Test Update 5/19/16 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 19, 2016.

1. dentenks New Member

All 3 of my accounts were affected by this. Only 1 character was created within the last 2-3 weeks. The other 2 have been on test for over a year.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Looks like it's crashing again.
  3. JChan Developer

Investigating.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

What do we do if it goes down tomorrow or Sunday?
  5. JChan Developer

The Operations team will restart it. We're working on getting their alerting for the server working again.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. JChan Developer

... and we're back up. Also our Operations team should be getting alerts now when Test crashes. Please continue to post here when Test crashes in case the alerting doesn't work.
  7. Gohtenn New Member

Was afk in PoK during this last crash. Came back and character is gone. No level 1 pally or anything like that, character is just deleted from account lol. Not a new character so nothing due to rollback or anything

Haven't seen anyone else with this issue yet.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Lag went from 90 ms to 262 ms again.
  9. JChan Developer

Please put in a /bug with the character name from the same account that the character is missing from. (/bug will gather other diagnostics from your account that we don't have available through the forums.)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

11. JChan Developer

Looks like we had some zone instability around that time earlier, but no world crash at that time.
  12. dentenks New Member

I know you guys are super busy, and I really appreciate your hard work. How long does this process generally take, a few days?
  13. JChan Developer

Right now we're trying to figure out how each character got into the state where they got corrupted or deleted. Once we've determined how they reached that point and have patched out a fix to the server for that particular case then we'll go through and restore the ones reported in /bug for the test server to the most recent archive that we can find.
    Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Test is down again. (Possibly related to what you're working on)
  15. --Voodoo-- Augur

16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Down again. Seems to be going down about every 1 to 2 hours now.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

[IMG]

Just a little humor to help us through this bad stretch of down time.
    D4RKC4RN1E likes this.
  18. zedanx New Member

Hopefully this doesn't last through the weekend.
  19. --Voodoo-- Augur

Ops team gone for the day? Been down a few hours now...
  20. Lenivaya Journeyman

So out of curiosity, how prevalent is this bug to be turned into a lvl 1 paladin?
    And, guess for the devs, how much would possibly be lost through the 'archive' file after restoration?
    I've been a bit busy lately, so unable to play (visiting gf's parents, not much time or reason to play) and wasn't aware of the downtime until today, when I read this post.
    Went to log on a bit ago and noticed it was down, so guess no playing before bed tonight.

And does it require logging on for the char to get corrupted / become a paladin?
    Or should I cycle my accounts and make sure char screen reads correctly on all of them, whenever I notice Test is actually up?