Test Update 4/13/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Kethir, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Warpeace Augur

Not that I used it anyway but that bugged feature would crash me every time, if I went to LoN to get the free packs I would have to use the stand alone client anyway.
    Sancus and Prathun like this.
  2. Prathun Developer

We can run a script on spell landing, which is how the distance check on Anashti Sul: Damsel of Decay works. I don't believe we have any way to hook into a spell attempting to be cast.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Prathun Developer

I'll add that to the list of code features for a potential future update. No idea how difficult this would be to implement.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  4. Zalamyr Augur

Classes with a 100% proc rate AA can chew threw mana burn counters pretty quickly. In a raid environment it doesn't matter much, like you said, they'll all get used anyway. Just seems a bit silly to purposely lock out necros if the DoT interaction isn't overpowered anymore.
  5. Riou EQResource

Do Test dummies have Mana? Because that is not how the damage on line 1 works, it does 4.2 damage per 1 mana drained, but it has to drain mana to do damage. If Test Dummies have no mana it will do no damage.
  6. Axxius Augur

I hope if the caster successfully fades they still get removed from the rampage list? It would be 'fun' to drop aggro and then get rampaged...
  7. mackal Augur

They added a new SPA to all fade abilities, so that probably is what is doing it.
  8. Axxius Augur

Yeah, I assume SPA 478 moves you to the end of the rampage list. My concern is whether it happens before or after the actual fade.
  9. menown Augur

To answer your question, IDK. But I have tested this out on all sorts of NPCs, not just test dummies. I went to HoT and tested out on a bonecaster with the same results. The spell line has never worked as intended.

Also, I do know that all NPCs were given mana at some point in the game (maybe PoP?) even if they don't use it. That is why we can now mana tap any NPC in the game.
  10. Deloehne Augur

That is not how I read it. I read it that before the 4 seconds tick over any pet procced will be a weak pet.
    I swing that club 2 - 3 times a second with better than 80% hit rate, so in four seconds I might literally proc all 10 pets. If the weak pet blocks a strong pet at that point, then I will get at most 2 strong pets every 30 seconds, compared to at most 7 such pets in the same time period if the strong pet overwrites.
    I agree it's a minor nerf, but it seems against the spirit of the Imbued Ferocity AA that it reduce DPS rather than increase it.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

With the forthcoming DOT changes, Necros probably won't be stacking 15+ dots anymore anyway.
  12. Naugrin Augur

The stand alone patcher wasn't working for me for a long time but the ingame was oddly enough. Oh well guess I will have to see. I hope it works as I'm guessing the patcher for LoN is no longer supported by daybreak lol?
  13. Vrinda Augur

Wait, what? How do you do the check for the failed spell casting message, "Your target is out of range, get closer!"? I get that all the time with my various caster toons. And it happens as soon as you attempt to cast.

Also, if mana burn doesn't land due to an oor target, it shouldn't suck up 60k mana. I can't think of any other spell that eats your mana if the target is either oor or isn't a valid target (trying to cast an undead nuke on a live target, for example) for the type of spell.
  14. mackal Augur

Anashti Sul's distance check is special. The normal ones (as you see all the time) do not have any scripting hooks (is what I assume he meant)
    Prathun likes this.
  15. flash000 Augur

Prathun any chance that with the recent changes bards can get in on some stances for pulling and maybe for dps? ? Since the fade nerf it use to be we could drop songs and fade was reliable this was class design because we were squishy. Now with the proximity nerf bards loose alot of raid and group pull functions in areas we used to be able to.

Just feels like bards are lacking in any substantial upgrades for a while wondering if any ideas for the class has been thought out not sure if a bard dot increase would be worthwhile.that seems to be the direction to upgrades lately.

Thanks for any feedback
    Flash

Hiladdar likes this.
  16. mackal Augur

If I have to do something fancy to pull, I always do it on my bard. I haven't had any issues post nerf :/
  17. flash000 Augur

so you can pull reliably in very small areas buildings dungeons with lots of mobs without dieing? and fade named right next to you on a bad pull and not die? or any mob right next to you?

Thank you for your feedback Prathun...
  18. flash000 Augur

doubble post sorry site not responding
  19. mackal Augur

The last time I died on a pull was when I first entered arx and I went to pull some mobs and I wasn't sure how many would come and the group was too close by the time I realized I f-upped so even old fade wouldn't of saved the group :p although probably would of saved the bard.
  20. Prathun Developer

The target out of range check that occurs when you attempt to cast a spell happens in code. Design cannot insert a script there to circumvent the default behavior.

This, exactly. We can run a script on spell landed on an NPC, which is how this mechanic works in the Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay event.
  21. EQForumAcct Augur

I hope not.