Test Update 9/12/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 12, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

September 20, 2023

*** Highlights ***

- Released DirectX 11 to the Test server for open testing. Please see Test Update Notes on the forums for details.
    - Temporarily enabled the Encounter Lock feature on the Test server. This will be removed after the Live update.
    - Improved the loading time of Overseer agent windows.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Pit Fight (Raid) - The event will only message you about failing the Unshattered achievement once, and will no longer do so when you have not failed that achievement.

*** Spells ***

- Bard - Corrected the spell timer for Nord's Disdain.
    - Magician - Corrected an issue that prevented Remorseless Servant (Level 105) from being properly focused by Enhanced Minion XXV.
    - Necromancer - Corrected an issue that prevented Call Skeleton Mob (Level 105) from being properly focused by Enhanced Minion XXV.
    - Player spells with Stun and SpinStun effects that do not have explicit level caps set in data will now stun targets up to level 55 in all zones, rather than level 52 in some zones and level 55 in others.
    - - The stun levels will be more clearly displayed in their spell descriptions.

*** Overseer ***

- Improved the loading time of Overseer agent windows.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Encounter Locked NPCs will now properly check whether they should attack a player's charmed pet.
    - Encounter Locked NPCs will no longer unlock, when picking a target outside their lock group, if someone on their hate list can still attack them.
    - NPCs spawned with a loot lock on servers with the Encounter Lock ruleset will now also be Encounter Locked to the person that spawned them.
    - Fixed an issue where the Legacy Experience Bonus was reduced after losing a level, even though the account still had at least 10 max level characters.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The /follow command now supports the name of another player, as an argument, in place of targeting that player.
    - Added the /swarm command with arguments "qattack", "attack", and "leave".
    - - These commands have identical effects as the /pet qswarm, /pet swarm, and /pet swarmleave commands.
    - Fixed an issue where elemental damage was not being applied appropriately with ranged attacks.
    - Added the /extralife command that will open your browser to the Darkpaw Games team page for Extra Life.

*** UI ***

- Fixed an issue that would cause slow loading of items in tradeskill containers when experimenting.
    - Fixed an issue that would cause items in the hotbar to not update properly.
    - Added a Reset button to the Barter Search window that clears the search text.
    - Added a search box to the Dragon's Hoard window.
    - Fixed an issue where UI windows moved with the right-click arrange options were not saving their new positions.
    - Split the Achievements chat filter into Achievements (You) and Achievements (Others).
    - Added a chat filter for Food and Drink messages.
    - Added item quantity to the confirmation message when looting a stack of NO TRADE items.

- Changed -

EQUI_BarterSearchWnd.xml
    EQUI_DragonHoardWnd.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Fixed an issue that prevented the Stone Cold Summer event from running on some eligible progression servers.
    - Fixed a client crash when closing the Parcel window.
    - Added a replay timer of 2.5 days to all Agent of Change instances.

- The EverQuest Team
    Nniki, Skuz and Hobs like this.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Seems that I was ahead of time as that argument got added to my Slash Commands list long ago. :)
    Just like you...
  3. JasonS New Member

I have a couple computers i use to run Everquest with AMD 2200G's with onboard GPUs. They ran okay before but the new minimum specs are similar to my CPU performance but for GPU the minimum spec is about 250% faster than my GPU when looking at benchmarks.

Will it still run the same?
  4. Bernel Augur

Whoo!!
  5. Pikollo Augur

Did the reset device crash bug make it in? Or bank lag when you open your bank?
  6. Riou EQResource

You would have to log on Test and try.

The minimum specs they list is probably just the weakest PC's they have access to, if you actually compare the specs nvidia gpu vs amd gpu and amd cpu vs intel cpu and the suggested intel igpu in the Q&A portion, the gaps between some of them are quite large, anywhere from 1.5x to 30x in general performance.

The difference I've noticed most vs live not counting the bugged parts are model/texture loading seems to cause FPS to get choppy, but dunno if this is related to a bug or not.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Yes, as GPU does not matter much in modern EQ. It made a big difference in the past (anno 2000) to have a 3D card and which one (Vodoo, Banshee, etc.), but maybe just for the 2D features of those cards.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I just wandered around Steamfont (and Guild Lobby and Plane of Knowledge) and the game is far more laggy than on live. I can only hope that this will be better as it gets optimized. Right now it is highly annoying (almost unplayable).

I kind of was expecting (hoping) for the opposite, that it would be even smoother since it can now use all new sorts of instruction sets that are optimized for stuff. It also can use the GPU more, offloading stuff from the CPU. Instead, it was worse.

It is at the beginning stages with Darkpaw just trying to get it to work at all and I hope that the optimization steps that come next will make a huge difference. "Get it to work first, then get it to work well".
  9. Swiss Augur

I'm confused how this is "corrected". Bards have used 2 different insult timers for a very long time(since synergy was added?) with a few issues along the way but now we will only be able to use 1 insult. Which really limits where you can place it in melody and removes all synergy benefit during quick time increasing melody songs from 10~ to 12~.

Only 2 songs work with synergy currently, Nord's disdain(timer 3 soon to be 6) and Sogran's Insult(timer 6).

Currently you can fairly easily fit 4 insults into a 10 song melody with a lot of flexibility depending on preference for when you want them landing, after the change it will be 3 and their location in the melody will not be flexible at all.

Currently during quick time you could increase the insult casts because everything else was sped up in cast time but the recast timer stayed the same so after this patch we will be limited to only 3 insults even during QT because we don't have a 2nd timer to play with.

It would be nice to know if this was an intentional ADPS nerf and will this be the standard going forward or will we be getting timer 3 back with the expansion?
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

"- The /follow command now supports the name of another player, as an argument, in place of targeting that player."

Good change. Most players have macros like

/pause 5, /target Tucoh
    /follow

The pause is necessary because /target ostensibly requests info from the server and reduces responsiveness. A couple years ago I started leveraging the extended target window for my team, which is more responsive. My boxes will set up their extended target windows to have Tucoh as extended target slot 7 and my follow commands are

/xtar 7
    /follow

The other similar way I use this is with assisting, where "/assist Tucoh" also requests info from the server, so you need a pause. I've adapted to using xtar for this also to shortcut that.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think its always been like this on the no level increase expansions.
    Nords 3 6, sograns 6
    yelinaks, omordens timer 3
    sathirs, travenros 6
    Tsaths, fjilnauks 3
    kaficus, garaths 6
    Nords should have been 6 to match sograns but I guess nobody noticed till now. But notice that when the new expac hits we get one new insult (probably) and it should be timer 3 so you can use that with Nords.
    Swiss likes this.
  12. Sancus Augur

The spell timers are now consistent, but the problem is the development of Synergy has changed such that every other rank allows dual insulting for proccing Synergy. Upgrading ranks can now reduce your ADPS potential from Synergy (because you upgrade from a dual proccing rank to a single proccing rank), which really doesn't make very much sense.
    Swiss, Metanis and Svann2 like this.
  13. runnienoz New Member

Consider decreasing spawn time on "a shady goblin" from 24 hours to something more reasonable. You've done this in the past with "an angry goblin" being reduced to a 15(?) minute timer.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A port is not the same as something developed natively, so what is on test right now is a bog basic thing that will be in need of some tweaks & lots of optimisations to get it running as good as live and eventually better, it will take time.

It will also take testing & players highlighting the issues they come across to speed that whole process up, so the more on test playing & reporting stuff the better.
    klanderso and Scila like this.
  15. leaola Journeyman

should this work?
    amd radeon vega 3 with lvls 12.1 12.0 11.1 11.0 10.1 10 . 9.3-.0
    win 10 build 19045
    systum man. atari
    model vcs 800 classic
    proc. amd ryzen embedded r1606g with radeon vega Gfx , 2600 mhz 2 core 4 logical
    installed ram 8
    useable ram ~5.5

i try to pick test server and 3 seconds later i am at empty desk top. yes its an atari vcs. live servers normally work but i do have to restart about once a week because i get a weird message and crash on entering world but restating fixes.

ok never mind it will let me enter if i set res to 800x 640 on launcher.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Whats up with last weeks patch notes being redated to tomorrows date?
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Isn't that usual? They change the date and post it as the live update tomorrow
  18. Captain Video Augur

A new Test patch is happening this afternoon with patch notes pending. That's why there is another open thread. I am assuming this is going to be DX11 updates we will need to test in a hurry.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea thats what confused me. When I see a new test patch notice I try to log in test and then check the eqnews.txt file since that often gets the notes before forums do. Today the file says 9/20 but its the notes I already read last week. I want new notes!
  20. MasterMotor1 New Member

Still cant load in correctly Just crashes at Char select...again for the last week... About to lose my business if this goes to live