wrecked the ongoing impression of that expansion and even after several reworks still plays poorly because the entire design of the central mechanic underpinning it is so bad conceived.
    PoR gets an unfairly bad rap, but mostly I think because it was on the tail end of a very long level-era which mean that class development felt more limited & even stifled despite attempts to offer some class development with auras, by the time PoR launched players were already bored to death of Level 70.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  17. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Yeah the 70 era is awful. I think they should expedite it on some TLPs going forward. Like maybe 3 weeks of each DoN, DoDH, and PoR. Things get so much better from TSS and onward that it's a shame the 70 era causes so many people to burn out, even though they have every intention of sticking it out.
  18. Manafasto Augur

If I am playing for free currently on FV, how many expansions are free to play? Just because players do not act as a drug addict and feel these expansions are being stepped on, am I suppose to continue to support the product? Am I suppose to not have a voice? I mean I have stuck around but do not purchase any expansions. They get my money from bags and subscription due to the TLP experience.

I could not tell you what part of EQ I am actually playing because of how bloated the game has become. You seem to be a fanboi and they can do no wrong. They should encourage their users to provide feedback. The UX is an important part of all products. All players voices matter and if their products is not meeting expectations or unable to churn new users, maybe it is time for a revamp of the product.
  19. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Xpacs up to TBL are FTP. If you don't even know what part of EQ you're playing, that just further reinforces my position that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I never said that DPG can do no wrong. They absolutely can, have, and will continue to screw things up massively. However there's a ton of stuff they do right too. It's just irksome when the Classic-OOW cultists keep propagating the idea that EQ past X expansion is bad when they haven't played EQ past X expansion. In fact, as Skuz said, that's why they say they're bad. Because they feel uncomfortable by parts of the game that are new to them and they don't want to learn. So they go back to their little mud-puddle TLP treadmill of familiarity so they can snack on their member berries and feel like they're good at EQ because they keep playing the same small portion of it over and over again.

You're just mad that you tried to make an audacious assertion about something that you didn't know anything about, and I called you out on it.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I see F2P players as being "added content" for the paying ones, helping support the vibrancy of the game and the economy of live servers, were live servers entirely missing plat-injecting bot-crews F2P players would mostly fulfil their role in the Krono macro-economy.

You do actually support the game just by playing it, even if you spent none of your money, you are spending your time here, and your time benefits the game indirectly.
    code-zero and Chikkin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.