Test Update 4/13/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 13, 2022.

1. NyteShayd Elder

And now you have the choice of either throwing huge cash at Velious raids or doing less DPS.
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

This is impressively hyperbolic for a change that took 23 years to make.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Haak Augur

Hey now, I've wanted Ogre monks for ages, and I've been told how silly that would be because it makes absolutely no sense within the lore of the game. We finally see the writing on the wall. Let me have this...
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So many things in this game make no sense at all and this is what you are complaining about? What about being able to unequip and reequip all your gear while in combat? What about keeping dozens of sets of full gear on you with no problem? What about rogues pick pocking a mobs head while fighting them and they don't die?

There are hundreds of things that don't really make sense in this game.
  5. Warpeace Augur

You left out all the backpacks we wear at once.
  6. Truetotheblue Augur

What about all the various rideable beasts and other things we apparently store on a ring??
    Hobitses likes this.
  7. Haak Augur

I continue to try and demonstrate the silliness of my posts by bringing attention to Ogre monks, but I can see the farce is going over some heads so let me be real for a moment: I don't actually care about this change one way or another.

My only real concern is how it's going to affect disarm. Can we disarm (and subsequently pick up) weapons we previously couldn't? If so, the Rogue experience on Yelinak is going to be an absolute blast.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Wonder how Bane would interact with an aug. The best 1h aug is currently +14, but imagine an aug that was +7, and then Bane: +21 humanoid. Would it be worth using it for an extra 14 against humanoids while losing 7 against everything else?
  9. Truetotheblue Augur

I would imagine if the weapons can be disarmed and pickpocketed the gear can too. Tormax up in OW? Great... I'll take that Horn and other random items. Guess they might get their wish of not being useless in early expansions!
  10. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I am more concerned with the Dragon's Hoard which no self respecting dragon could fit their treasure in.
  11. Kolani Augur

Headshot should work on certain types of undead. What's the standard method for dealing with zombies? Destroy the brain. If that's not headshot I don't know what is.
  12. Judgementand New Member

Ya...it's not that big of a deal. By level 16-20 everyone is using all Magic weapons anyway, and the only instance you're talking about (where a non-magical arrow is "pretty good") is already greatly out-classed by other arrows at the level you can get it. It doesn't break anything and you'd have to farm them for days to have enough arrows to use anyway, which means it doesn't matter.
    NyteShayd likes this.
  13. NyteShayd Elder

If we're applying logic to a fantasy setting, anything with a definable head that uses it to operate its corporeal form should be a valid target. Animals, dragons, giants, gods...

I'm going to miss headshotting my way through the Norrathian pantheon, though.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, exactly. That's how headshot SHOULD work. Now, I have no problem making certain named mobs, quest mobs, or raid targets immune to headshot, but when it comes to trash mobs...if it has a head, it should be a valid headshot target.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

...and intelligence...should wear a helmet if it doesn't want to get headshot. :)
    Velisaris_MS and Svann2 like this.
  16. Hobs Elder

That doesn't work. A lot of the Alarans in the lower part of Valley of Lunanyn had helmets and it didn't keep them from getting headshot.
  17. Hobs Elder

I think Test should get an extension for the anniversary events. We've had issues for several weeks with instances either taking forever to load or not loading at all and then the last few days of instability. I think it's a reasonable request to ask for the anniversary content to be extended to May 11th to match Live so we get more time to do it.
  18. NyteShayd Elder

Meanwhile, you can decapitate absolutely anything, head or no head.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Removing Magical weapons was a huge mistake. And detrimental to melee PvP. Now people just get to disarm everyone. The magical tag was all that prevented it before.
    People keep going on about the fact that post 20 most weapons were magic. The problem is that is the only thing that prevents disarm from happening.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe instead of making nothing magic they should have made all weapons magic.