Test Update 07/15/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Axxius Augur

When are they going to put it back in? Reducing IOG from 250% to 150% is a big nerf, and it's going to be this way for how long?
  2. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

Missing from patch notes, also, did the ability really get nerfed OR did the wording change?
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Points to evaluate with the changes to procs:
    Melee DPS aggro increases due to proc stacking (I'm looking at you, Rogues)
    Whether abilities that can force procs, such as the Warrior's "Rage of Rallos Zek," can now force a weapon's inherent proc plus an augment's proc for the duration of the ability
    DPS increases for those who use Girdle of the Weaponmaster
  4. Forcallen Augur

I'm not arguing with anything you are saying Sanc so don't take it that way, if you are.

I agree about Mana charge though I was previously told there were no toys like that for dots even with long refreshes because dot crit stacked. That doesn't seem to apply anymore. I would gladly take 38 seconds of 50% more overcrit to dots on a 3 or 4 hour recast as a toy.

I just want to point out what one class can now do for a single nuke or for a few occasional nukes from CH procs. It will be nuts if a 33K nuke that can be focused by a special AA line that crits for nukes can then be modifed by a 2600% OC nuke mods.

It should also be noted that because Black wolf does nothing for dots that in most guilds there is another druid who can cast BW on a nuke group for 2 more minutes of nuke OC fun. Which is why some guilds run 2-3 BW buffs onto a group so necros can get 1-2 IoG's since IoG modifies dots and amplifies necros higher sustained base on longer events where 2 IoG's to nec group becomes worthwhile.

To me the stacking issues of nuke OC was a non issue. Game was tuned pretty well in that regard based on spell base power, nukes have high base damage and didn't stack OC dots have low base damage and did stack OC. Don't see the need for the mage nerfs even if you guys had some sick mana to damage ratio that Bei hated. Devs should have put some residue buff on toons if the received BW or IoG to stop guilds from just chain casting them on groups and called it a day. Rather then a complete overhaul of nuke overcrit and some major class tweaking now being needed. Considering our limited EQ resources.
  5. Piemastaj Augur

No way we get a DPS increase. It's a giant nerf to all areas of game play for Mages. Our spears do like 2/3s of a rain and that is our current spear which we only have 1 of.

Glad to see the nerf first boost later mantra is still in effect. And it's not even touching the 2 highest DPS classes currently lol
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Right now Skyfire on a full burn with Haze and crit will top out around 1.1 million. On test it will be about 1.6 million. Provided Haze isn't nerfed.

On that note, Mages' highest single target nuke is 30k, so it does about the same. Enchanters' is 25k.
  7. Savil Lorekeeper

With all the changes they made, no way they will get it right without months of patches... mages will be lucky to be doing 60% of the sustained dps we do now. I know I'm still having fun! *sigh*

Savil
  8. Hiladdar Augur

Regarding:

The pet's flurry is welcome, and I expect it to be a welcome boost to a pet's DPS. But, rampage included in Frenzied Burnout will limit the usefulness of the frenzied burnout AA. The problem will be the pet, will become an automatic inadvertent mezbreaker.

Recommendations for consideration:

a. Do not roll out the frenzied burnout part with this patch.
    b. Roll frenzied burnout but do not incorporating rampage part as part of the Frenzied Burnout AA.
    c Split frenzied burnout into two AA, one which includes the buffing up of the pet's abilities including flurry, and a separate AA which only includes rampage but has the same cool down as frenzied burnout.

There are instances when rampage on a pet is good.
    Sheex likes this.
  9. Savil Lorekeeper

No, this is just their way of making mages use fire pets....

Savil
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

Please reverse the naming convention on meta-AA, to group them with the AA they're modifying in the AA window. Hastenings and Quickenings and Extensions and Reachings.

Super easy:
    instead of "Hastened Stasis", name is "Stasis Hastening".
    Instead of "Hastened Gather Mana", name is "Gather Mana Hastening".

An even better, but less trivial change would be to include a leading en-dash, but the marginal utility above just renaming doesn't warrant delaying the easier alteration.

Thank you.
  11. Iila Augur

Lol, rain crit nerf also hits spirtual surge, grats shm!

[40335/14551] Spiritual Surge Rk. III
    Classes: SHM/100
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 2797
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 150', AE Range: 30'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 10s, Timer: 12, Rest: 1.5s
    AE Waves: 3
    Crit Chance/Dmg: 40%
    1: Increase Current HP by 3674
    Text: You experience a healing surge.
  12. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

... when they say "all rain spells" they mean it ... wow.
    Usually blanket changes like this are sudden and not-well-thought out...
    Did they give us a reason?
  13. Savil Lorekeeper

Could be because it was sudden, and not-well-thought out... You know, how most of the changes the they make... *grin*

Savil
  14. Iila Augur

TLP servers are getting guides!

I don't know what that has to do with nerfing rains, but Holly posted about it.
  15. Slasher Augur

Nope these changes will increase dps for one of the 2 for sure :)
    Xnao likes this.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

The real question is, are Wiz rains being nerfed?....
  17. Xikteny Augur

Yes.
  18. Iila Augur

Yes. Wiz rains, Mage rains, Druid rains, Shm poison rains, and Shm heal rains all get the 40% crit cap.
  19. Potawatomi Augur

You get no response unless it pertains to Tlp
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  20. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

That's unfortunate. I play on Live AND TLP and would love both to get equal support. Is it a management resource issue or what's going on here?