Test Update 06/29/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jun 28, 2016.

1. DruidCT Augur

Whats the point of an AA nuke if it uses (substantial) mana? Saves you a spell slot I guess, pretty weak sauce.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  2. Arcainos Augur

Haven't heard a good reason as to why they shouldn't be on the vendor. I don't think we should need to "agree to disagree".

And of course you don't think they should be on the vendor, you already have the mask.
    Vdidar, Sancus and EnchFWO like this.
  3. Utaerx Elder

While I echo Forcallen's and Menown's sentiments about where GoDR *should* be, seriously, thank you for finally recognizing the nerfs in February went too far. While I would like to see it taken a step further, I'm very happy to see this getting implemented nonetheless.
  4. Eruesso Lorekeeper

Gah Consolidation! Lol it scares me now....At least they fixed the Glyphs thank god!
  5. EnchFWO Augur

Still waiting on the same rationale/explanation for adding a mana cost to Enchanter AA slow. The perks to these AA were the fact they were free... and come on... they made it cost 400 mana. That's peanuts. So, why even bother? Yeah it will likely have no effect on when we use it but still - who is coming up with these genius ideas lately?
    RPoo likes this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

If it had mana cost can it be affected by anything it previously couldnt? And he's been systematically adding mana costs to previously free or near free things for awhile it's not really surprusing.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. EnchFWO Augur

Elidroth intentionally made them mana-free and kept them that way. Even when new, similar lines were added, they maintained their mana-free status. Obviously has has been gone since the fall. So, I'm curious exactly "who" this person is that now decided that wasn't acceptable and has systematically been doing this because I don't recall that many changes to free AA. Do you have other examples?

Edit: And with a Lv 254 tag I doubt anything worthwhile would change them to be more useful unless I'm just spacing on this one.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

Dzarn is probably just fixing the clusterf*** Elidroth left him with and making what he thinks are logical changed (though I hate them and want my mana free stuff back)
    Iila and EnchFWO like this.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

If we're adding mana costs then maybe it's time to remove the Lv 254 restriction so foci would work on them. Make them the level of which max AA rank can be purchased or something like that. Of course, I would say this only applies to AA lines which cost mana, not across the board obviously.

Unlike the Wizard changes which give their nukes a benefit during sustained (debatable), the addition to Enchanter slow for example servers no purpose other than to just drain trivial amounts of mana. Maybe there is something "bigger" planned in the future. If that's the case... a producer's letter would have been nice right about... now.
  10. kizant Augur

Like I posted in the class forum. Why make all these complicated scenarios with spells? The force nukes now work closer to every other nuke but they're still different. Neither mana preservation nor dmg focus get applied. Why not let those work too? Maybe adjust the damage slightly if you think they would do too much. Then to me it's not a bad change. It's just different and useful in other ways than the old version.

BUT it is definitely turning the AA nukes into something very different than originally intended. Hopefully they understand that. Although, I personally always thought the oom scenario and still being able to nuke for a tiny bit of damage was silly.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Dicho reinforce and MR does nothing when a wizard blows their load from overforcing. Lol
  12. Naugrin Augur

Can we double the counters on frenzied destruction, arcane destruction, sustained destruction, and improved twincast then?
    Brohg, Iila and kizant like this.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Lol triple em because 3 forces omg
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  14. Iila Augur

Yeah, this is just confusing. It doesn't change the way anyone plays, it doesn't make the ability more interesting, it's not reigning in an overpowered ability. It's a nerf for the sake of nerfing. Why do it at all? Is there a quota to meet?
  15. EnchFWO Augur

^Must be quota. Wizard and Ench are behind so far this year by my count.

I guess it is easier to nerf Enchanters and Wizards slowly over time than just completely smashing them like they did for for Necros and Mages. However, /wave Druids and Mages with their mana free nukes and debuffs. August isn't looking so great for you! ;)... that would be REALLY messed up if the other "free" nukes and "debuff" AA of other classes didn't get mana costs. Not that I *WANT* this to happen but if it's applied to 1/8 instead of 1/4 which all have the same types of abilities... then /boggle.

While the Wizard AA nukes eating TC is unacceptable at least they gain some benefits from ADPS (if you even consider that worth the mana cost). For Enchanter slow... well,... apparently they just need ways to make us go OOM :rolleyes:

Changes like these reinforce the player mentality that resources are being wasted on the wrong issues.

Edit: Where is the mana cost on Shaman slow AA? (which is a bazillion times superior to Enchanter slow thanks to the cripple component).
    Sindaiann and Iila like this.
  16. Iila Augur

Also, 2nd month in a row without any more DoT changes.
  17. Rimelure Journeyman

Does that make force pretty worthless? They have nerfed everything we use. Ethereal PD force line 2 times now and chaos spells. What's next honestly.
  18. Ravengloome Augur

Twincast spell will lockout Improved Twincast AA? lol
    Rimelure likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Probably because the developers don't want every Tom, and Harry running around with a mask and an augment.

Probably because the developers realize this is a chase item, and want you to actually do something about it instead of just attending raids for three months.

Probably because the developers are of the mind set that "not everyone can have every nice thing in the game".

The augments not being on a vendor causes guilds to think about how best they want to distribute the augments - whether it is to create a mask, whether it is to wear for xyz years, or both. It forces people and leaders to work together to come to an agreement that best suits their guild.

Having augments on the vendors prevents all of the above from happening. I think if the augments do go on a vendor eventually, then make it so (a) you already have a mask made before you can buy, and (b) have it cost like 7500 or 10,000 currency or something ridiculous.

Or you can just continue doing two Crypt of Sul raids for the next 18 months and eventually everyone will have a mask and an augment if they so desire...
  20. Arcainos Augur

Again, coming from the guy who has the mask, not holding much weight, but sure lets play along:

1. why not? they are items from a current expansion... why not have players able to attain them without having to split raid etc.?

2. why not? he chase items in past expansions have been on the vendor big guy. Bloodstained shoulders, girdle of the weaponmaster, grelleth's seal, etc.

3. fluff, you can still do this with augs on the vendor.

4. 7500 or 10,000 is ridiculous, you're right.

Seems like YOU want these items to be rare, hence your arguments.

Sorry, I don't see why players who are attaining coins to buy items from a current expansion can't attain current content with said currency.