Test Update 11/12/2014

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Zantor Augur

This sounds more like a political speach :p
  2. Zantor Augur

But in all honesty, there are many many threads and many hundreds of posts saying mostly the same thing, some got addresses in this patch while most did not. And best answer we get if any if there are no plans at this time to change XYZ feature that many are unhappy about. People would like it if there was some sort of explanation as to why and the direction you want to take EQ in the future.
    Lisandra and Garshok like this.
  3. Ruven_BB Augur

We received an announcement of what was going to happen with HAs and experience in old zones after reaching 101 which caused a huge outcry from the community of players.

What the devs have change is no change to 101 experience in old zones and lower experience gained in HAs with regards to Lesson of Devoted and Xp potions.

How this improves for returning players trying to catch up is even worse since there is little incentives for players to help new and returning players to catch up (lower xp in old zones, lesson burns little use in HAs, no chests in missions in TDS).

I get that how HAs scaling to new levels causes issues and there was an imbalance of Xp for particular missions. Having CotF HAs lock to level 100, rework rewards for them, and having the new expansion provide reasonable experience over past content seems much more obvious than the course of action taken.

I'm not going to thank the Devs for making it much more of a mountain for newer and returning players to catch up.
    Mintalie and Lisandra like this.
  4. Numiko Augur

I hope they realize they are not going to discourage people from doing HA's by this change as this will turn them into incredible power leveling tools.

Grab HA with your 105's ..
    task add your level 75's just before it locks ..(or sell the TA's)
    complete event with your 105's ..
    before final hail log in your 75's and/or have your customers zone in..
    Hail..
    Profit!!

I predict you will see people selling TA for the final hail exp just as much as you used to see them selling TA's for HOT missions.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Mysl Augur

I think as players, we don't have the data, but I bet SoE's marketing does. From the looks of the direction, it is clear that there are not enough new and returning players to offset the "lapsed" accounts. Therefore, they are focusing on making the current subscriptions stay on as long as possible. Nerfing xp. lockouts, progression locked are all the tools they know to keep everyone lock in to play.

It would not decrease the sell of xp potions, the slower the xp, the higher chance people will buy the xp potions to offset the nerf.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. strongbus Augur

Other then the fact that rof should have not been had the xp nerf for over 101. Nothing else about it should be a issue. The reason for this is simple. No one over 101 should expect to be able to go back to VOA or lower and get any where near decent xp. If at level 101 you have to be in a voa or lower zone cause you can't handle rof or cotf I don't know what to tell you besides you need to find the reason why you can't handle rof or higher and try and fix that issue.

IF they just made rof reg xp for 101+ it be fine.
    Garshok likes this.
  7. Thaargor New Member

- Experience gains from killing NPCs in Heroic adventures has changed. The total experience is about the same, but a much smaller amount is granted on their death, while the remaining amount will be granted when the Heroic Adventure is completed.

if no one has yet mentioned it, this will be a significant negative impact to people wanting to do the hunter achivements. It is extremely unproductive of our time to complete missions when we are just hunting named.

it still makes sense to drop missions once we have seen whether or not a named is going to drop, especially in light of the drop rate for named, and the fact that some missions have multiple named. so not only do you have to spawn a named, you have to spawn the right named. you will get very little exp while doing so, making hunter achievement a waste of time.
    Melanippe, Lisandra and Shimmerleaf like this.
  8. Laffsalot Journeyman

6.) Cancellation ---- Take revenue to another vendor
    Garshok, Lisandra and Shimmerleaf like this.
  9. phattoni Augur

thats the route many are going, soe must be feeling the sting too lol, friend just cancelled something like 29 accounts.

my account runs out in 2 weeks and i have no plans on resubbing with these exp nerfs in place, only 1 account but it will add up with all the other cancellations :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Lighteningrod Augur

Is there some way to include the most recent .xml compare in the patch download? or a .bak folder inside the default UI folder containing only changed / added / deleted .xml files.

I don't see any reason to maintain more than the most recent compare (assuming the standard 30ish days between patches). I have the tools to do it myself, yet invariably forget and patch over the old prior to making a backup.

I applaud the regular maintenance, even for something as simple as a typo, but not being able to track it down can cause a conniption :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Moosetoe New Member

Regarding wizards, will an Admin please address the cast time on Ethereal Fuse and/or Quick Damage AA affecting/not affecting this spell? If it is not supposed to affect Ethereal Fuse, why does it affect Ethereal Weave?

Is this going to be fixed, or what?
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Angahran Augur

The SK AA Unholy Warhorse is not summoning the item for the Mount Tab.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Cancelled 29 accounts, eh? I would like to meet this person who played 29 accounts. He or she would be a very interesting person. The set being used must be awesome.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. phattoni Augur

10 computers and i have no clue how he does it :) i have problems boxing 2 chars, he used to box half a raid :p
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Lisandra Augur

A lot of people have 25-50+ accounts for various reasons. I know 5 people on Test who do including myself. I only have 3 that are all access atm & got TDS for 5 so far. Probably going to get TDS for 2-3 more depending on finances & I play on both FV & Test.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I guess I hangout with all the wrong people then since beside for people making free accounts I have never heard a one of them say they pay for all that. In fact, the weirdest one has 6 paid accounts and a couple have 2-3 for boxing which are usually wife/husband/whatever combos. I wonder if EQ even counts free to play accounts that don't spend a dime.
  17. Lisandra Augur

A lot of the f2p people on Test spent money on SC. I spent $1500+ in 2012 & then close to that on game cards & kronos in 2013 up to June of 2014. I moved to FV full time in June of 2013 & play around on Test on the weekends or late at night. Several people there buy expansions & have all access & buy SC & game cards & kronos. I'm sure SOE knows the numbers from Test & how much revenue it generates.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I think I have spent less than 1k on 4 accounts in the same time frame. I don't think I have spent money on a game subscription since Kronos came out.

*meh $713. There will probably be another 72 bucks spent before next expansion comes out.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Garshok Augur

Not to mention that flipping instances has been a feature in EQ since, oh, Rangers headshotting in DODH?

Meanwhile if they unnerfed ROF, there'd be a lot more places to hunt than COTF instances and TeDiouS.
    Lisandra and Melanippe like this.
  20. Serriah_Test Augur

No. Cancellation happens at stage 2.
    Then you go try and find a new game and can't find one quite like EQ... so you go through the remaining stages and then just accept it and either resub or walk away :p