Test Update 12/13/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Newtella New Member

I've run into a bit of an isolated problem caused by the increased zone times. Take a group of at least 4 characters to Barren Coast and get on the boat to The Buried Sea. It will take so long to zone that the boat will go in a full circle and take you back to Barren Coast before the TBS zone has time to fully load.
    Joules_Bianchi and Yinla like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Still missing the entire contents of my house including all my trophies.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Hobs Elder

In that case they're going to want you to petition. The devs and coders can fix the bug but the GMs have to replace the items.
  4. Cairbrae Developer

We've reproduced this memory growth on a machine with an NVIDIA RTX graphic card. We're investigating. Thanks to everyone for providing information.
    jeskola, Keella, Yinla and 13 others like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks for your persistence in chasing this bug down, Cairbrae!
    Keella, Hobs, Jack and 1 other person like this.
  6. Obsidianne New Member

My husband and I have nvidia geforce rtx 2070 super graphics cards. 2 computers, same problem confirmed.
    Hobs likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

Thank you, Cairbrae, this is a frustrating bug and hope it gets resolved before release of this patch to live, 12 min zone times is a thing of 2000, not 2023. :p
    Joules_Bianchi, Hobs and Jack like this.
  8. Hobs Elder

Thanks Cairbrae and thanks Kodaji for testing things so thoroughly to track down the root cause.
  9. Soulknight11 New Member

Happens to me on AMD 7900XTX. I don't think its an Nvidia thing.
  10. Strat79 Apprentice

Another tiny bug. The Final Fugue mission mobs give a 5 minute raid timer.
    Thunderkiks and Hobs like this.
  11. Strat79 Apprentice

Also one more bug. Possibly related to the memory leak. When mobs spawn in in a zone, you get a slight lag spike that locks up everything on your screen. It's not terrible most of the time but if you are doing something that spawns 4-5+ mobs at once it can lag you out for a good 5-8 seconds.
    GLOCCA and Allayna like this.
  12. Allayna Augur

This was bad on beta in the raid Artisan and the Druid in Unkempt Woods. Starting the event is a BIG lag spike.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

When Kunark rolled out originally, boats zoning faster than players was a thing. They would drop us in Ocean of Tears where you couldn't zone without being on the boat.. There were GMs summoning people to zone via /who all GM and /tell. the GM I got summoned me in the wrong direction, back to the side I started on. Good times.
    Hobs likes this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Once upon a time in Everquest, I could shave faster than I could zone. Part of my morning routine. AoL on dialup on an AMD K6 III in an old Dell office PC revamped with a Voodoo card.

Edited to add- Because AoL disks were free everywhere and any email address counted toward a free 30 day connection. Free internet!
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had a roommate during that period that worked at Barnes & Noble. ALL the various computer related magazines those years had those free trial AoL disks. When it came time to send the out of date mags back to the publisher, he'd go through and pull out all the disks and bring them home. He'd walk in the door carrying stacks of those disks. Internet services were crazy back then.
    Hobs and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  16. JolineSZ Augur

Same issue with Nvidia....sometimes my group mates think I am ld, because I zone several minutes.
  17. Hobs Elder

Any update? Can we expect a patch to fix this issue in the near future?
  18. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I also had AOL dialup and my second computer built with summer job money used a AMD K6. That's the one that stands up!
    However, no you could not just get a free 30 days with an email address. You misremember. AOL didn't require an Email address, it WAS your email address. It required a credit card for the free trial, and you couldn't just repeat them endlessly. I was an absolute expert on free internet in the late 90s before my first cable modem in 2001. NO ISP required an email for signup. That's more of a modern thing. And what email would you even have? Gmail didn't exist. Yahoo was hardly known. Hotmail (now Outlook) was "meh". Most people used their Screenname@AOL.com for their email address.

Also, if it's your first time on the internet...... how would you have an email?

I had stacks of the disks too. Still needed a unique credit card for each one.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/87291/youve-got-mail-history-aols-free-trial-cds
  20. Angahran Augur

Also in Final Fugue mission, typo, "12/22/23 06:05:31 PMKar is finally distracted by blows to the head and drops his sheild."