Test Update 04/11/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Hludwolf Developer

Test update today for internal changes. We expect a very long down time for this update.
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

4+ hours? Just so we aren't sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting on the server to come back up. Also when are we going to get our actual monthly patch?
  3. Hludwolf Developer

Probably, potentially longer than that.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thank you for letting us know Hludwolf. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and according to plan. Let us know if there is anything specific you need us to test and I'm sure many of us will gladly do so.
  5. stabbsu New Member

I'm just curious as to why these patches are done during prime time instead of during a time where some but not all are asleep ?
  6. Derd Augur

Because they're done when dbg employees are at work.
    Lythe likes this.
  7. Kolani Augur

I'm sure they're not excited either, it's after 5 in California now. They've probably been working on getting it ready all day. There are plenty of live servers you can go play on, just won't have your free Gold.
  8. mackal Augur

It's test server, you'll just have to deal :p
    Iila likes this.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Maybe you can come play on Test when the Live servers are down for most of a day or more later this year.
  10. Hludwolf Developer

Test will be down until tomorrow. The patching process is going to continue throughout the night/morning.
  11. Armed_Assault New Member

the one time im glad to be at work..
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

joking right?

IT IS TEST SERVER!!!

key word being TEST!!

it is there to TEST!!!

its not supposed to be a home for you to play 24/7 and expect it to be up when it is most convenient for you..
    Iila likes this.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Don't poop your pants in excitement of going off on someone you don't know over a minor statement that doesn't even affect you.

In other words.....

[IMG]
  14. Hludwolf Developer

Server is unlocked.
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Just an FYI the log in server is acting funny. It told me it was down on my first attempt but let me in on the second attempt. Make sure to run the patcher too since there is some tiny files that you have to update to get in.
  16. mackal Augur

test died?
  17. stabbsu New Member

yeah i had a decent group going, and all of a sudden, it went into LD mode, so hopefully when i wake up in the morning i can either get myself rezed before work, and hope i don't have a roll back lmfao :)
  18. Ifangels New Member

This is realllllllly getting annoying, test just crashed after that 20 something hr patch
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well we managed about 10-11 hours of up time! Someone tell Roshen!
  20. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Corollary: It is exceptionally hard to test when the place to do that isnt up.

Theres a fun, reproducable bug with a couple of the anniversary missions despawning completely based around fading memories and bardspeed, for instance, but the couple of us who have seen it multiple times it are able to test it at best, .5 times times a day because it can also mess with your lockout timers, so we arent sure exactly why it does what it does, only that it does.

We've been down for the majority of 5 prime-time nights the last week (and we're down again as I write this), it starts to impact how much anything can be tested.