Test Update 4/13/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 13, 2022.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The camel done broke for me with two 'fix it quick' patches to an ill conveyed change, that was going to happen no matter what, and is going to stay.

I tested that first day the patch dropped, and chimed in here about the decaying skeleton issue.

Then tested again, and noted all the talk of Pickpocket and Disarm.

Then tested again on the third day, and noted all the talk about Headshot and Charm changes.

Then started a post about the issues and proposed a possible solution that works within the streamlined system and doesn't require moving mobs (vis a vis the IVU and SeeInvis issues).

I agree in theory, no single change of those made was a 'hard pass forever' thing to me. But deep down I really didn't like the idea of any of them changing things that, while minor, seem really good examples of the Dungeons and Dragons flavor and game mechanics we used to have, for many years.

To be fair, they only really completely pulled 'magic' weapons as a distinction, any other changes just moved mob classification but kept the body type specific mechanics, and maintained pickpocket with some small changes.

In the end, if the body types change had to happen in this way, THEY could have foreseen every one of these side effects, that had to be knee jerk patched. None of us on the boards have access to any code, but with a few moments of THOUGHT, well versed players imagined all sorts of unintended consequences.

It indicates their lack of broad knowledge about their own game.

I'm watching a slow motion train wreck, it's not off the rails yet, but it's careening around the mountain, and Casey Jones long ago left the building <embed song you know I'm thinking of here>. Maybe they'll get it in line, and switched to the right track...

Sadly, I'm left with the feeling I can't shake for several years now, and already stated as a prediction some time ago (gave it 7 years at the time). If this game is still around 4 years from now; will the lag be fixed, and with all the changes to accomplish that, and all the other changes, for whatever reason, produce a game you're still going to want to play?

Sorry to be a downer. I'm sure I'll pop in from time to time. But for now

Be excellent to each other.
    And party on dudes!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, kizant and B0HICA like this.