Thank you DBG But I am staying on Mischief this Year

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xazier, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xazier Elder

Thank you DBG for clearing up the questions, at least this gives me more of a reason to stay on Mischief this year rather than trying out your new servers.
    Delphwind, Appren, Legends and 3 others like this.
  2. Xanathol Augur

Completely agree - those may be the two worst servers in a long time, save Miragul. Yelinak couldn't be more boring and Vaniki is a complete cluster of a ton of bad ideas rolled into one (haphazard level locks vs content, encouraged zerging, item and spell restriction manipulations, too fast in many stretches, etc, etc). The fact they stated a 'strong demand' for a classic TLP might be the funniest comment though.
    Legends, rangerous and wade_watts like this.
  3. Zealot1340 Lorekeeper

All the best with your continued enjoyment of Mischief.
    Murashu and Omani like this.
  4. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

Can’t compute all the Miragul hate. One of the funnest TLP’s I was ever on. Yeah for only six months, but still…
  5. Xazier Elder

Well I guess DBG is about to find out lol.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

Why are people acting like its a bad thing to stay on a server thats not the MOST recent TLP?
  7. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I kinda feel like Miragul would've been much better if it had started in TSS at level 1
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  8. Zansobar Augur

DPG doesn't care as long as you stay subbed rewarding them for their innovations.
  9. Xazier Elder

Oh they care, they want new accounts made with bags and people purchasing stuff from the store. They will still get that, just not from me this year.
    asdfbot likes this.
  10. Haak Augur

Honestly, a great question. That's like being at the water park as a kid, and your parents inform you that you will not be leaving to do mini-golf after all. Doesn't quite have the sting when you're too busy tubing down the slides, having the time of your life. So you'd think these Mischief stans who absolutely love that ruleset wouldn't mind another year there.
  11. Xazier Elder

Would of loved a fresh start for Random/Free-Trade, but am so glad they announced exactly what these servers are and cleared up the speculation. Now I can just stay and enjoy myself for another year on Mischief, Which most of my guild all 273 of us are staying as well.
  12. Haak Augur

This is how Darkpaw should be doing things every year. They'll keep a solid base of DiabloQuesters in-place and subbed on Mischief, while also appealing to those who skipped it last year with Yelinak, or those who just want something radically different with Vaniki. Much better for their bottom line to increase subs overall, rather than simply shuffle the existing ones from one server to another.
    Murashu likes this.
  13. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Yes. All 273 of you. Indeed.
    Murashu likes this.
  14. Xazier Elder

just my guild, Don't know about any other guilds.
  15. wade_watts Augur

Yeah, surprisingly nobody was really leaving the guild I'm in on Mischief either. I have a couple PST folks that normally lose people pending a new TLP but sounds like everyone on Mischief is staying. These garbage rulesets should bode well for the Mischief population.
  16. Krimmz The Lizard Journeyman

easy mode, instant gratification players want to stay on their easy mode, instant gratification server..

Checks out.
  17. Vlahkmaak Augur

The strong demand came from their accounting dept cause they know classic TLP will result in bag sales and krono sales. Still, was hoping for a BST from classic start though /sadpanda.
  18. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Everyone's gonna bail at the last minute once they see that's the direction the bandwagon is headed and as they approach expansions that they're unfamiliar with and scared of.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Strong bag and krono sales would indicate a strong demand from the player base wouldn't it? Or are you suggesting the accounting dept is the ones buying all those?
  20. Noobnoob Journeyman

Actually I just reread the ruleset and realize what this means, it means I will be staying on Project 1999, because there's no real difference or reason to start on this server if it's basically the same, except they include the horrific new Freeport and Desert of Ro zones. Honestly saves me cash though. I was looking forward to instancing and random loot, you know, removing the most f-ed up thing about classic Everquest. Now that one guild that is dominant, where the members have no jobs or life, will be the one raiding, while everyone else just sits and watches. What were they thinking? Who actually asked for this??? I read the forums and I didn't see anyone say "straight classic please, no twists".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.