Test Update 10/10/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Kadwen_Bertox New Member

Bard AA Vainglorious Shout ID: 8201; Rank 9 requires Boastful Bellow at Level 56, currently Boastful Bellow can only be 53/53
    BadboyTS likes this.
  3. BadboyTS New Member

Category: Other [Can Reproduce]
    Date/Time: Mon Oct 16 11:56:23 2023

Character: Level 120 Enchanter (Main)
    Zone: The Plane of Knowledge

Description: Recipes for Faded Velium Mask (TOV) does require correct TS items to be completed. Missing diamonds per each set to be completed for firing. This is the last step to obtain the faded version.

All other EXP require diamonds for the final firing of pottery making. Not sure how this was missed or if this was changed by accident.
  4. Danladil Elder

Not sure where to put this as I tried putting in player support so here goes in test bugs. Since DX11 was introduced on test my screen for test has been darker, enabling windowed gamma does nothing, full screen no changes. Now same thing in beta darker screen. I have an AMD card and yes I can go into setting and make my screen brighter but when i am out of game the screen is to bright. I should not have to keep going into amd adrenalin and adjusting my screen brightness for each use. Right now in live brightness is just fine. Others have mentioned same thing to me but I haven't seen many posts on it. See example below[IMG]
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The devs have stated that changes from DX9 to DX11 mean that the way they controlled windowed gamma no longer work and that it is something that they are working on fixing.
    Hobs and Danladil like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Do other games have this issue? I was just wondering if some big people need to step in to help. Not me, BTW.
  7. Febb Augur

Perhaps some trolls, ogres, or barbarians can help?
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Possibly. They could provide comedy relief and snacks.
  9. Riou EQResource

No they have proper brightness settings, not sure if they let you wash out the image as hard as EQ did though
    Hobs likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

So then it's a feature and not a bug. I shall sleep easier. Thank you.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is a change that Microsoft made from DX9 to DX11 and it is just a matter of updating how they control gamma, or at least that is my understanding.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Boofpack New Member

Can not run DX11 on 2 of my machines due to them not having supported chipsets.
  13. Corydon Augur

That complain will not make them stop working on it. How about getting a bit more recent hardware? DX11 was released in 2009. It actually is downward compatible to DX10 which was released in early 2007.
    Zorvan likes this.
  14. Zorvan New Member

This thread is for bug reports. Outdated hardware not running newer software is not a bug.
    Hobs, Corydon and Nennius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.