Test Update 4/13/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Kethir, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Kiani Augur

Can you say when the patch is going to go live? I know patches are usually 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month, but there's no date posted yet, and I'd like to see these changes sooner rather than later if possible!
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Unless there is an issue that prevents it the patch for Live servers including TLP will be this Wednesday. It's almost always 1 week after the patch for Test.
  3. Prathun Developer

I'm sorry, but we do not have an ETA on when a Howling Stones instance could be added.
    I'm hopeful that we can continue to announce things that the team would like to do in the future with the understanding that sometimes the future is a hotfix away or the next update while sometimes it's months out.
    Sheex and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Spooky Augur

HS will shortly be pointless. Can you work on fixing the stupid/imbalanced epics that dont align with the Phinigel principles instead? The community has done a good job telling you which parts are broken.
  5. Prathun Developer

We have no plans to rebalance the epic quests for the current wave of progression servers.
  6. Spooky Augur

Make some plans because the current state is ridiculous and the solutions are changing some spawn times and loot tables.
  7. Horathmir Elder

And by the same comment you made about Howling Stones being useless soon, Epic quest issue will resolve themselves in the same amount of time. And several of them will also be useless in a short period of time also.

So instead of wasting time this TLP cycle for something that will be ineffective also soon, they could concentrate on something else, far more important, and address the epic issue on the next TLP cycle when its relevant.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

To be fair - and maybe this will save you time/headaches - there is really not a long laundry list of things that need to be changed. The enchanter mob (Verina or whatever) in Neriak needs to have a much shorter respawn timer. The Broken Golem and Shissar in Fear need to spawn on zone up. The SK dude in Toxx (Marl-something?) needs to either not despawn on turn-ins or respawn much faster. And for bards either the Kunark BP's need to stop dropping from the triggered Trak OR the guts need to drop from the MotM Trak.

That's pretty much it. That's all off the top of my head, and I'm pretty confident I haven't forgotten anything important. The rest of the epics seem to be pretty satisfactory. So, five database changes total, four of which are spawn/respawn information. We're not talking about vetting all the quests and making sweeping rebalances of the individual steps for each epic.
  9. Tevik Augur

Is there a way to buy Rank 2 of Glyph of the Cataclysm now without buying rank 1, or is this effectively a nerf to the cost of the AA? (3 AA to buy rank 1 followed by 5 AA to buy rank 2)
  10. Brudal Augur

you only have to buy rank 1 once, after expending rank 2 you can buy rank 2 again
  11. Tevik Augur

Alright, so just a failure in converting stuff over to the new system, since I did have both purchased before the change.
  12. Brudal Augur

Worked fine for me, could be an issue with loyalty bought glyphs or some other issue.
  13. Eanelder Augur

But this does pose an issue.

(the following is based on my understanding and my experience from limited testing, please feel free to correct me)

Previously, I had the Rank 2 of the Gylph on a hot key. When I used that glyph, that hotkey would change and say "NOT AVAILABLE". This was my signal to repurchase, I would NOT be able to use it again until I did.

With this new change, I hit my hot key the AA is still available, but in Rank 1 version and (as far as I can tell) no indication that its only Rank 1. So on my next use Rank 1 is triggered and although I'm expecting rank 2, I am only getting rank 1. At this point the hot key would display "NOT AVAILABLE" and now I'm forced to spend 8AA (3 extra) to get the RANK 2 I want.

Pretty bad user experience.
  14. Angahran Augur

Any chance of getting the 'Glyph of' text removed from the hot keys for the glyphs ? Unless you have some really large hockey buttons all you see is 'Glyph of ..' and have to hover over to see full name.
    Also the hot keys are inconsistent, most say 'Glyph of' but a couple do not.

Another minor thing, why does damage Shield message say 'mob xyz has taken whatever damage from YOUR ....' ?
    No reason for 'YOUR' to be all capitals.
  15. Garanle Elder

Is there a header file for the spells_us file?
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Prathun, Jchan, Hludwolf, Dzarn or the new folks (sorry I am not familiar with all of your names yet!) can we get the patch from Live on April 22 for Test as well?
  17. JChan Developer

Soon(tm) as soon as we're confident there aren't any more fixes for this round that need to go in an emergency update.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. MabbuQuest Elder

Progression servers have the Plane of Time version of Innoruuk in Hate instances.
  19. MabbuQuest Elder

Also the presence of the Mighty buff on progression servers is breaking monk, necro and SK Feign Death.
  20. Angahran Augur

Quick question about the new timer column in the AA window.
    What exactly is it timing ? Is it refresh of the AA ? Duration ?
    Had a quick look at a couple and it didn'the appear obvious what it wasays for. Also, what's difference between a timer of 0 vs blank ?

Thanks.