Test Update 11/07/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 6, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

November 7, 2023

*** Tradeskills ***

- The recipe for Song: Pests of the Piper Rk. II should now make much more sense.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Fixed a bug where rewards from shroud missions wouldn't display properly and were unable to be selected.

*** AA ***

- Added an additional rank of Disruptive Persecution to the Terror of Luclin AAs, available at level 120, that procs Knight's Yaulp VI.

*** Overseer ***

- Optimized UX for starting quests and improved performance.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Updated /camp to accept the 'fast' parameter which allows camping immediately in zones that allow fast camping. This can be used in conjunction with existing parameters.
    - The /follow command will no longer consider player corpses as potential targets when a name is provided.

*** UI ***

- Adjusted the color of the health bar in the Target of Target window and the window's default position.
    - Windows using the new UI engine can no longer be resized if they are locked.
    - Fixed a bug where duplicate buffs would always display the last caster as the caster of the buff.
    - Created a new chat filter for Raid Victory Messages to reduce system messages spam.
    - Converted the Casting Window to the new UI.
    - Added commas to the display of guild tribute amount.
    - Fixed an issue where the Respawn Window could become unresponsive.

- Added -
    CastingWindow.html

- Changed -
    EQUI_TributeBenefitWnd.xml
    EQUI_TributeMasterWnd.xml
    TargetOfTargetWindow.html
    index.html
    main.css

- The EverQuest Team
    PathToEternity likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still no fix for the named in Dranik Scar which have been broken and confirmed for over a year?
    Molybedium, Andarriel, Nenton and 3 others like this.
  3. Bernel Augur

Whoo! I switch between characters a lot and this will be a nice change.
    PathToEternity and Jedis like this.
  4. chronicler Augur

would be nice if could make: /camp newchar
    log out that char and swap to new automatically
    Hobs, Silvena and Bernel like this.
  5. Monkeychunks Augur

so it would automatically switch servers if your other character was on a different server? Or it would not work on different servers? Sounds like a mess
  6. Angahran Augur

why would you think it would switch servers?
    This would simply log your current character and log in 'newchar' on the same server.
    Just skips showing the character select screen.
    Phaith and Tuco like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would think it would be something like

/camp <char> camps to a character on the same server
    /camp <server> camps to the character select screen on a given server

If this could work it would be useful for people who needs to switch between alts for various reasons.
  8. Bernel Augur

It would be for switching characters on the same server. For instance, I may have an account with a druid and enc that I use to buff a character on my other account. It would save the step of having to pick the next char from character select. So if I'm logged into my druid and want to switch to the enchanter on the same account, I could run "/camp fast switchto=Myenc". Obviously it's not a gamebreaking hassle to pick the char from character select, but it would be a nice convenience having it all in one command.
  9. Silvena *poke*

Like EQ2..
    Hobs and Rijacki like this.
  10. Pikollo Augur

Per Cairbrae a fix for the default device crash bug should be in this patch. I don't see a note though.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Would be nice since theres a rare bonus right now.
    Barton likes this.
  12. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I haven't logged on test or beta since the patch, did you change the color of the casting bar too? It wasn't right on beta.
  13. Pikollo Augur

So will the reset device crash bug be added?
  14. Cairbrae Developer

Unfortunately, it's been rescheduled. The Live client is still running DX9 and we're working on its device reset issue separately from DX11.
    Pikollo and Thunderkiks like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

If/When DX11 goes 'live' can we have the option to keep using DX9 so maybe we can still play while all the DX11 bugs get worked on?
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

17. Allayna Augur

DX 12 on my system, and have loads of issues on beta since DX11 was incorporated into that server. Have we finally reached the point where a new computer makes it difficult to load/play this game?

DX11 was launched in Oct of 2009.
  18. Angahran Augur

Honestly, why don't they aim for DX12? All the DXs are backwards compatible.
    Svann2 likes this.
  19. Soulbanshee Augur

20. Fenl Bard

Because while people with 12 can run 11 no issue, people with 11 can't run 12.

The direct x on your system is dictated by your graphics card drivers. While you can have directx 12 installed on your machine unless the driver supports it its not going to do a heck of a lot.