Test Update 07/15/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jul 15, 2015.

1. NerfAway New Member

Anytime something like this happens it leads to more people leaving the game. Slowly over the years I have watched so called fixes lead to less and less server population.
    genaro44 and Iila like this.
  2. Piemastaj Augur

They would have done this 2 years ago if they didn't like how they were being used. Or tuned them differently, none of which was done. They actually unlinked our rain spells, so we could use both rains at the same time BEFORE they boosted them. Their intentions were for rains to work how they are and do the DMG they were doing. Numerous times to back pedal and they didn't, cementing these spells in our line-up.

Tuning a class around 2 spells, then removing HUGE portions of them w/o the means to boost other areas is dumb. This should have been done in a Beta period, not some random monthly patch. It affects our burst, sustained and mana consumption. All of which effect our grp and raid game.

Poor planning on their part. Even if they did not like them the way THEY made them, you don't make this change in the middle of an expansion. Plain and simple. Too many factors were not considered....
    Iila, Sancus and Leex like this.
  3. Enkel Augur

Berserkers understand; holy hell Berserkers understand.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

Ok you're right, I forgot about the Zerkers.
  5. Gidmagic New Member

Any ETR on the patcher removing the MSVCR71.dll file.....fix is easy but is kinda getting annoying
  6. Azrael Elder

Pretty sure the devs looked at their calendar and realized they hadn't $#@! mages over in a few months, so I guess it was due.

Sorry mages, apparently you guys were the best class in the game at everything ever and clearly deserved this. Beams, pets, random burn buff time decrease, and now rains...have to keep the game balanced now, right?
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Coronay Augur

One class that can dps like a wizard, tank like a war, heal their own pet, hire healer mercs, coth, gate, fade, RS. Sounds like their going back to where they need to be.
  8. Sancus Augur

You know what, nevermind...
    Littlelegs and Iila like this.
  9. Leex Pewpewer

Sounds to me like you're just trolling here with class envy. Warriors out tank any pet, gate isn't something unique to Mages, neither is fade. Like the rest of the pet classes, we can heal our pets.

Going back to where we need to be? Magicians are no longer a utility class but a full DPS class, they should be able to compete at top 3 DPS.

Your statements are pretty ludicrous, you're talking about a merc healer for christs sake.

Back on subject, these rain nerfs are really ridiculous, the fact they are trimming 47-50% of the dps we get off them is just outrageous! The RvR on them easily justifies the crit chance they currently have.
  10. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Not to mention that wizards can tank nameds in group content long (TDS t3 group content) enough to burn them down while still maintaining some of the top dps numbers in raids and getting a bonus from this patch.
  11. Naugrin Augur

You mean fully raid geared wizards with a ridiculous amount of healing?

Mages with a merc healer are in a different stratosphere than wizards when it comes to nameds. This has no bearing what so ever on the nerf to rains. Unless ofcourse you are saying that the two are indeed comparable which I find laughable.

A smart raid geared wizard with a healer merc, using all tools at there disposal will still be eaten most of the time....add armor of xp once a day for a better chance. This is still far from a sure thing. You can try glyph of the master but it's not nearly as good.

By all means fight the nerf in anyway you can, but don't throw up some ridiculous argument implying that wizards can do what mages can when it comes to soloing nameds, we can not.

In short, come up with a post that might change a dev's mind (for all the good I think it will do).

Edited to give a good example...If I have armor of xp available, I kill magus rokyl in the solb revamp. If I don't, he eats me 9 out of 10 times. To be fair he's usually quite low on health when he eats me, but he eats me none the less lol.
    Xeladom, Ferry-Tunare and Igniz like this.
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Shrug, just combating the other ridiculous post earlier. And, we were talking about raid geared toons, right? And, *shrug* I don't know, I was watching Binamren in Degmar, didn't seem to be having too many issues.

Point of the other poster was that mages can do all these things, which somehow implies we deserve the nerfs to our rains. My retort is just indicating that wizards can too, doesn't mean they deserve nerfs.

I think Cicelee's tongue in cheek retort is probably most appropriate, lol.
  13. Zunar Augur

Is there something in the works for pet procs too?
    I know as a beastlord I can hardly use any of the procs together because they "steal" procs from other effects.
  14. Igniz Augur

As far as I read this patch message, ALL entities, including pets, should be able to have multiple procs going off at the same time now.
  15. Iila Augur

If there wasn't a awful, random mage nerf, and this unexplained nuke overcrit change (Are we getting the missing base 100% added back to anything?). This would have been a patch with cool and good changes.
    Xeladom, Leex, Silv and 4 others like this.
  16. Fleeting Augur

For mage rampaging pet can we not ... takes another thing away from Mages on pvp server ... thx a ton also fix zek instances so they non pvp

Been multiple posts about fixing zek instances for past 2 years and not a single thing has happened for our server in over 10 years .. much appreciated if everyone can go to vet lounge and post on making zek instances non pvp thanks

Tldr might of misread the mage ability idk but still fix zek ;)
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

I know you're trolling but I feel the need to take the bait.

Mages cannot dps like a wizard. We're good, but wizards should be above us by a decent margin. Idk how much has changed in the last few months i had been on break, but if wizards are below us now they need to be bumped up (nerfing one class doesn't fix other classes, sometimes it IS needed, but it isn't a fix-all)

Pets cannot tank like warriors. pets spike less, and take less AAs and no real gear to make them 'max' unlike a player. But any tank that has invested time and effort into his/her class and has skill will generally make a pet look silly. Not to mention the flexibility of a real person versus a limited pet AI.

Any class with a pet as a primary resource can heal their own pet.

Mercs of any type are innate to all classes as game play mechanics now and the game is built around them. try soloing as a mage without a pet. Is it doable? Yes as it should be. I hope you like casting zero nukes, 9000000 heal spells and one RS every minute or so though!

CoTH is an ability exclusive to us, *shrug* so what. Not like coth also DTs mobs. in fact many mages hate coth, it means we have to work while others can be lazy. (Oh you're two feet away in another room? CoTH pls)

Gate...is used by all casters and priests but...neat.

Every class in the game gets some form of fade or aggro dropping ability now. every. Single. One. Even if it comes from an item but pretty sure every class gets some spell or AA by now as well.

RS. Ok? Swarm pets aren't unique to us and hell necros get more than we do. RS is toughs yes but...so? Our class is pet centric, it has been the primary aspect of Mages since 1999. I'd expect RS to be tough.

You have your opinion. Great. Everyone has favorite/least favorite classes. I dislike zerkers. A lot. Doesn't mean I think they should be nerfed ever. If anything they probably need help. Idk, i don't care enough about them to pay attention to their ability usually, plus i never go to The Grounds where they all sit decapping so i never see any. :p
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  18. Zarakii Augur

this right here is why i hated the idea of decap when it was first fixed and sure as hell years later the class is built around it (can still do what they do but issues piled up while people abused decap) sorry you dislike zerks for whatever reason but they are the one class in the entire game that needs help right now not nerfing mages/druids just help the one class that really needs it... but as always things are a$$ backward
    Igniz, Rainbowdash and Sancus like this.
  19. Rainbowdash Augur

It was kinda a joke tbh :p I don't dislike any class really, though I do think they never really should have been made. Like they were just a gimmick to get people to buy GoD when it was current but that it offered little. Beasts at least are unique and have good utility. Zerkers were kinda just dps and esentially rogues with axes, and more AEs. They may also have just been an excuse to put dorfs in chainmail carrying around massive axes which is certainly hilarious.

I don't really dislike them though I guess. And whether they should have been made in the first place or not, they're here now and, I agree, they deserve more positive treatment.

Also this is all a sidetrack from the original topic, ignore it :p
  20. Igniz Augur

Well - ALL melee could use quite a bit of a boost, but zerkers need it the most, aye :-(
    If this merry-go-round-nerfing continues though, all classes will finally be on the same level again - though we will be level 115 and taking the first wonky and careful steps into VoA raid-progression then :-(
    Sancus likes this.