Test Update 03/21/2023 - New UI Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Quatr Augur

On Test, you can no longer use Shift-arrow within the Quantity window. It works fine on Live.
    Wulfhere and Emilari like this.
  2. Rizzin Elder

The time needed to switch between Windowed and Fullscreen mode (alt-tab or ctl-esc and mouse select) has increased from less than a second to over few seconds. I can send a video of this behavior as needed.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Emilari UI Designer

We can't unless Darkpaw does something about it on their end from what I can figure out.
  4. Riou EQResource

Editing the actual files only lets you use the Arial (current one maybe used), Courier New, or a fallback one, the fallback one is probably the easiest to read
  5. Emilari UI Designer

The Alpha channel on the new engine seems to be having issues. In my image editing software, both my custom PNG and old TGA file look identical, a semi-transparent blackish-grey color.

[IMG]

In the following image, you'll see how it is applied as wnd_bg_light_rock.png in the Gameface engine, and as wnd_bg_light_rock.tga in the SUITE engine comparing the background texture of the inventory window and chat window. Both are set to 100% normal and faded Alpha in the right click menu.

[IMG]

They do not look the same in-game.

Also, you can see the AA xp bar no longer appears for low level characters.
    EQ Dev likes this.
  6. Jedis Arch Mage

I am seeing the UI flickering when opening and closing container items from the inventory.

1) Grab a mixing bowl (or any inventory container will do).
    2) Put some items in it.
    3) Open container with CTRL+right click or just right click.
    4) UI flickers - most noticeable on chat windows, but is seen on all other windows.
  7. Jedis Arch Mage

You can still click and drag it partially off-screen. Snapping doesn't really have a detrimental effect and is viewed as a positive feature. It's only snapping when it's about 10 pixels from the edge.
    klanderso and Emilari like this.
  8. Ryona New Member

Right-clicking seemingly anywhere in the EQ window is somehow triggering a right-click on the EQ window's title bar and showing that menu. I can't pinpoint exactly what is causing it but it keeps randomly happening.
  9. Ryona New Member

Left-click and holding a spell gem no longer puts it on my cursor.
  10. Riou EQResource

The transparency setting in the new windows, using a low value (like at least the 30 or less range) basically makes the entire window transparent including things like Item Icons in the Inventory window, this doesn't happen on Live server version, Item Icons can still be visible

When returning to a high value you also need to close and reopen the window to see the change
    Emilari likes this.
  11. Paladin Augur

OK -- the scaling works in the windows it applies to.

However, I have one HUGE suggestion.

What if we only want to scale a specific window, instead of all of them?

For instance, I am fine with the Inventory Window size, but I would like the Selector Window to be bigger. I see no way to make one bigger and not the other.

Maybe add the scale option to the options when you right click the top bar of the window?
    Barton and Angahran like this.
  12. kizant Augur

It does seem like the characters are being stretched slightly which might be causing the blurriness.
  13. Quatr Augur

On Test, hovering your cursor over Accuracy, Avoidance, Combat Effects, etc no longer creates a hover-over message telling you what the next Heroic stat threshold for each value is. It works fine on Live.
    Emilari likes this.
  14. kizant Augur

I also noticed that everything looks great if you open index_debug.html in Firefox but in Edge it has a similar over brightness issue for the main fonts. Although, the blurriness goes away in both cases. Maybe something is going on with rendering that's scaling things incorrectly plus the default white should prob be 90% brightness or something.
  15. DeadRagarr Augur

First login: Windowed Full screen - Monitor resolution 1920-1080

Window snapped perfectly for me: Tried using the Window selector and was able to move and snap to top window.

Decided to test things: Enabled non-windowed full screen mode. While it just dumped windows in odd places <Similar to pre-patch> it seemed to work fine. Would much prefer some sort of automatic scaling on swapping resolutions if possible rather than readjust UI after each change.

Went a step further and swapped to Default Layout and it went to bonkers. It enabled X-Ray vision on my character. I can now see through various walls inside PoK and through some ground textures. Various graphical elemental flicker in/out as well.

Doing a /loadskin and selecting Default <gf> seems to have fixed the issue.

https://imgur.com/a/pHlQ8mZ
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

How do you make it windowed full screen? I thought EQ only allowed windowed or full screen.
  17. Angahran Augur

Seeing this in UI files, both the default and converted custom.
  18. Mikana Augur

Looks like it's only reading main.css from the default folder - I made a copy of the entire folder with a new name, and although the Load UI skin button shows my new folder, it seems to be ignoring the contents.

Adding "Courier New" at the start of default\main.css *does* update the font used in both the default and my custom version, even when my custom UI folder's version doesn't mention it.

Adding "Courier New" only at the start of myui\main.css (and not the default one) *does not* update the font used when using my custom ui.
  19. Mikana Augur

I don't want it to snap at all. Some of my windows are positioned close to the edge, so that I can see things (such as hp%) on the window underneath, and the snapping behaviour breaks this.

In this instance, it does have a detrimental effect, and is not a positive feature.
  20. Angahran Augur

So what we need is the option to turn snapping on/off individually for each window.