Test Update 5/19/16 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 19, 2016.

1. D4RKC4RN1E New Member

test is down again... BIG surprise...
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It hasn't happened to me but seems to hit new characters and new /testcopies only and only after they try to zone out of the bazaar.
  3. dentenks New Member

It happened to my toons after making an instance with Agent of Change. 2 of which are over a year old, the other is 2-3 weeks old.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It is one nasty bug for sure. Sorry that it hit you but at least they can restore your characters once they get it fixed and patched.
  5. Dokgoki New Member

I'm sorry you guys with the new test copies has to go through with this, before the crashes I was actually gonna try out a pally on test. nope not anymore, they are bringing us bad luck!!! lol I'm sure by next week things will be back to normal. they got stuff backed up, so whoever lost what will get it back for sure.
  6. JChan Developer

It looks like the alerting broke again. We're bring the server back up now and investigating what happened to the alerting system.
  7. zedanx New Member

Maybe the Ops team can go old school and log a character into the server from time to time to verify functionality.
    goladith likes this.
  8. Tendiarea New Member

The level 1 pally bug hit my Test-made bard and wizard. This has nothing to do with the bazaar and /testcopy exclusively. I wouldn't rule those two factors out completely, but it seems pretty random right now.
  9. mindman New Member

For some reason, my characters language switches to ogre from common randomly. This has only happened in guild and group chat. He's my only copy from FV and has only happened on him.
  10. Mertozz-VS New Member

well, R.I.P. test server :((
  11. gotwar Gotcharms

An update for my fellow Test addicts, as well as for the devs (if this is redundant info, i apologize):

Test *seems* stable (knock on wood) on a server level, ~24hrs uptime as of 12:30pm PST.

Characters are getting individual crashes, some are affected, some are not. You crash to character select and can immediately pop back in. Some chat lag spikes and an overral higher ping (about ~30ms higher depending on your distance from the server over here on the west coast).

Level 1 paladin bug seems to still be happening, but someone mentioned a couple relog's should fix that? I have no idea how accurate that info is. Apparently the paladin issue happening *now* (this may not be true for other paladin bugged toons) is related to a bounced/missed/bugged request for your accounts character list to the server. Again, dont take this as scripture, it's a second hand report.

Edit: if you get paladin bugged, don't log the toon in - relog a few times, and if it's still not fixed, log the character in and /bug halp, ive been turned into a level 1 paladin, i was a level XXX <insert class here> named <insert name here>, created <insert date here> on the <insert server here> server.

Edit2: as of 12:40 PM PST, universal chat service has crashed.

I am going to go ahead and schedule a raid this week to test the Velishan ICe form fix Prathun snuck in last patch. Am hoping things go OK. Test isn't dead and thanks to all who are being patient with the devs. Major internal issues like this aren't always easy to pinpoint and fix, and these guys are already overworked. Thanks to Jchan for sticking with us and being communicative once all this stuff started falling, and to all the devs/engineers at DB tinkering over our poor little box at Daybreak (and the data center? not sure if you guys host the Test/Beta box in house or offsite like the others)

Development @ daybreak, if you need anything from us please let us know. Information collection is about all we can do, but there are enough of us with software XP to provide a small QA team if necessary. IDK how useful packet captures or other diagnostic data collection would be to you you guys on an internal database error, but we can do it you feel it would help. We're here, use us if you need us.

You may now continue your regularly scheduled doomsaying and ocean of tears deposits.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. zedanx New Member

And Test is down again.
  13. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Gotwar had to be all optimistic and stuff...

lol
    gotwar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. gotwar Gotcharms

I lold when it went down. Hope is the fire in which we all burn =}
  15. bringo322 New Member

Hi friends and devs. Test is still down. Fun times.
  16. JChan Developer

Ok, we're going to keep it down for a bit so that we can deploy some more fixes. We targeting getting the Test server up today.
  17. Gallexy Faraway New Member

Thanks for the update!
    Bob_KY likes this.
  18. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Any ETA?
  19. Bob_KY Journeyman

Went from just being down to being locked. LOL
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  20. bringo322 New Member

Uhh the message you're replying to has an ETA in it, try reading a little harder I guess

Why is that funny? That means they're working on it.