Technical question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurastrider, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Angahran Augur

There is nothing inherently wrong with using broadcasting software to run as many characters as you want. You, they player, are still at the keyboard and you are still controlling the actions of each character.

The problems arise when you have automated groups (of however many) who 'camp' mobs or entire zones, 24/7/365 with zero human involvement.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Well, that is where I disagree. Using broadcast software to run multiple groups is not something that can be normally done without 3rd party software and therefore goes against the unfair advantage concept.
  3. Warpeace Augur

I think its unfair this Forumquest is only up to 8 pages:(.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's been sliced up and bled into other threads, all being responded to in those other threads by the same people!
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. Angahran Augur

And there you have it, there is nothing wrong with broadcasting software, it is the other 3rd party software which provides the automation that is the problem.

We finally agree on something.
    Broadcasting software - Ok.
    Automation software - Bad!
  6. Angahran Augur

Maybe if someone from DBG would respond we wouldn't keep going round in circles.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

ROFL, the broadcasting software IS 3rd party software, but nice try.
  8. Millianna Augur

You do not need 3rd party software to have a keystroke pressed on simultaneously on more than clients assuming you have multiple systems.

The issue isn't with broadcasting, it is with what else IBS does and use to be.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Do you crusade much?
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It doesn't do anything else, and wasn't anything else. Just because someone wrote another piece of software doesn't mean the next piece of software is the same thing.
    Angahran likes this.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Dude, this is those two having a Forum Duel. LOL. Forum hitpoints are way too high obviously. Maybe the forums need a nerf. Or weapon damage needs a boost...
  12. Ghubuk Augur

Probably more than I should..:)
  13. Mortisand New Member

I will give up my maths coprocessor when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers...
  14. Wizlard Augur

I've noticed all voice chat programs pick up keystrokes while in other windows. :eek: