Test Update 07/08/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Jul 8, 2013.

1. JChan Developer

This update has completed.

Update Notes:
    *** Highlights ***

- Heart of Fear, the final chapter in Rain of Fear, is now available to everyone who has Rain of Fear!
    - - Explore three new zones inside the source of Cazic-Thule's power, the Heart of Fear: The Threshold, The Rebirth, and The Epicenter, with new quests, missions, and raids!
    - Mission chests in Rain of Fear now have a chance to drop Valiant armor ornaments.
    - New Ssraeshzian armor ornaments rewarded by Norx are now properly restricted by armor type. Ornaments previously obtained from Norx have not been changed.
    - Tears of Alaris leveling requirements have been adjusted to be slightly more achievable.
    - Vulak`Aerr's items from the Corrupted Temple of Veeshan can now be purchased from Ilana Sunmire in Shard's Landing if you have completed that event.

*** Items ***

- Bows from House of Thule and onward now have a type 3 socket and corruption focus.
    - Might of Stone is using the correct icon again.
    - New Ssraeshzian armor ornaments rewarded by Norx are now properly restricted by armor type. Ornaments previously obtained from Norx have not been changed.
    - Tears of Alaris leveling requirements have been adjusted to be slightly more achievable.
    - Twilight Coat of Carnage and Silvershade Warmonger Coat now have the Brutal Discipline Quickening focus.
    - Verdant Shield of the Shissar and Umbralforge Shield now have the correct mod stats.
    - Non-edible tradeskill components are no longer marked as food.
    - Fixed an issue that was causing Vah Shir and Froglok chest pieces to not visually change in some cases.

*** Spells ***

- Three new single-target cure spells are now available in the Plane of Knowledge, Firiona Vie, the Overthere, Sunderock Springs, Dragonscale Hills, or the Abysmal Sea.
    - Clerics - New resurrection spells are available in the Plane of Knowledge, the Undershore, Sunderock Springs, and Dragonscale Hills.
    - Enchanter - Corrected a problem that prevented Silver and Free users from properly casting Curtailing Helix.
    - Enchanter - Increased the target cap on Blanket of Forgetfulness to 100.
    - Magician - Corrected a problem that prevented Silver and Free users from properly casting or scribing the spell Summon Cauldron of Endless Goods.

*** NPC ***

- Cazic-Thule, Morell-Thule, and Terris-Thule are now consistently hyphenated.
    - Fixed textures on the Gnomework variant that wields a drill.
    - The inhabitants of Ssraeszhza Temple are now marked more consistently in terms of difficulty and rarity.

*** AA ***

- Enchanter - Increased the target cap on Blanket of Forgetfulness to 100.
    - Magician - Call of the Hero rank 2 now has a more clear description of its effects.
    - Ranger - Pack Hunt ranks 7, 8, and 9 will now summon the correct pet.
    - Rogue - Glyph of the Cataclysm and Third Spire of the Rake should now play nicely together.
    - Shaman - Spirit Renewal ranks 7, 8, and 9 should now heal for the correct amounts.
    - Wizard - Refunded all ranks of Improved Ward of Destruction, and created ranks 6 - 10 of Ward of Destruction using the Improved Ward data. This will clean up the AA interface.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Mission chests in Rain of Fear now have a chance to drop Valiant armor ornaments.
    - The correct Hot Zones will now display under the filter "Hot Zones" in the Zone Guide window.
    - Vulak`Aerr's items from the Corrupted Temple of Veeshan can now be purchased from Ilana Sunmire in Shard's Landing if you have completed that event.

*** UI ***

- Updated the Atlas for Heart of Fear.
    - Added more item icons.

- Changed -
    EQUI_Animations.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Fixed a problem with hunter achievements for rare creatures in the Plane of Shadow.

- The EverQuest Team
    moogs and EQbud like this.
  2. smash Augur

Does it not miss the info about Extended target is being given free ?
    Or is it not with in July Patch after all ?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

NO !

Don't refund them, I need more to buy not have refunds!
  4. EQbud Augur

Three things that make me very happy here. Thanks muchly!
  5. Gnar Augur

I wanted to make a ssraeshzian plate ornament to see if they changed the name slightly to compensate for them leaving in the already obtained stuff. First thing i noticed was the drop rate of fangs from taskmasters seems to have been lowered drastically. I did get one fang to drop eventually from Vyzh'dra the Cursed and made a plate helm ornament. The name of the ornament and descriptive information are all exactly the same, so at the moment there is no way to tell if you had a pre or post release ornament.
  6. Fenudir Augur

I, for one, am extremely disappointed in the development team for not listening to the player base in a previous thread and unilaterally pushing this through. They could have postponed this part of the update and pushed a vote at the login screen to see what the player base wanted. They didn't. Instead they did this.
  7. Straahdx Augur

Rogue - Glyph of the Cataclysm and Third Spire of the Rake should now play nicely together.

+1.
  8. Cakvala Augur

Glad I got my full chain for my chanter before they changed that, i am a sexy beast!
  9. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

Reports coming in that people are losing Banked AA. I know personally I've lost four since last night.
  10. EverChanter Augur

Eyes Wide Open auto spends the aa's on all ranks when zoning with banked AA. I do hope there's a plan to refund the aa's spent for it now since it's now broke. Please fix before pushing to live...
  11. gcubed Augur

While the corruption focus on bows that rangers cannot use does make a certain amount of sense, it is pure insanity on the ranger only bows (unless someone has slide a corruption based nuke into the ranger spell lineup when the boss wasn't looking).
  12. KC13 Augur

YES, please make sure this one IS fixed before it goes live. "I" want to decide where my AA's go. Eyes Wide Open is at the bottom of my lists currently. Many more important AA's to get without the game deciding what I want........
  13. Vmas Elder

Achievement for HoF will get fixed before patch go live on 16th?
  14. Axxius Augur

HoF achievements were appearing on Beta in bunches last night. So yes, they are coming.
  15. torach Journeyman

BUG

I play on test and the augments on my Sunbeam Bow (Krucidon's inverted charm, Frosted Topaz, spelling :p) are gone. Bugged it last night, will check today to see if fixed.

Tourachxx
  16. Slasher Augur

They could give 2 what we want. Just read the thread and the attitude in the post from the dev. They believe in the way they want it and nothing the player base says or does will change that.
  17. Vmas Elder

have done a new testcopy today, and its still bugged, some augs are vanished from the bows.
  18. Brudal Augur

Thanks for the heads up Tourachxx & Vmas, I will likely remove all the augs in my bow's prior to the patch to live to prevent having to petition for their return.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  19. Rashari Elder

20. roth Augur

I just checked Test, and sure enough, one of the augs in my bow has gone poof, as well.

I had the Azure Shard of Covetous Absorption in the 4 slot, and the Frosted Topaz in the 8 slot.

On Test, however, the bow's aug slots are not 4, 8 .. they are 3, 4, 8. The Azure Shard of Covetous Absorption has vanished, and the Frosted Topaz is in the 4 slot (the second aug slot).

That leads me to believe that in adding the 3 slot to the bow, they turned the 4 slot into the 3 slot, the 8 slot into the 4 slot, and added an 8 slot, all without moving augs. For those who checked test for vanishing bow augs, were the augs that vanished unable to fit into the new slots?

Before this goes live, my suggestion for a fix would be simple - put the 3 slot AFTER the 8 slot, not before the 4 slot. Make the bow's aug slots 4, 8, 3 instead of 3, 4, 8.

And on another note entirely, I can appreciate the need some other classes may have for the Corruption focus on their bow. However, why include it on a ranger-only bow? Frosthewn Shortbow is ranger-only, and no ranger has a corruption spell.